The Gay Thread

August 25th, 2019 at 9:32:41 AM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: rxwine
Wiccans are often afraid to wear things like pentagrams for fear of being fired. Thus they often stay in the broom closet.

*snort*

As long as I'm here, let me get caught-up with the latest acronyms. I see that a Q has been added to LGBT and it is now LGBTQ. Here are my questions?

L. I get that one.
G. I know that "gay" can apply to men, but can it apply to women too? If the answer is yes, isn't the L in the acronym redundant?
B. I get that one.
T. My question here is how far do you have to go under the knife to be officially trans-gendered? Also, can a hermaphrodite who changes his/her appearance one way to the other be called trans-gendered?
Q. This is my biggest question. How is this different from the L and G?
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
August 25th, 2019 at 10:00:41 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Wizard

T. My question here is how far do you have to go under the knife to be officially trans-gendered?

Not at all is the answer. Just saying
it is enough.

trans·gen·der
/transˈjendər,tranzˈjendər/

denoting or relating to a person whose sense of personal identity and gender does not correspond with their birth sex.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
August 25th, 2019 at 10:21:41 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Wizard
Wiccans are often afraid to wear things like pentagrams for fear of being fired. Thus they often stay in the broom closet.

*snort*

As long as I'm here, let me get caught-up with the latest acronyms. I see that a Q has been added to LGBT and it is now LGBTQ. Here are my questions?

L. I get that one.
G. I know that "gay" can apply to men, but can it apply to women too? If the answer is yes, isn't the L in the acronym redundant?
B. I get that one.
T. My question here is how far do you have to go under the knife to be officially trans-gendered? Also, can a hermaphrodite who changes his/her appearance one way to the other be called trans-gendered?
Q. This is my biggest question. How is this different from the L and G?

B. Sooner or later they get rid of that one as it proves there are only 2 genders

Q. I do not see how the have this one as it indicated it is a choice since “born this way” would not have to question.

All I have to say. I’m sitting in a sports book waiting for poker to start. If beer and wings were free it would be proof there is a heaven. (No disrespect meant FrG)
The President is a fink.
August 25th, 2019 at 12:18:09 PM permalink
Evenbob
Why are the Lesbians we see on
TV so drastically different from
ones we see in real life. The ones
on TV are not only in shape and
attractive, some are gorgeous.

Never seen that. All I see is the
polar opposite of that, and
without makeup. Is TV trying
to sell us a lie? Trying to tidy
up the Lesbian image? Is
anybody buying it.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
August 25th, 2019 at 12:39:39 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Evenbob
Why are the Lesbians we see on
TV so drastically different from
ones we see in real life. The ones
on TV are not only in shape and
attractive, some are gorgeous.

Never seen that. All I see is the
polar opposite of that, and
without makeup. Is TV trying
to sell us a lie? Trying to tidy
up the Lesbian image? Is
anybody buying it.

Even you should be able to answer why TV often has attractive characters.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 25th, 2019 at 1:06:25 PM permalink
Evenbob
Even you should be able to answer why TV often has attractive characters.

But is anybody buying it. That Lesbians
are 99% super attractive young women
with bodies fit for Victoria's Secret. Just
saw an old ep of Last Man Standing and
the Lesbian couple next door, one of
them looked like a super model. Gay
men I can understand, tons of them are
hugely good looking. But it's the opposite
with Lesbians.
August 25th, 2019 at 2:08:24 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
But is anybody buying it. That Lesbians
are 99% super attractive young women
with bodies fit for Victoria's Secret. Just
saw an old ep of Last Man Standing and
the Lesbian couple next door, one of
them looked like a super model. Gay
men I can understand, tons of them are
hugely good looking. But it's the opposite
with Lesbians.

I mean, its really not a secret that film/TV portrays almost everyone as attractive.....

Some women that are bi are pretty attractive (in my real life experience). and tend to be pretty well-rounded and open-minded (maybe because they want to appeal to everyone).

And, I have met some attractive lesbians, but I will concur that lesbians seem more interested in disregarding femininity and not taking care of themselves ( terms like "butch" etc....) This is vast speculation on my part, but I suspect it is a psychological thing about wanting to be more masculine (especially for the part of couple that tends to take the male role, sometimes I meet female couples where one is super attractive and one virtually looks like a man).

The opposite is true with gay men. Sure there are a percentage that are flamboyant, dress crazy, etc.... But, gay men are far more likely to embrace masculinity (work out, be into sports, be fit, embrace socially alpha personalities, etc.....) There are many gay men who most people would think would be super straight babe magnetics because they are so tough and rugged, attractive, etc.....

Of course both of those descriptions are generalizations and there are exceptions to everything, but I will agree that gay men seem to be more attractive and masculine (often more than most straight men), and gay women/lesbians seem to go out of their way to be unattractive (part of it may also be to discourage men from hitting on them, but I don't see how other gay women would find them attractive....).
August 25th, 2019 at 2:10:41 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Youth, health and physical fitness have always been an attraction. Just like the rest of the animal kingdom, there is a bracket in each animals existence when they are most fit to procreate. Sick fat and old doesn't breed in any species. Or the act of breeding.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
August 25th, 2019 at 2:12:56 PM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Gay men I can understand, tons of them are
hugely good looking.

Not sure about that. I don't think anyone considers these freaks good looking.

But it's the opposite
with Lesbians.

Agreed. Most of them are butch and ugly.
August 25th, 2019 at 2:19:17 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: Gandler
...Of course both of those descriptions are generalizations and there are exceptions to everything, but I will agree that gay men seem to be more attractive and masculine (often more than most straight men), and gay women/lesbians seem to go out of their way to be unattractive (part of it may also be to discourage men from hitting on them, but I don't see how other gay women would find them attractive....).
Just because a woman is homosexual doesn't mean they aren't still women mentally. The part of a female other than the sexual part, the human part. They still want their partner to fulfill the role that a man would carry out historically of provider and protector.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW