Time for me to admit to EVERY Alter Ego I have ever had.

Page 2 of 6<12345>Last »
July 26th, 2019 at 3:44:34 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Sonicboom
Oh please, spare me the sob story. You claim that Nathan has made your life miserable?
Well guess what? There are about 15-20 people on three other forums who claim that YOU have made their lives miserable.

A lot of people may believe that the Wizard is too lenient with Nathan, but in actuality many people also believe that he's been too lenient with YOU as a moderator. Sure you receive loads & loads of support from numerous members on WoV, but that's only because you nuke everyone who believes otherwise.

Have you ever wondered why YOU and only YOU are the only moderator who is disliked by half of the people who have visited WoV? Everyone loves the Wizard, everyone loves Face, everyone loves OnceDear, everyone loves Mission146, BUT the same can't be said about you.

Why is that? Why does everyone "pick on" poor Beachbumbabs? Is it because they're mean old bullies, or is there another reason?

Redietz had an excellent post that summed you up perfectly on VCT, which I'm sure you've already seen because I know you lurk there on the down low. Gordon888 also wrote an excellent post about you, which you ignored.

If you're looking for sympathy, I suggest you go back and vent to the many people who sniff your throne.

I'd offer odds that what we got here is another sock, but nobody here will take the other side so not going to bother.

Only person to keep the peace a shorter time is Jesse Pinkman.

Posted 30 mins before Walgreens opens........
The President is a fink.
July 26th, 2019 at 3:54:00 AM permalink
KNathan
Threads: 37
Quote: AZDuffman
I'd offer odds that what we got here is another sock, but nobody here will take the other side so not going to bother.

Only person to keep the peace a shorter time is Jesse Pinkman.

Posted 30 mins before Walgreens opens........

I don't have anymore Socks other than the ones I listed.
July 26th, 2019 at 6:12:48 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: KNathan
I don't have anymore Socks other than the ones I listed.

I thought that only young boys created sock puppets.
July 26th, 2019 at 6:32:52 AM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
I'm not suggesting anything or calling anyone out, but I am wondering whether anyone has studied the many types of strange behavior often associated with anonymous internet forums.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
July 26th, 2019 at 7:20:24 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: FrGamble
I'm not suggesting anything or calling anyone out, but I am wondering whether anyone has studied the many types of strange behavior often associated with anonymous internet forums.
Yes. Most such studies focus on the boorish behavior provided by anonymity . I don't know of any studies that have addressed such issues as BBB's unwavering dedication.
July 26th, 2019 at 7:29:21 AM permalink
Mosca
Threads: 22

Quote: Fleastiff
Yes. Most such studies focus on the boorish behavior provided by anonymity . I don't know of any studies that have addressed such issues as BBB's unwavering dedication.

Actually,

A Group Is Its Own Worst Enemy

The article is almost 15 years old, but it is still relevant. You can’t separate the software from the social.
July 26th, 2019 at 10:12:05 AM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Quote: ams288

I have no idea why she(?) is granted so much more leniency than every other member. It’s truly baffling.

I have to +1 this.

I don't care a lick about socks, so long as the alias is following the rules. I was encouraged to care due to the business dealings that some members have with each other, and have been trying to empathize with that situation. That attempt has sent me to no less that 3 other sites, caused me to engage with other people, tend multiple PMs, probably piss Babs off with my lack of responses, certainly caused strife with people angry at my inaction or inability...

Meanwhile I've gotten PMs that all socks must be insta-banned as (I assume) a result of a Buzz resurgence, when all that guy DID was beef with Miro for a week, and all he DOES is engage in regular ol conversation with no tomfoolery. Buzz is Kill on Sight, but Karen's got passes unlimited? Why does a Wattenburger opinion on KJ mean he's gone despite his value, while a Babs, OD, SOOPOO, AMS, etc opinion on Karen means squat despite her damage?

T'ain't worth getting my panties in a knot so I won't, but "baffled" is a solid word.
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
July 26th, 2019 at 10:33:58 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

Lived it since 1991. Seen all kinds of things. Seen a guy get banned then he took computer classes that required he be allowed access. Then he got the whole flipping BBS shut down, we had to migrate to a new one. Had people out of nowhere shake my hand for my posts, a lurker. Never underestimate the lurker factor.

Here's the thing, a good bit of the "strange behavior" is often anger or frustration. I suspect only a minority are dangerous in any way, but the stuff I read at work shows society is not as great as we think it is. FWIW I cannot imagine what you see in your vocation. My faith in humanity goes down all the time with the things I read.
The President is a fink.
July 29th, 2019 at 11:25:22 AM permalink
KNathan
Threads: 37
Sonic Boom is not a Sock of me, I promise! I honestly move that he or she be reinstated immediately since he or she is not one of my socks.
July 29th, 2019 at 1:36:20 PM permalink
OnceDear
Threads: 11
Quote: KNathan
Sonic Boom is not a Sock of me, I promise! I honestly move that he or she be reinstated immediately since he or she is not one of my socks.

Of course Sonic boom isn't you.
Yes. That's obvious. Almost as obvious as your unclaimed persona that is still badmouthing these forums elsewhere.
Yeah... Just keep one undeclared ID, with which to stir up more shit. Who'd have expected that.

As to moving for the reinstatement of a hostile 'new member'. Good luck with that. It wasn't nuked for being one of your sock. Quel surprise. This forum does not base all it's rules and topics on you.
Page 2 of 6<12345>Last »