Moral question? :/

Page 1 of 3123>
July 31st, 2019 at 4:33:17 PM permalink
KNathan
Threads: 37
I bought someone an unexpected gift card and I sent him the gift card information online but he hasn't used it yet in over a month. I even offered to give it to him hand to hand since I still have the physical gift card in my possession and he keeps making excuses as to why he doesn't just want to get it hand to hand and he sreaight up hasn't answered my latest question if he even wants it in the first place. Am I well into my rights to just use the gift card on myself then since he seems to be ignoring the card in the first place and making excuses to not get it hand to hand? :/
July 31st, 2019 at 8:33:31 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
BLOCKED!!!
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
August 1st, 2019 at 4:48:06 AM permalink
quadriga
Threads: 0
KNathan---If you're not talking in code and mean that question literally, the answer is, yes. It's an ethical question by the way.

EB----The point of blocking someone is not to see their posts. Which irony occurs when you follow that person around to proclaim that you're blocking her.
August 1st, 2019 at 6:34:07 AM permalink
KNathan
Quote: quadriga
KNathan---If you're not talking in code and mean that question literally, the answer is, yes. It's an ethical question by the way.

EB----The point of blocking someone is not to see their posts. Which irony occurs when you follow that person around to proclaim that you're blocking her.

Thank you for your support, Quadriga! :D EB is getting on my nerves too. I thought that Morals and Ethics were interchangeable. :/ And, the guy in question just sent me a text message telling me that I could keep the gift card and added that he appreciated the thought. :)
August 1st, 2019 at 7:18:32 AM permalink
Mosca
Threads: 22
Edit: Nah, never mind.
December 16th, 2019 at 3:53:45 PM permalink
KNathan
I have another moral question. I gave someone a food gift card code in a PM after I lost a Lottery Predictions pledge. He didn't ask for that gift card. I said something like,"Everyone who replied so far in this thread will get a gift card if I lose my Lottery Predictions. " He happened to be one of those Posters and I lost. This was almost 3 months ago and he not only NEVER read the gift card PM, he hadn't logged in since the week before I sent him the card code. I asked about his whereabouts and my serious question was answered with ridicule. I wonder if I should just use that food gift card on myself since he hasn't even logged in since the week before I lost that Lottery bet and when asked about his whereabouts, I got mocking answers. :/
December 16th, 2019 at 3:58:13 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: KNathan
I have another moral question. I gave someone a food gift card code in a PM after I lost a Lottery Predictions pledge. He didn't ask for that gift card. I said something like,"Everyone who replied so far in this thread will get a gift card if I lose my Lottery Predictions. " He happened to be one of those Posters and I lost. This was almost 3 months ago and he not only NEVER read the gift card PM, he hadn't logged in since the week before I sent him the card code. I asked about his whereabouts and my serious question was answered with ridicule. I wonder if I should just use that food gift card on myself since he hasn't even logged in in almost a week and when asked about his whereabouts, I got mocking answers. :/

Is it payment for a wager you lost?

If so, let it sit, you lost the money, it's up to them to claim it when they have a chance.

If you lost the bet you should consider the money gone regardless..... You should not be looking for loopholes to get it back....
December 16th, 2019 at 4:10:22 PM permalink
KNathan
Quote: Gandler
Is it payment for a wager you lost?

If so, let it sit, you lost the money, it's up to them to claim it when they have a chance.

If you lost the bet you should consider the money gone regardless..... You should not be looking for loopholes to get it back....

I edited the post to say that he hasn't logged in since a week before I sent the food gift card(That was almost three months ago). I thought about just using the gift card myself, but I know if he ever comes back, and actually reads that PM he'd have every right to be confused on why the gift card I sent him had been already "Eaten," LOL, I love puns! ;) On a serious note he could have me banned for theft/welching if I use up the food gift card, even though technically he didn't ask for it. I imagine a "Nathan sent me a $25 food gift card, and when I went to redeem it, it was already spent! WTF!" And a reply like,"I used it because you didn't log in for almost three months!" Will not be a good look for me and is actually grounds for a nuke.
December 16th, 2019 at 4:22:37 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: KNathan
I edited the post to say that he hasn't logged in since a week before I sent the food gift card(That was almost three months ago). I thought about just using the gift card myself, but I know if he ever comes back, and actually reads that PM he'd have every right to be confused on why the gift card I sent him had been already "Eaten," LOL, I love puns! ;) On a serious note he could have me banned for theft/welching if I use up the food gift card, even though technically he didn't ask for it. I imagine a "Nathan sent me a $25 food gift card, and when I went to redeem it, it was already spent! WTF!" And a reply like,"I used it because you didn't log in for almost three months!" Will not be a good look for me and is actually grounds for a nuke.

Sounds like pretty good arguments to not use it, just leave it and forget it.....
December 16th, 2019 at 5:02:10 PM permalink
KNathan
Quote: Gandler
Sounds like pretty good arguments to not use it, just leave it and forget it.....

I know it's best I leave it, it's just tempting since I am three days away from payday and could really use it.
Page 1 of 3123>