The Gay Thread

Page 3 of 157<123456>Last »
August 15th, 2019 at 12:01:20 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
Quote: ams288
This is nonsense. The “left” is fine with people living this lifestyle.

What isn’t okay is when people who choose to live the “Christian lifestyle” try to force others to live the exact same way. Feel free to live your life based on a fairy tale, just don’t expect everyone else to want to!

I feel like this post betrays you. "Feel free to live your life based on a fairy tale". That is insulting. What would you say when people try to force Christians to believe that Holy Matrimony can be between two people of the same sex or that transgenderism is perfectly normal. I'm okay with discussion and not forcing anyone to live the exact same way. However, it seems like a one way street. I'm not the one forcing others to believe and live the exact same way I do but I sure do feel a lot of pressure to think and act like the left desires me to.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
August 15th, 2019 at 12:15:00 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: FrGamble
I feel like this post betrays you. "Feel free to live your life based on a fairy tale". That is insulting. What would you say when people try to force Christians to believe that Holy Matrimony can be between two people of the same sex or that transgenderism is perfectly normal. I'm okay with discussion and not forcing anyone to live the exact same way. However, it seems like a one way street. I'm not the one forcing others to believe and live the exact same way I do but I sure do feel a lot of pressure to think and act like the left desires me to.

I have no thoughts at all on what does or does not constitute "holy matrimony."

If we are discussing marriage, which is signified by a piece of paper that can be obtained at city hall or some other government office, then religion doesn't come into play for me.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
August 15th, 2019 at 12:24:17 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
To. Compare, gays don’t care if heterosexuals get married. How is that equivalent to what you propose or did propose for them?
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 15th, 2019 at 12:30:32 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: FrGamble
I feel like this post betrays you. "Feel free to live your life based on a fairy tale". That is insulting. .

On the flip side when I tell deeply religious people I am an atheist, they act like there is something wrong with me. I get the entire spectrum of response , of I'm praying for you (I'm fine. I don't want anybody praying for me. Nothing wrong with me) to your going to hell (hell does not exist but that's a terrible thing for a Christian to say to somebody)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
August 15th, 2019 at 12:33:13 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: Shrek
I totally agree, EvenBob.

Also I don't understand why the left keeps saying "We need to have a dialogue!" about race, gender, sexual preference, etc.
However, whenever we do try to have a good faith dialogue, they shout us down and scream at the top of their lungs "BIGOT!!! BIGOT!!! BIGOT!!! BIGOT!!! BIGOT!!!"

I'll never understand the left.

" I've never
ever had a another man tell
me, hey, I like to have sex with
women."

You must not go drinking with many men? Sex is a pretty common conversation topic for many groups of friends....

I would also bet that you interact with hundreds of gay men who you do not know they are gay, because in business or day to day encounters they do not make "gayness your issue too"..... (And most gay and bi men are just like any other man, the media likes to portray an exaggerated flamboyant stereotype).

I never call anyone a bigot. I enjoy what I enjoy and let people enjoy what they enjoy.

But, what good faith dialogue is there to have? The only issue (unless you want to go back to outlawing gay sex), is if gay marriage should be legal or not? There is no logical reason to be against it (more families= more stability, and gay marriage allows more families).
August 15th, 2019 at 12:36:45 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Gandler
" I've never
women."

You must not go drinking with many men?

What I meant was, I've never had
a man tell me in the first 5 min of
knowing him that he lives the
hetero lifestyle. I've only ever
heard Gays announce their sexual
preference. Why is that? Because
it seems to define their whole
existence, while being straight
does not define a hetero's.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
August 15th, 2019 at 12:39:18 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
" I've never
women."

You must not go drinking with many men? Sex is a pretty common conversation topic for many groups of friends....

Absolutely
Pretty typical bar conversation. Guy comes over to a group of friends at a bar. "You guys talking about p**sy.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
August 15th, 2019 at 12:40:24 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: Evenbob
What I meant was, I've never had
a man tell me in the first 5 min of
knowing him that he lives the
hetero lifestyle. I've only ever
heard Gays announce their sexual
preference. Why is that? Because
it seems to define their whole
existence, while being straight
does not define a hetero's.

I don't know many gay people who let their sexuality define their whole existence (there certainly are some that use it as a major public talking point), but in real life no, anyone who makes their sexuality a main part of their existence probably has a boring life.

Honestly how many people come up to you and within 5 minutes of meeting you "announce" they are gay? Unless you are meeting people through online dating apps, I would imagine very few....
August 15th, 2019 at 1:19:09 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
onestly how many people come up to you and within 5 minutes of meeting you "announce" they are gay?

They don't scream I'm GAY, but
the let you know they are very
quickly. If you haven't noticed
this, you aren't paying attention.

When I lived it Calif, the Gay
men I knew, being Gay and getting
laid was their whole existence.
It's just about all they talked about
with each other.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
August 15th, 2019 at 1:24:12 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: terapined
Absolutely
Pretty typical bar conversation. Guy comes over to a group of friends at a bar. "You guys talking about p**sy.
I think it's more like [of young fella's of that age], a guy comes over and says, "hey, what are you p**sy's talking about"?
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
Page 3 of 157<123456>Last »