Moral question? :/

Page 2 of 3<123>
December 16th, 2019 at 5:02:16 PM permalink
KNathan
Threads: 37
Quote: Gandler
Sounds like pretty good arguments to not use it, just leave it and forget it.....

I know it's best I leave it, it's just tempting since I am three days away from payday and could really use it. Edit. It's actually been exactly 3 months since he last visited that website.
December 16th, 2019 at 5:21:17 PM permalink
OnceDear
Threads: 11
Quote: KNathan
I know it's best I leave it, it's just tempting since I am three days away from payday and could really use it.
Tough! You lost the wager. You settled the wager. The funds are not yours to spend. it is incidental that you have the ability to STEAL the funds back.

That you are tempted to steal that value reveals just how low your level of integrity is. You had a word for this in a previous thread.

If a neighbour lent you $25 and you paid that back by posting $25 through his letterbox in an envelope tied to a long piece of string, would you have any right to pull the envelope back just because that neighbour hadn't picked up the mail.

When you PM'd the person the gift card code you had no right to express any interest in that code. You should not even consider how much, if any has been spent. it's none of your business.

If you are broke, then ask yourself why you are broke, don't whinge about it.
December 16th, 2019 at 5:52:52 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Think BoJo will Brexit?
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
December 16th, 2019 at 6:01:33 PM permalink
OnceDear
Quote: petroglyph
Think BoJo will Brexit?
Off topic, thread hijack, but yes. He now has the parliamentary votes required to push through his deal. The turkeys voted for an early Christmas in our election.
December 16th, 2019 at 6:16:17 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: OnceDear
Off topic, thread hijack, but yes. He now has the parliamentary votes required to push through his deal. The turkeys voted for an early Christmas in our election.
When I posed the question, I was considering it in moral terms. Oh well.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
December 16th, 2019 at 6:18:07 PM permalink
OnceDear
Quote: petroglyph
When I posed the question, I was considering it in moral terms. Oh well.
Forgiven :)
December 16th, 2019 at 7:37:51 PM permalink
KNathan
Tough! You lost the wager. You settled the wager. The funds are not yours to spend. it is incidental that you have the ability to STEAL the funds back.

That you are tempted to steal that value reveals just how low your level of integrity is. You had a word for this in a previous thread.

If a neighbour lent you $25 and you paid that back by posting $25 through his letterbox in an envelope tied to a long piece of string, would you have any right to pull the envelope back just because that neighbour hadn't picked up the mail.

When you PM'd the person the gift card code you had no right to express any interest in that code. You should not even consider how much, if any has been spent. it's none of your business.

If you are broke, then ask yourself why you are broke, don't whinge about it.

I said I was tempted, to do it, not GOING to do it. I feel most people would find it tempting. I also pointed out the possible consequences if I did do it, risking permenant ban for theft. Not worth it. I officially am acknowledging that using up that gift card would be theft.
December 17th, 2019 at 2:31:24 AM permalink
OnceDear
I feel most people would find it tempting.
I feel that you are mistaken. Most people who settle their wagers do not consider stealing the funds back.

When you sent that gift card code, you relinquished all rights over it. That you are even checking if the recipient has opened the PM reveals that you are constantly tempted.

But then, do you really care what people think about you or your morals, so long as they think about you. Do you want our thanks and congratulations for not having already stolen the funds back? Or do you want someone to give you moral support in your 'opportunity theft'?
Well you don't get either from me.
December 17th, 2019 at 3:31:38 AM permalink
KNathan
I feel that you are mistaken. Most people who settle their wagers do not consider stealing the funds back.

When you sent that gift card code, you relinquished all rights over it. That you are even checking if the recipient has opened the PM reveals that you are constantly tempted.

But then, do you really care what people think about you or your morals, so long as they think about you. Do you want our thanks and congratulations for not having already stolen the funds back? Or do you want someone to give you moral support in your 'opportunity theft'?
Well you don't get either from me.

Hopefully, he eventually reads the PM and decides he doesn't want that food card and gives it back, especially since he didn't actually ask for it in the first place. ;) So, I'm not stealing it and still get it. ;)
December 17th, 2019 at 4:45:39 AM permalink
OnceDear

Hopefully, he eventually reads the PM and decides he doesn't want that food card and gives it back, especially since he didn't actually ask for it in the first place. ;) So, I'm not stealing it and still get it. ;)
Suggestion: Stop dwelling on past mistakes. You learned that buying attention with dumb free rolls was bad value. You're starting to learn that admitting to being a thief was dumb, ( though you still need to learn that it was the stealing that was wrong, not just admitting it)
You came here seeking moral guidance ( from we bunch of *******s ) Now take away the advice.... Unless you were just posting to get attention, which by the way is not one of your most endearing traits.
Or were you hoping someone would give you the green light to steal? Rhetorical question.
Page 2 of 3<123>