The Gay Thread

March 3rd, 2021 at 5:04:48 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: AZDuffman
If that is the case then you are agreeing it is a choice. Are you saying it is a choice?

Everything is a choice as far as actions you take. But, you cannot control who you are sexually attracted to.

If a man is straight married, has kids through straight sex, and claims to be straight I will take his word for it (and I really won't care one way or the other).... I really don't think its an issue... People who abuse people have larger issues that are not related to sexual orientation...... There are straight people and gay people who abuse people. Just like there are gay people and straight people who are bullies. One group is not more likely to engage in an adverse behavior than the other (well actually straight men are more slightly more likely to attempt to have sex with girls under 18 than gay men are to have attempt boys under 18 based on arrest rates, which yes is not the same as pedophilia, but is predator behavior)....

This is a common anti-gay slur that all male on male abuse is homosexuals activity and all male on female abuse is bisexuals (you never hear "straight abuse"):

"It is also noteworthy that, although Cameron assumed that the perpetrators of male-male molestations were all homosexual, he assumed that not all male-female molestations were committed by heterosexuals. He incorporated a "bisexual correction" into his data manipulations to increase further his estimate of the risk posed to children by homosexual/bisexual men. "
https://psychology.ucdavis.edu/rainbow/html/facts_molestation.html

When Rush did it he did it to make a point that people said what Bill Clinton said and did in the past did not matter because "he was younger then." So Rush correctly said he did not endorse Bill Clinton because "he was younger then" even if just a few hours. A case of him demonstrating absurdity by being absurd. It is an effective thing to do though people on the left just tend to deny what is happening.

I don't know anything about that, but I would have been way too young to follow politics or talk radio.

I just don't think its a good rule for people in power, "say what you mean and mean what you say", is a much better motto for public relations.
April 16th, 2021 at 6:48:24 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Defund Police Leader Busted For Child Sex Crimes

“The charges against Robert Emmanuel Jacob, who is openly gay and married as of 2019, include transportation of a child for lewd and lascivious acts, arranging a meeting for sexual purposes with a person believed to be underage, sexual penetration of a child under 16-years-old and harmful material sent with the intent to seduce a minor,” The Post Millennial reported.
The President is a fink.
April 16th, 2021 at 11:38:57 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146

And your point is.. The older gay men I know in California, their attitude was if the kid is over 14 he's fair game. They would spend tons of money on them, jewelry, clothes, drugs. Let them drive around town in these little sports cars when they were underage. Want to get a 15 year old kids attention, let him drive your Jaguar whenever he wants. He will worship you.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
April 16th, 2021 at 12:12:50 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Evenbob

And your point is.. The older gay men I know in California, their attitude was if the kid is over 14 he's fair game. They would spend tons of money on them, jewelry, clothes, drugs. Let them drive around town in these little sports cars when they were underage. Want to get a 15 year old kids attention, let him drive your Jaguar whenever he wants. He will worship you.

My point is it was not a straight guy who went after the kid.
The President is a fink.
April 16th, 2021 at 2:35:26 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146

My point is it was not a straight guy who went after the kid.

I know what your point was, that's why I said 'and your point is'.. Being Gay is a very much a youth worshipping cult. The biggest sin you can do as a Gay man is to get old. Nobody will want you, especially the young ones. They are really the only ones that count.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
April 16th, 2021 at 2:39:18 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Evenbob
I know what your point was, that's why I said 'and your point is'.. Being Gay is a very much a youth worshipping cult. The biggest sin you can do as a Gay man is to get old. Nobody will want you, especially the young ones. They are really the only ones that count.

Might have missed the satire, long week. I imagine the old ones with money or power get what they want. The Pat Pattersons of the world.
The President is a fink.
April 16th, 2021 at 3:17:13 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Defund Police Leader Busted For Child Sex Crimes

“The charges against Robert Emmanuel Jacob, who is openly gay and married as of 2019, include transportation of a child for lewd and lascivious acts, arranging a meeting for sexual purposes with a person believed to be underage, sexual penetration of a child under 16-years-old and harmful material sent with the intent to seduce a minor,” The Post Millennial reported.

Here is my unpopular take. The man was married to a man. He has some insane beliefs about the police, but that is not relevant here. (I honestly did not even know this man was gay until this story).

He had illegal relations with people under 18. Nobody is defending him. The difference is I don't think adults should have relations or marriages with people under 18. I have seen some posters here (I can't recall who so I am not going to speculate) say that as low as 16 should be legal (if the girl is 16 in a straight marriage). This man was arrested for being with a 16 year old, so anyway people can see where I am going with this. (reading further in the article I see some were as young as 14 now)

I personally think the marriage age should be raised, and no exceptions should be made, also the age of consent should be 18 period.

Though I will say its ironic how a mayor who wants to defund the police is arrested by the police for terrible crimes. However, the thing the right does not understand is consistency (which is no surprise when the least consistent man in the world is their hero). Abusing kids is terrible if a gay man does it or a straight man, nobody is going to defend him, the fact that this was posted in "The Gay Thread" is just bait to try to show that there are increased abuses in the gay community.

On an off topic point it would not surprise me if he turns this into some publicity stunt and claims that local police are forging evidence to get back at him.
April 16th, 2021 at 3:49:11 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Gandler

Though I will say its ironic how a mayor who wants to defund the police is arrested by the police for terrible crimes.

I think the problem is training.
It dont take much to be a cop and most dont even know the law
That and not weeding out the incompetents.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
April 17th, 2021 at 8:36:36 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: Gandler

I personally think the marriage age should be raised, and no exceptions should be made, also the age of consent should be 18 period.

Just curious, why is 18 the proper age? Why not 17, 19, 20, or 21? How different is a person at 17 years 364 days as opposed to 18 years?

To me, it should be about maturity. We just need some sort of a test to give all people before they marry.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
April 17th, 2021 at 9:22:18 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: DRich
How different is a person at 17 years 364 days as opposed to 18 years?

Difference is about 5 years in the can and a sex offender tag on you the rest of your life.
The President is a fink.