Time for me to admit to EVERY Alter Ego I have ever had.

Page 4 of 6<123456>
July 30th, 2019 at 12:19:24 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Quote: KNathan
Quote: AZDuffman

Hey, that's The Bar None Sock Puppet! :D I haven't seen him in YEARS! :D

Whose tag line was “Everyone deserves a second chance.”

And maybe even more interesting

Bar None = bar no one
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 30th, 2019 at 1:05:00 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
Quote: odiousgambit
Quote: AZDuffman
FWIW I cannot imagine what you [FrGamble] see in your vocation. My faith in humanity goes down all the time with the things I read.
A question that will seem silly to many but is somewhat profound to me is "can a misanthrope be a religious person?" In particular, can such a person be a Christian? After all, the ultimate misanthrope is Satan himself. I'd like to hear what FrG would have to say about that, if he doesn't find it silly. Maybe it should be a new thread.

I should look up the word misanthrope before answering but if it is hypocrite or a disignenous person than the answer is a sad but resounding yes.

In answer to the question about my vocation. Let me say that I often get to see the very best of people. This usually is most clearly seen when they know of their brokenness but are still striving. This might be the definition of a saint. The resilence and persistence of people tonatrive to be better is so inspiring and ultimately maybe the only thing God asks of all of us. I am honored and priveleged to see this in my vocation all the time. I love it!
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
July 30th, 2019 at 1:07:40 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
Okay now that I know what a misanthrope is the answer is still a yes. St. Jerome was a famously gruff man who didn't seem to like people all that much but he worked at being better or avoiding folks when he could.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
July 30th, 2019 at 1:25:45 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Quote: odiousgambit
A question that will seem silly to many but is somewhat profound to me is "can a misanthrope be a religious person?" In particular, can such a person be a Christian? After all, the ultimate misanthrope is Satan himself. I'd like to hear what FrG would have to say about that, if he doesn't find it silly. Maybe it should be a new thread.

Seems to me Satan pioneered civil rights. Here's a dude with self awareness and realizes his splendor. He understands that his potential is greater than the task given him. And when addressing this imbalance he is, much like so many of us, put under the oppressive boot of the ruling class, has his name slandered eternal, and is blackbooked from the organization.

The Fall was a screw job!
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
July 30th, 2019 at 2:13:24 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Quote: Face
Seems to me Satan pioneered civil rights. Here's a dude with self awareness and realizes his splendor. He understands that his potential is greater than the task given him. And when addressing this imbalance he is, much like so many of us, put under the oppressive boot of the ruling class, has his name slandered eternal, and is blackbooked from the organization.

The Fall was a screw job!

Well you should read Mark Twain's "Letters to the Earth." as written by Satan.

Quote:
Man is the Reasoning Animal. Such is the claim. I think it is open to dispute. Indeed, my experiments have proven to me that he is the Unreasoning Animal... In truth, man is incurably foolish. Simple things which other animals easily learn, he is incapable of learning. Among my experiments was this. In an hour I taught a cat and a dog to be friends. I put them in a cage. In another hour I taught them to be friends with a rabbit. In the course of two days I was able to add a fox, a goose, a squirrel and some doves. Finally a monkey. They lived together in peace; even affectionately.

Next, in another cage I confined an Irish Catholic from Tipperary, and as soon as he seemed tame I added a Scotch Presbyterian from Aberdeen. Next a Turk from Constantinople; a Greek Christian from Crete; an Armenian; a Methodist from the wilds of Arkansas; a Buddhist from China; a Brahman from Benares. Finally, a Salvation Army Colonel from Wapping. Then I stayed away for two whole days. When I came back to note results, the cage of Higher Animals was all right, but in the other there was but a chaos of gory odds and ends of turbans and fezzes and plaids and bones and flesh--not a specimen left alive. These Reasoning Animals had disagreed on a theological detail and carried the matter to a Higher Court.”
¯ Mark Twain, Letters from the Earth: Uncensored Writings
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 30th, 2019 at 2:13:27 PM permalink
KNathan
Threads: 37
Oh, I loce puns and how fitting your puns are in this! :D
July 30th, 2019 at 3:27:11 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: rxwine
Well you should read Mark Twain's "Letters to the Earth." as written by Satan.
I wonder what the world would have lost if Mark Twain had not been cheated out of his one third interest in the Comstock load mine? or what .if H. H. Munro (Saki) had been hanged for being a road agent? Great literature hangs by a slender thread. nd sometimes so do men.
July 30th, 2019 at 3:35:30 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: FrGamble

In answer to the question about my vocation. Let me say that I often get to see the very best of people. This usually is most clearly seen when they know of their brokenness but are still striving. This might be the definition of a saint. The resilence and persistence of people tonatrive to be better is so inspiring and ultimately maybe the only thing God asks of all of us. I am honored and priveleged to see this in my vocation all the time. I love it!

Glad you can look on the bright side of things. Maybe the thing is what I see people are not trying to be better. Just dark stuff.
The President is a fink.
July 30th, 2019 at 6:13:52 PM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: FrGamble
Okay now that I know what a misanthrope is the answer is still a yes. St. Jerome was a famously gruff man who didn't seem to like people all that much but he worked at being better or avoiding folks when he could.
Thanks, I'll try to read up some on Jerome.

I run hot and cold on being a misanthrope, when it has its claws into me I do tend to take a Satanic view of the value of the human race.
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
August 5th, 2019 at 12:43:07 PM permalink
KNathan
Threads: 37
There are rumors of me being New Members who just happen to be sticking up for me. I have been warned that although I do have Amnesty for my Socks, another Sock or Socks will cause me to be irreversibly permanently banned from BOTH websites . Do you guys REALLY think that I would risk PERMENANT banning from BOTH WOV and DT? Think about how quickly my Sock, Blackjackpro was found out and banned after just a few posts. I'd have to be BEYOND STUPID to have another Sock/Socks knowing I'd be FOREVER NUKED.
Page 4 of 6<123456>