A warning to Even Bob.

Page 2 of 6<12345>Last »
August 2nd, 2019 at 4:53:11 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: KNathan
Can you not see how quickly annoying having someone reply to ALL my threads only to say BLOCKED is?

Can you not see how pointless and inane all the threads you create here are?
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
August 2nd, 2019 at 4:59:14 AM permalink
Mosca
Threads: 22
Can you not see how quickly annoying having someone reply to ALL my threads only to say BLOCKED is?

So you are threatening him for not accepting you.
August 2nd, 2019 at 5:46:57 AM permalink
KNathan
Threads: 37
Quote: Mosca
So you are threatening him for not accepting you.

It's more of a "Stop harassing me," plea than a threat.
August 2nd, 2019 at 6:20:16 AM permalink
Mosca
It's more of a "Stop harassing me," plea than a threat.

He isn’t harassing you. He isn’t directing any remarks at all to you. He is simply stating that he has blocked your topic.

Understand, I have nothing against you. And nothing particularly for EB. But you are right now In the position of having destroyed your own reputation and credibility, and subsequently complaining that someone doesn’t like you because of it.

You made your bed. Now lie in it.
August 2nd, 2019 at 6:27:45 AM permalink
OnceDear
Threads: 11
I can, Karen. I can also recall how long other members spent being annoying.
I don't think anyone would take issue with the idea that EvenBob is being a bit mischievous in the way he makes a rather pointed point of showing disdain for you and your threads. After all, he COULD block you without all those big bold posts. Some might construe that as trying to goad you into a reaction that might cost you your account. Luckily, you are a mature adult.
But then, you can block his posts just as easily and NOT rise to his apparent provocation.
You are discovering what it's like to see posts that irritate you and maybe get under your skin. Welcome to my world. Get over it. This is a forum that you are a member of. It's not your private space. You hold the same rights and obligations here as EvenBob (and others) do. If you try to lay down the law here by issuing threats, that will go down like a lead balloon.
Like all of us, you can like it, lump it, or leave.
August 2nd, 2019 at 6:29:32 AM permalink
KNathan
He isn’t harassing you. He isn’t directing any remarks at all to you. He is simply stating that he has blocked your topic.

Understand, I have nothing against you. And nothing particularly for EB. But you are right now In the position of having destroyed your own reputation and credibility, and subsequently complaining that someone doesn’t like you because of it.

You made your bed. Now lie in it.

He doesn't have to keep saying Blocked in every single thread I start. He can just block the threads without saying it.
August 2nd, 2019 at 6:44:46 AM permalink
Mosca
He doesn't have to keep saying Blocked in every single thread I start. He can just block the threads without saying it.

He is free do do what he wants, as long as he doesn’t break the rules. For example, he could use his posts to change the subject. You could start a topic about gift cards, and he could respond by asking if anyone knows the score of the Yankees-Twins game. Same thing.
August 2nd, 2019 at 8:08:01 AM permalink
KNathan
He is free do do what he wants, as long as he doesn’t break the rules. For example, he could use his posts to change the subject. You could start a topic about gift cards, and he could respond by asking if anyone knows the score of the Yankees-Twins game. Same thing.

Maybe you'd feel differently if someone was replying to all of your threads simply to write BLOCKED.
August 2nd, 2019 at 8:25:03 AM permalink
quadriga
Threads: 0
EB is following her around to write "BLOCKED" all caps and in giant size like a tall building.

Just writing in all caps is like yelling, and by amplifying it in monster size, it's considered screaming and being aggressive. He's also mocking her with the term blocked. By following her to do that repeatedly, his actions amount to harassment and bullying.

In my opinion, EB stepped on rule# 12:

No bullying/trolling: Members are expected to act like ladies and gentlemen. Members may not be overly divisive or abusive to another member. This includes starting a thread only the for purpose of attacking another member. (Added 2/24/2012). This also includes threats against another member. (added 9/3/12).
August 2nd, 2019 at 8:47:25 AM permalink
Mosca
Maybe you'd feel differently if someone was replying to all of your threads simply to write BLOCKED.

Naw. I’d just block that person. Remember that YOU can do that, too. You are not blocking him so that you can continue to complain. Block him and it goes away.
Page 2 of 6<12345>Last »