Wow! It can be SO easy for Cops to book innocent people! :O

July 27th, 2019 at 6:06:25 AM permalink
KNathan
Threads: 37
So, I kind of crossed a Moral Event line during some Mobile Murder Mystery Game. I had been playing for like two days in the real world and by the game was almost over, I felt fatigued(This Murder Game was rrally challenging, LOL, :D When it came to the last Suspect and the Investigation had deemed the rest innocent, I was asked if the Last Suspect's footprints looked like the killer's footprints. My mind clearly said,"The Last Suspect's footprints are clearly different than the killer's footprints." But I also thought,"The investigation deemed the other Suspects innocent and he's the ONLY Suspect left, I'm fatigued from this challenging game, so book him!" It didn't help that the last Suspect's alibi was one of the WORST Alibis ever, "I was in my home alone working out when the victim was murdered in the Alley.," admitting tnat you were WORKING OUT around the time someone was MURDERED is about one of the worst things to say. What's to stop Investigators from thinking you were WORKING OUT in order to get stronger in order to kill someone more easily? :/

I said "Yes, the Killer's footprints and the last Suspect's footprints match!(Although they were CLEARLY DIFFERENT footprints) I got the answer wrong and then even more clues came to light and the Investigator said something like,"One of the previously deemed innocent Suspects doesn't seem all that innocent anymore," and more investigation led to the REAL Killer (Who was deemed innocent before)confessing to the crime and being Convicted and imprisoned.

I couldn't help but feel more understanding to cops who book innocent people. I was willing to book someone I KNEW wasn't the Killer in a game after being fatigued and because he was the only Suspect left after two days. Now imagine Cops in the real world who have been investigating Murders for a lot longer than two days....Yikes. I had a nagging thought,"Had you been a real Cop you would have ruined an innocent person's life!" Yikes!
July 27th, 2019 at 7:37:30 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068

I watched a BBC series on Netflix called "In the Dark" (13 episodes) about a blind woman who tries to solve a murder. She makes some profound mistakes and a lot of people get hurt.
July 27th, 2019 at 10:19:46 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Pacomartin

I watched a BBC series on Netflix called "In the Dark" (13 episodes) about a blind woman who tries to solve a murder. She makes some profound mistakes and a lot of people get hurt.

So what was the point of the series.
Don't let blind people drive cars
or solve crimes?
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 27th, 2019 at 5:07:46 PM permalink
KNathan
Quote: Pacomartin

I read a fictional book where an innocent man almost went to Prison for a crime someone else did. The Police questioned 51 people. 50 people say that they all saw him at the scene of the crime. But one person, a blind woman claimed he was innocent because he smelled different from the Murderer. The 50 other people LAUGHED at her claiming she was full of crap for claiming he was innocent because he smelled different. Even the Cops were skeptical. It turns out, the innocent man had a TWIN who committed the Murder and the innocent person had nothing to do with it. The blind woman turned out to be right.

A Reviewer on this book said something like,"Oh, here we go with the cliche,"Bad twin does a crime, but innocent twin gets the blame, and it did seem a bit farfetched that the Heroine knew the guy was innocent by smellling different body odors, but I do like that they shed a little light on how blind people can help solve Crimes and how strong their sense of smell is to compensate for sightless vision."
July 27th, 2019 at 8:14:20 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
BLOCKED!!!
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 28th, 2019 at 5:25:34 AM permalink
KNathan
Quote: Evenbob
BLOCKED!!!

I'm real sick of your crap. The only reason I won't cuss you out is because of the Keep It PG Rule. The ONLY REASON!