Lottery discussion Thread! :D

Page 1 of 212>
June 24th, 2019 at 4:31:25 AM permalink
KNathan
Member since: Dec 9, 2018
Threads: 25
Posts: 311
It has come to my attention that Florida Lottery Predictions tend to piss people off, especially since many posters here don't even live in Florida, they live in Nevada which doesn't even have a Lottery, so Lottery Predictions have no use to them. So I decided to start a thread for Lottery discussions in general. :)
June 24th, 2019 at 5:09:44 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 119
Posts: 10021
OK.

Playing the Lottery is crazy. 500-1 on a 3 digit number? The mafia gave 600-1! Even with an expected tip for the runner, you did better.

I was the only one in the room that refused to play in the last big jackpot where I worked. I was called a stick in the mud. Oh, well. Now I work from home and do not have to deal with those occasional pools.

One Prob/Stat class turned me off for life.
The man who damns money has obtained it dishonorably; the man who respects it has earned it
June 24th, 2019 at 5:38:56 AM permalink
KNathan
Member since: Dec 9, 2018
Threads: 25
Posts: 311
Quote: AZDuffman
OK.

Playing the Lottery is crazy. 500-1 on a 3 digit number? The mafia gave 600-1! Even with an expected tip for the runner, you did better.

I was the only one in the room that refused to play in the last big jackpot where I worked. I was called a stick in the mud. Oh, well. Now I work from home and do not have to deal with those occasional pools.

One Prob/Stat class turned me off for life.


We used to do Lottery Pools in my job. We won $2, a quarter each when 12 people played! LMAO! :/
June 24th, 2019 at 9:51:49 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Member since: Oct 27, 2012
Threads: 55
Posts: 7090
Quote: AZDuffman
Playing the Lottery is crazy.
Of course it is. Casanova got rich selling lottery tickets in France, not by buying them.
June 24th, 2019 at 10:08:57 AM permalink
Evenbob
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 129
Posts: 17891
Superpower alert, blocking any thread
started by Nathan. Sooo satisfying..
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
June 24th, 2019 at 11:03:58 AM permalink
KNathan
Member since: Dec 9, 2018
Threads: 25
Posts: 311
Quote: Evenbob
Superpower alert, blocking any thread
started by Nathan. Sooo satisfying..


This Lottery Discussion Thread is a good thread. :)
June 24th, 2019 at 3:01:33 PM permalink
OnceDear
Member since: Nov 21, 2017
Threads: 7
Posts: 829
The lottery is, always has been and always will be a scam on the mathematically ignorant, and generally the poor.
It's a mugs game.
Fools play it.
Bigger fools promote it through posting their lottery posts, and even bigger fools read and react to those posts.
Fortunately there are too few gullible idiots on this forum to give the thread much traction.
Maybe one particular fool will keep bumping this thread until hell freezes over, until she finally wises up or until she's shown the exit door.
Maybe this thread should have been a poll or even a wager.
Thread and OP blocked. Please hold your breath while you wait for any follow up posts by me.
June 24th, 2019 at 5:27:34 PM permalink
KNathan
Member since: Dec 9, 2018
Threads: 25
Posts: 311
Quote: OnceDear
The lottery is, always has been and always will be a scam on the mathematically ignorant, and generally the poor.
It's a mugs game.
Fools play it.
Bigger fools promote it through posting their lottery posts, and even bigger fools read and react to those posts.
Fortunately there are too few gullible idiots on this forum to give the thread much traction.
Maybe one particular fool will keep bumping this thread until hell freezes over, until she finally wises up or until she's shown the exit door.
Maybe this thread should have been a poll or even a wager.
Thread and OP blocked. Please hold your breath while you wait for any follow up posts by me.


This is a good thread! I decided to create this thread since people were saying that The Florida Lottery Predictions were pissing them off. It was an alternative Compromise to my Florida Lottery Predictions thread.
June 25th, 2019 at 4:07:33 AM permalink
KNathan
Member since: Dec 9, 2018
Threads: 25
Posts: 311
So a woman won 4 million dollars before taxes. She got like $1,600,000 after taking the lump sum and taxes . Sad. Since when is taking out more than half of the winnings okay? :(
June 25th, 2019 at 5:09:29 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Member since: Oct 27, 2012
Threads: 55
Posts: 7090
Quote: KNathan
So a woman won 4 million dollars before taxes. She got like $1,600,000 after taking the lump sum and taxes . Sad. Since when is taking out more than half of the winnings okay? :(

Okay? Are you alleging that it is illegal? Immoral? Fattening?
Page 1 of 212>