The Gay Thread

August 29th, 2021 at 5:12:14 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
I think the most valuable award is where they also drop slime on the actor,
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 11th, 2021 at 9:17:19 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
“DC has confirmed that Jon Kent, Earth's new Superman and the son of Clark Kent and Lois Lane, is bisexual, as advance art of Superman: Son of Kal-El #5 sees him share a kiss with new love interest Jay Nakamura.”

Can’t wait to watch idiots online lose their minds over a fictional comic book character.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
October 11th, 2021 at 9:27:15 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Yeah, I don't care about fake superheroes or real people and their choice of sexual preference.

I won't watch this movie simply because I don't like the superhero movies overall.
October 11th, 2021 at 9:29:08 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
As somebody who does not care about comic books (I can honestly say I have never read one even as a young kid), I still see this as progress because I know a lot of people do read them.

I guarantee people who don't care about comics at all will be outraged by this. My equivalent would be if Superman came out as a Christian, I would not like it in principle, but I would not care at all (or even notice, he may techically be one I have no idea)....

On a side note, I had no idea Superman had a son (I have never even heard that).

I just don't understand the rampant disgust people have of media depicting relationships, when straight relationships are crammed down our throat in basically every movie and show ever made. But, if there is one character who is identified as not straight (nothing even shown as far as sex or relations just mentioned or hinted at), everyone loses their minds....
October 11th, 2021 at 10:10:43 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Gandler

I just don't understand the rampant disgust people have of media depicting relationships, when straight relationships are crammed down our throat in basically every movie and show ever made. But, if there is one character who is identified as not straight (nothing even shown as far as sex or relations just mentioned or hinted at), everyone loses their minds....

Simple. Straight relationships are normal and we see them everyday. Gays in storylines are crammed down our throats because the gay lobby wants them there for whatever reason. Here is a news flash. Most straight people do not want to see gays every time we turn around. Other than gay males I cannot think of who likes to see two gay guys getting it on.
The President is a fink.
October 11th, 2021 at 10:50:01 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: AZDuffman
Simple. Straight relationships are normal and we see them everyday. Gays in storylines are crammed down our throats because the gay lobby wants them there for whatever reason. Here is a news flash. Most straight people do not want to see gays every time we turn around. Other than gay males I cannot think of who likes to see two gay guys getting it on.

I personally don't like sex scenes in movies at all, I think they are usually for cheap either shock value or gratification value. Unless it is absolutely crucial to the movie or story (rare) in some way I find most sex scenes crammed in. I find it much more evocative when it is hinted at or implied. (Same reason I don't like blackflashes, we don't need to see a segment on whoever's childhood, cheap storytelling IMO, it should be explained through character development).

All of that being said. I think I can count on one hand the number of sex scenes involving two males on film and TV (and that is not am exageration). Most of the gay characters that the right flip out over don't even have a sex scene (often not even a kiss), but are offended just by the fact that they exist as a gay man.

I bet you can't name one gay male sex scene in a movie outside of Brokeback Mountain off of your head -No Google- (which you probably didn't actually watch).... They are exceedingly rare. Straight sex scenes are common.
October 11th, 2021 at 11:22:49 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
I personally don't like sex scenes in movies at all, I think they are usually for cheap either shock value or gratification value. Unless it is absolutely crucial to the movie or story (rare) in some way I find most sex scenes crammed in. I find it much more evocative when it is hinted at or implied. (Same reason I don't like blackflashes, we don't need to see a segment on whoever's childhood, cheap storytelling IMO, it should be explained through character development).

All of that being said. I think I can count on one hand the number of sex scenes involving two males on film and TV (and that is not am exageration). Most of the gay characters that the right flip out over don't even have a sex scene (often not even a kiss), but are offended just by the fact that they exist as a gay man.

I bet you can't name one gay male sex scene in a movie outside of Brokeback Mountain off of your head -No Google- (which you probably didn't actually watch).... They are exceedingly rare. Straight sex scenes are common.

They are rare because people do not want to see them. I can’t name any because I avoid such movi s and shows.
The President is a fink.
October 11th, 2021 at 11:29:03 AM permalink
gamerfreak
Threads: 4

Does male on male rape count? I can probably count that on two hands without Google. Some damn great movies too, like Deliverence and Shawshank Redemption.

Not everything in a movie is supposed to make the audience feel warm and comfortable.
October 11th, 2021 at 12:24:17 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Society and its norms is changing, like it or not.

Oh sure, you can whine and bark at the moon about how wrong it is but this ain't the era of Ozzie and Harriet any more.

Wake up and smell the increasing freedom to be free of unnecessary societal constraints as to one's personal identity.

*golf clap*

BTW, if this really bothers you then you've got a problem accepting change; now might be the time to finally build that bunker and fill it with ammo and issues old Penthouse.
October 11th, 2021 at 12:32:30 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14

You obviously aren't watching much TV. The evening drama series this year have multiple gay sex scenes in every episode.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin