Songs that SHOW a story?

Page 1 of 41234>
July 14th, 2019 at 5:09:29 AM permalink
BlackjackPro
Threads: 3
There is a big difference between songs that merely tells a story and songs that really SHOW a story.

Mistral Wind by Heart really SHOWS a story. Mistral Wind is told by a Sailor on a ship) who starts off having a calm, smoith, easy night out in the ocean. The equivalent of the Lazy River in a Water Park if you will. Then the song gradually picks up just a little and Ann even mentions,"Awake at last," which is fitting. By the THIRD and FOURTH parts of Mistral Wind, Ann is now belting with raw power and emotion and the music is now full throttle(Ship reference)
Wow! What an amazing third and fourth part part they are. It has been mentioned that the powerful third and fourth parts are meant to emulate being in a ship that is in the middle of a raging storm, in an Ocean that is going crazy, and what an accurate quote! The fifth part is as calm as the first part, like a ship would be after the storm has passed. Misteal Wind makes you feel as if you are the sailor yourself! Wow! What a showing song!
July 14th, 2019 at 6:48:03 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Every time I hear the song Jack and Diane I visualize it.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
July 14th, 2019 at 8:15:56 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Mistral Wind
Jack and Diane
???
Ain't-- I have not ever heard of either, but I will hit up Youtube once I wake up.

Show a story????? Beyond me.
July 14th, 2019 at 10:19:39 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Quote: DRich
Every time I hear the song Jack and Diane I visualize it.

As with "99 bottles of beer on the wall"
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 14th, 2019 at 11:30:06 AM permalink
JimRockford
Threads: 2
Quote: BlackjackPro
There is a big difference between songs that merely tells a story and songs that really SHOW a story.

Mistral Wind by Heart really SHOWS a story. Mistral Wind is told by a Sailor on a ship) who starts off having a calm, smoith, easy night out in the ocean. The equivalent of the Lazy River in a Water Park if you will. Then the song gradually picks up just a little and Ann even mentions,"Awake at last," which is fitting. By the THIRD and FOURTH parts of Mistral Wind, Ann is now belting with raw power and emotion and the music is now full throttle(Ship reference)
Wow! What an amazing third and fourth part part they are. It has been mentioned that the powerful third and fourth parts are meant to emulate being in a ship that is in the middle of a raging storm, in an Ocean that is going crazy, and what an accurate quote! The fifth part is as calm as the first part, like a ship would be after the storm has passed. Misteal Wind makes you feel as if you are the sailor yourself! Wow! What a showing song!

You misspelled menstrual.
The mind hungers for that on which it feeds.
July 14th, 2019 at 12:08:37 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Fleastiff

Show a story????? Beyond me.

Beyond everybody, I have no idea
what this means or why anybody
would ask.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 14th, 2019 at 3:16:18 PM permalink
BlackjackPro
Threads: 3
Songs that TELL a story. 7 Rings. Ariana Grande goes on and on about the riches in her life. She's just TELLING you about her riches. You don't feel like you are rich yourself.

Mistral Wind. SHOWS a story. Ann makes you feel like you are a sailor yourself, in a Tempest filled Ocean. You feel like you are THERE.
July 14th, 2019 at 4:22:11 PM permalink
rxwine
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 14th, 2019 at 4:44:54 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: rxwine

Oh god, the 70's was full of this
type of music. Go over to the
girls house you're dating and
she has is this kind of schmaltzy
music. Shudder.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 14th, 2019 at 6:10:09 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: Evenbob

Oh god, the 70's was full of this
type of music. Go over to the
girls house you're dating and
she has is this kind of schmaltzy
music. Shudder.

This one always makes me feel like I'm right there.
https://youtu.be/LX0Ced3G5eg?t=14
Page 1 of 41234>