The Gay Thread

July 28th, 2021 at 3:38:52 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: AZDuffman
Except there kind of is. Higher rates of depression and suicide. Higher rates of drug use. Higher rates of group and anonymous sex. Bathhouses and cruising for partners. Abuse of young males.

As to "saying gays are perfect" check out what happens if a gay is shown in a negative way on TV or in a movie. The gay movement will try to destroy those involved. Same as they try to destroy anyone who does not fall in line with their worldview.

Or for that matter, look how the upset the homophiles on this board get when a news story showing a gay in a negative way is posted!

Higher rates of drug use and suicide? I don't know, I'll take your word for it, sounds plausible because of the below.

Higher rates of depression? Does not surprise me, imagine if you had to live a large portion of your life (until very recently) in total secrecy or else you could be fired for being with who you wanted to be with.... It would be strange if this did not cause people to be depressed (most people don't like to have to constantly lie and cover every personal detail....) Until very recently (literally 2020) you could be legally discriminated against for being gay. Until somewhat recently (2011) you could be imprisoned if you were in the military and openly gay. Until very recently (2015), there was not a right to marriage. So yes, until a year (a year and a month technically), many people still had to live in the shadows depending on their State (many States did not protect LGBTQ+) depending on where they worked (including some gov jobs in some States).... Have you ever had a big secret that for whatever reason you had to hide from some people in your life, which obviously involves lying and deception? Its eats you up. Now imagine that 50% of your life you have to constantly hide from a majority of the people in your life....

In any case nobody is saying that gay people are perfect. Nobody wants gay people to be perfect. We want equality for all. That means some people will do scummy things, and pay the price for it, but they did not do the scummy things "because they are gay"...... It is something that should be as much of a nonissue as skin color (which should be as much of a nonissue as hair color, etc....)
July 28th, 2021 at 4:11:15 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: AZDuffman
Supposedly meth gave the German soldiers the energy they needed to overrun most of Europe. I don't get it. Decriminalization if not legalization is coming to the USA. Expect the country to become drug-riddled like the late 1800s to early 1900s. Like China when they were hooked on Opium. Enjoy the decline.

In 1900 people were hooked on opioids from Toddlers to Granny's and everybody in between. Opioids we're in cough medicine oh, cough syrup, cough drops, all kinds of potions for arthritis and rheumatism. People would give it to the two-year-old so he would stop coughing at night and then he was hooked. Granny would take it for aches and pains and she would be hooked. Then there were the people who took it just to get hooked. We are headed in that direction again. Look at places like Oregon where every kind of drug is legal now. The new cottage industry in Oregon is rehab centers. I know somebody who's running one it is overflowing with customers.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 28th, 2021 at 4:50:22 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Not "legal:" "decriminalized."

Still a felony to be a heroin dealer, but not a user of a small quantity of hard drugs.

Why fill up prisons with junkies?

You talk about opioids back in the day: true, but there was also a helluva lot of products laced with cocaine, INCLUDING COCA-COLA.
July 28th, 2021 at 5:27:48 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: missedhervee

You talk about opioids back in the day: true, but there was also a helluva lot of products laced with cocaine, INCLUDING COCA-COLA.

The coke recipe still uses extract from a coca leaf, the same leaf they get cocaine from. I believe Coca-Cola is the only company legally allowed to import them.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 28th, 2021 at 6:45:14 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
How would you know that?

The recipe for Coca-Cola is not publicly known, indeed it's zealously guarded.

I doubt that even Peter Graves and Martin Landau of the IMF could pilfer it from its Atlanta lair.
July 28th, 2021 at 8:33:06 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: missedhervee
How would you know that?

It was on the History Channel show last year about the history of the food industry. They said Coca-Cola was the only company in the United States legally allowed to import coca leaves. Just because the recipe is guarded doesn't mean they don't know half the ingredients. Actually they know all the ingredients we just don't know the process about how the ingredients are combined. Same with Colonel Sanders. Simple lab analysis will tell you all the ingredients in their chicken coating but it won't tell you the process for combining them. I can tell you all the ingredients in the cake I just made but if I don't tell you the measurements and the steps combining them you won't be able to duplicate my cake.
July 29th, 2021 at 2:50:51 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Evenbob
It was on the History Channel show last year about the history of the food industry. They said Coca-Cola was the only company in the United States legally allowed to import coca leaves. Just because the recipe is guarded doesn't mean they don't know half the ingredients. Actually they know all the ingredients we just don't know the process about how the ingredients are combined. Same with Colonel Sanders. Simple lab analysis will tell you all the ingredients in their chicken coating but it won't tell you the process for combining them. I can tell you all the ingredients in the cake I just made but if I don't tell you the measurements and the steps combining them you won't be able to duplicate my cake.

Don't buy into all that. A good chef can easily replicate KFC. You will not be able to make it at home because you do not have a pressure fryer. If a competitor put it out it would not matter because they do not have the marketing of KFC. "Tastes just like the other guy" is not a way to market a business.

The Coca-Cola formula is equally all about marketing. During the New Coke fiasco Pepsi developed a formula that had near the same taste and they were going to call it "Savannah Classic Cola." Old Coke came back so Pepsi had no market for it. The thing about the two men who know the formula not traveling together is equally nonsense. All corporations have a thing about key-employees have to use different planes. I once had to tell a supervisor that I should not have all the wi-fi hotspots but she should have 3 different people with them. The same reason, business continuity.
The President is a fink.
July 30th, 2021 at 5:20:29 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 30th, 2021 at 5:40:03 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: rxwine

Without watching the video let me guess. He's against it.
July 30th, 2021 at 6:49:47 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Evenbob
Quote: rxwine

Without watching the video let me guess. He's against it.

Only an insane psychopath would be for it.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman