Japanese arson kills 33 people

Page 2 of 2<12
July 19th, 2019 at 1:30:46 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: kenarman
Most countries do have some school shootings the problem is not unique to the US.

Yea but its a regular thing here in the USA
The question is not will the USA have another mass school shooting because it will happen again. Guaranteed
The question is when will it happen next because its become common in this country but uncommon in the rest of the world
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
July 19th, 2019 at 2:49:01 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: terapined
The question is not will the USA have another mass school shooting because it will happen again. Guaranteed
The question is when will it happen next because its become common in this country but uncommon in the rest of the world

That of course can be said about any country, not if but when, and about most events you would like to name. The US doesn't lead the world in mass shootings per capita. CNN published their story based on a professors article who now refuses to release how he arrived at his numbers and to talk to news media or other experts about his "study".
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
July 19th, 2019 at 3:10:58 PM permalink
BlackjackPro
Threads: 3

I remember a guy saying something like,"I remember when mass school shootings were almost unheard of, and almost never happened,and I remembered being completely shocked and livid about them, but nowadays, it's become so commonplace that I have become desensitized, jaded, and indifferent to them." This is a huge problem what he us saying. No matter how many mass school shootings there have been in the U.S. alone, as of July 19, 2019, 6:10, mass school shootings should ALWAYS be shocking and make people livid! Innocent children are being killed! And innocent adults too, but it sucks much more for those kids and teens to suddenly be killed so young!
July 19th, 2019 at 3:16:12 PM permalink
terapined
That of course can be said about any country, not if but when, and about most events you would like to name. The US doesn't lead the world in mass shootings per capita. CNN published their story based on a professors article who now refuses to release how he arrived at his numbers and to talk to news media or other experts about his "study".

I was not talking about CNN or mass shootings in general. We have a problem in this country. Mass shootings at schools with children being massacred. Is there any country on the planet that have the amount of mass shootings involving school children on a regular basis that we have? Probabbly not
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
July 19th, 2019 at 5:08:24 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
I was not talking about CNN or mass shootings in general. We have a problem in this country. Mass shootings at schools with children being massacred. Is there any country on the planet that have the amount of mass shootings involving school children on a regular basis that we have? Probabbly not

It is a totally different situation but some of the fundamental Moslem countries that don't want their girls to go to school perform lots of terror in the schools to dissuade the girls from going to school. Could well be more common then the shootings in the schools in the US. Go reread my original post on the school shootings above. On a per capita basis Canada is not that far behind the US. This is nothing to be proud of for either country but Canada's gun laws are much stricter and have not solved the problem. What bothers me is that so many believe that getting rid of the guns is a solution to the problem and the facts don't back that up.

I don't own a gun and have no plans to get one. I just get upset that the liberals see making more and more rules about everything is the solution to all problems real or perceived. And now Elon Musk is developing chips that will read our minds. His motif appears good but does anyone think that governments won't use such technology to control the population?
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
July 19th, 2019 at 6:37:47 PM permalink
terapined
It is a totally different situation but some of the fundamental Moslem countries that don't want their girls to go to school perform lots of terror in the schools to dissuade the girls from going to school. Could well be more common then the shootings in the schools in the US.

Yes I have heard those types of stories
but
What we have here is completely different and in a way much more shocking
Its mostly students or just out of school, youngsters, rather then adults in your example that don't have massacre on their minds unlike the youngsters
I was in our school system in the 60's and 70's. A school shooting simply never crossed our minds.
Today we have active shooter drills.
What has changed in our country? Plenty of countries have plenty of guns, yet this seems a unique problem to the USA/Canada. Why

And now Elon Musk is developing chips that will read our minds. His motif appears good but does anyone think that governments won't use such technology to control the population?

I think that's a long way off. Still science fiction. Will we get there. I'm not sure. That would be a pretty big leap
Page 2 of 2<12