Democratic debates

Page 4 of 70<1234567>Last »
June 27th, 2019 at 8:47:03 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Quote: SOOPOO
I was embarrassed for the Democrat party last night. I watched around half. I knew it was useless when they asked Beto if a 70% tax bracket was

Well, you can also gamble it will be one of the things that never get done, or end up differently as a compromise.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 27th, 2019 at 9:51:54 AM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
I've watched about half of it so far. I give the group credit for very little Trump bashing. However, nobody stood out as anybody I could support. Too much "top 1%" bashing and playing Santa Claus with promises of free giveaways. Warren moves way down to the bottom of my list with interrupting and speaking way over her allotted time. I respect people who respect the rules. She was also one of only two to raise his/her hand when asked the question "Do you support abolishing private insurance in favor of 'Medicare for all' only?" Nope. I think I would vote for Trump over her.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
June 27th, 2019 at 10:00:05 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: SOOPOO
Remember, I cannot vote for DJT because of his immaturity and what you and I would agree non presidential behaviors.

So for you, it's not what a president stands
for or accomplishes, you're still in High
School mentally and it's how a person
running for student body president
comports himself and parts his hair
that's important. Good grief..
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
June 27th, 2019 at 10:46:19 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Evenbob
So for you, it's not what a president stands
for or accomplishes, you're still in High
School mentally and it's how a person
running for student body president
comports himself and parts his hair
that's important. Good grief..

I so wish we could get beyond much of that. Too many candidates trying to look the same, afraid to stand out. Right down to suit and tie colors. It is like going car shopping and nothing but Camrys on the lot. Camry is a fine car, exciting it is not.
The President is a fink.
June 27th, 2019 at 10:54:20 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Castro really said that trans-women should be allowed to have access to abortions?

What the &%$&?

Is this how owned by the pro-abortion and gay lobby the Democrat Party has become? The same party who loves to say "believe in science!?"

One more thing you couldn't write if you tried.
The President is a fink.
June 27th, 2019 at 11:00:19 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: AZDuffman
I so wish we could get beyond much of that. Too many candidates trying to look the same,

Obama was 'cool', he was a cool
dude. An asshat as president,
couldn't talk without a prompter,
spent all his free time on the WH
bowling ally or shooting hoops, is
probably the most corrupt president
we've ever had (as we'll find out)
but he 'cool', and that's enough
to get the votes.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
June 27th, 2019 at 11:01:58 AM permalink
JimRockford
Threads: 2
Quote: AZDuffman
Castro really said that trans-women should be allowed to have access to abortions?

What the &%$&?

Is this how owned by the pro-abortion and gay lobby the Democrat Party has become? The same party who loves to say "believe in science!?"

One more thing you couldn't write if you tried.

I heard a comment on the radio the other day expressing sympathy for trans women of color in immigration detention. Does that check all the boxes?
The mind hungers for that on which it feeds.
June 27th, 2019 at 11:07:24 AM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
I like SOOPOO's comments. It is embarrassing for the Democratic party and their outlandish and out of touch views. Yet, no matter what Evenbob says the demeanor and attitude of the president means a lot. Why the Republicans cannot find a candidate that is not boorish and divisive is beyond me. I certainly couldn't vote for anyone on that stage yesterday but I don't think my conscience will allow me to vote for Trump either. I pray so much for our dear country, when will we find a level headed uniter who pursues the common sense solutions for the common good of all!
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
June 27th, 2019 at 11:23:08 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: FrGamble
I like SOOPOO's comments. It is embarrassing for the Democratic party and their outlandish and out of touch views. Yet, no matter what Evenbob says the demeanor and attitude of the president means a lot. Why the Republicans cannot find a candidate that is not boorish and divisive is beyond me. I certainly couldn't vote for anyone on that stage yesterday but I don't think my conscience will allow me to vote for Trump either. I pray so much for our dear country, when will we find a level headed uniter who pursues the common sense solutions for the common good of all!

I am reminded of a boss who once gave a presentation on "efficient vs. effective." It kind of fits here when you look at it. He talked about how some of his branches always had their paperwork in first and correct. But they were never tops where it counted, sales and profit.

Other branches were not great at getting in reports on time. But they made sales and profit goals. They got things done, even if the report that it was done was not on time.

John McCain was neither boorish nor divisive. And he was an awful candidate and an awful leader. Thing is, good leaders are divisive because they have a vision. Some people will not like that vision. As to boorish, George Patton was one of the best Generals in US History. But he was a total boor. Many other great leaders are the same.
The President is a fink.
June 27th, 2019 at 11:34:16 AM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
That is a great point AZ. However, isn't the president if the United States also in many ways our face to the world? There are many others who lead in the visionary way, we need someone to help us see the reasons for the vision, to inspire trust and confidence. We need boorish, visionary leaders desperately, but perhaps not living in the White House.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
Page 4 of 70<1234567>Last »