Boston information

Page 2 of 3<123>
April 15th, 2013 at 9:25:39 PM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
Quote: Face
We live in America. That footage, even though I was at work, is something I saw on TV at least 20 times looped over and over.... and over...

Doh! Of course. Sorry, I hardly watch TV these days...
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
April 15th, 2013 at 9:48:24 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Watching some of the late night news, it appears there is likely going to be plenty of video of the explosions from all different angles. Friends, family, of runners were taking video, plus other spectators taking videos when they went off.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 16th, 2013 at 11:05:01 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote:
Investigators believe the bombs at the Boston Marathon were shrapnel-studded pressure cookers, hidden in backpacks and set off by timers, law enforcement officials told NBC News on Tuesday.

Everyday kitchen pressure cooker in a backpack. Or rather, everyday kitchen pressure cooker, packed with explosives and metal sharpnel.

They're calling it low-pressure explosive, because it wasn't capable of killing with a shockwave alone.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/04/15/17767721-investigators-believe-boston-bombs-were-pressure-cookers-hidden-in-backpacks-officials-say?lite
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 16th, 2013 at 3:48:13 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: rxwine
They're calling it low-pressure explosive, because it wasn't capable of killing with a shockwave alone.

Unfortunately, that doesn't rule a whole lot of scenarios. I presumed that it wasn't someone working with military grade explosives since only 2 out of 4 devices detonated. Modern detonating systems do not normally fail to work completely.

The fact that it was an IED, also doesn't necessarily imply an amateur operation. Many people are familiar with IED's from military training.

The 2011 Spokane bombing attempt would have done a lot of damage had it blown.

I would think that there is a credible scenario that people carried the bombs to the site after the start of the race or even after the first finishers. With four devices, there would have been a lot of risk of a discovery before the race. You would expect most terrorist attacks to happen at the time of maximum damage which would have been when most of the VIP's were there. Four hours after the start you would expect only hard core running fans, and/or friends and relatives of the remaining runners.

I would say the single sociopath, or a sociopath with a following is the most likely culprit. Frankly, that terrorist is even more frightening than the foreign zealot.
April 16th, 2013 at 7:14:09 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: Pacomartin
I would think that there is a credible scenario that people carried the bombs to the site after the start of the race or even after the first finishers. With four devices, there would have been a lot of risk of a discovery before the race. think that there is a credible scenario that people carried the bombs to the site after the start of the race or even after the first finishers. With four devices, there would have been a lot of risk of a discovery before the race. You would expect most terrorist attacks to happen at the time of maximum damage which would have been when most of the VIP's were there. Four hours after the start you would expect only hard core running fans, and/or friends and relatives of the remaining runners.

Anyone who has done as much as pull a Halloween prank on a neighbor's doorstep (bag of lighted dog crap), knows the most uncontrollable part of the whole thing is the actual moment of transfer. A car with headlights could turn the corner, a neighbor could open their door nearby, dog could bark unexpectedly, or the worse, the neighbors door opens while the bag is being lighted.

I would imagine something in the transfer activity slowed up the process. "Hey, you forgot your bag." You don't want someone saying. Or someone talking directly to the bomber(s) who may give a description later.

It could have been a cellphone trigger, so any delay was a possible work-a-round.
April 16th, 2013 at 8:18:57 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Quote: rxwine
It could have been a cellphone trigger, so any delay was a possible work-a-round.

From watching cop shows, it seems to me that a cellphone trigger is much more easily traceable then a timer. But in both cases you do have to wonder about the objective. You would expect the maximum effect to be as the first finishers cross the line, not hours later. Which is why I am leaning towards the bombs being placed after the fact when the police's guard is down.

BTW: If I sound to clinical, I should note that the humane aspect of this story is devastating to me. It's easier to talk about the other aspects.
April 19th, 2013 at 7:34:41 AM permalink
rxwine
Putin! Chechen brothers! Iranian state sponsered terrorism! Texas plant pre-planned soft target, Foriegn agents planted years ago! Russia has done it before with spies. Russia favors Iran/Syria! Trained agents! Iran revenge nuclear bombs. Doubt it's N. korea related. Or maybe it is Islamic extremists lone wolfs.

... Woke up with all these thoughts, watching last nights events in Boston.
April 19th, 2013 at 9:40:15 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
>Islamic extremists lone wolfs

I'm thinking that.

Russia is at odds with Chechnya ... they wouldnt be in cahoots.

Somebody has to answer for bringing these guys into the country. Might as well let Pakistanis in unrestrictedly
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
April 19th, 2013 at 10:28:39 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Quote: odiousgambit
>Islamic extremists lone wolfs

You can see the boat in Google Maps
67 Franklin St. Watertown, MA 02472
April 21st, 2013 at 6:32:50 PM permalink
1nickelmiracle
Threads: 24
There are plenty of questions to be answered about this. Some would say this is merely staging for a future attempt of a government take-over. I am concerned over the lack of evidence and witnesses speaking about this whole situation. Just saying, you have to question evidence and not rely on merely what you are told to be true. If the major news organizations were independent of their owners, I wouldn't even feel the need to say something like this. You look at CISPA and FAA drones being passed without a peep from the media, and you have to question their integrity.
Page 2 of 3<123>