The Gay Thread

September 10th, 2019 at 12:46:22 PM permalink
gamerfreak
Threads: 4
Quote: AZDuffman
Per gay marriage supporters if they do it is bigoted, so ask them.

See above reply. Marriage was male/female for eternity and for sensible reasons. Marrying someone of the same sex was simply outside of what marriage was, until the definition was changed. A sad day in history.

I was always for the right of gays to marry, as long as it was the opposite sex. But by your standard government cannot put any restrictions on marriage, including age.

You aren’t explaining how that does not constitute big government.

You’re of the opinion that government should set the definitions of how you live your life when it comes to marriage. If you just want to come out and say you support big government, all of this will make more sense. But I am confused because conservatives generally preach small government.
September 10th, 2019 at 12:57:22 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: gamerfreak
You aren’t explaining how that does not constitute big government.

You’re of the opinion that government should set the definitions of how you live your life when it comes to marriage. If you just want to come out and say you support big government, all of this will make more sense. But I am confused because conservatives generally preach small government.

Because marriage being one man and one woman was never "big government." It was nature. It was common sense.

A better example of "Big Government" is a law telling a baker he has to make cakes for bigots who cannot stand that he does not want to make a cake with a message he disagrees with. Or telling a Christian college student group they must admit atheists. Or making laws with special protections for gays.
The President is a fink.
September 10th, 2019 at 12:59:54 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Evenbob
I remember an ep of Sex in the City
20 years ago when Charlotte was
hanging around a group of Gay
women. They were all beautiful,
slender, educated, outgoing, fun,
personable, rich. In other words the
opposite of what a real group
of Gay women looks like.

They kicked her out after she
refused to do any Gay sex with
them. Sure was a nice looking
bunch of actresses playing
Lesbians, though.

You sat thru an entire episode? I can only imaging the plot device to get her to hang with a bunch of gay women.
The President is a fink.
September 10th, 2019 at 1:06:28 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
You sat thru an entire episode? I can only imaging the plot device to get her to hang with a bunch of gay women.

I loved that show, have it on DVD.
The plot was her regular friends
were boring her and the Gay women
were always going to galleries and
museums and drinking wine and
going to B&B's in the Catskills. She
loved all of it except the sex part.

You can learn a lot about women
from that show, and none of it's
good.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
September 10th, 2019 at 1:41:16 PM permalink
gamerfreak
Threads: 4
Because marriage being one man and one woman was never "big government." It was nature. It was common sense.

A better example of "Big Government" is a law telling a baker he has to make cakes for bigots who cannot stand that he does not want to make a cake with a message he disagrees with. Or telling a Christian college student group they must admit atheists. Or making laws with special protections for gays.

So because something is deemed natural, that gives the government the right to make laws compelling people to live a “natural” lifestyle?

Do you support laws that prohibit sodomy or oral sex?
September 10th, 2019 at 1:48:43 PM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6

This is one of my pet peeves about libbies. Conservatives believe in limited government, but libbies argue as if we believe in zero government. Then if we support any type of government action, they scream "Big government! Big government! Big government! I thought you hated big government?!" It's so dishonest man. 😒😒

In this case LIBBIES are the ones who wanted big government (as usual). Marriage licenses were handled by the states, but then libbies threw a temper tantrum becuase marriage wasn't defined the way THEY wanted it. So they got the federal government involved since they kept losing at the state level. Just like they did with abortion! 🙄
September 10th, 2019 at 1:58:10 PM permalink
AZDuffman
So because something is deemed natural, that gives the government the right to make laws compelling people to live a “natural” lifestyle?

There was no "law" on marriage. It just was. Like making a law saying grass has to be green. No sane person thought otherwise.

Quote:
Do you support laws that prohibit sodomy or oral sex?

Never cared if there were or were not. Though if you support banning guns to save lives you should support such laws to save lives by preventing AIDS and other disease spreading.
The President is a fink.
September 10th, 2019 at 2:00:36 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Evenbob
I loved that show, have it on DVD.
The plot was her regular friends
were boring her and the Gay women
were always going to galleries and
museums and drinking wine and
going to B&B's in the Catskills. She
loved all of it except the sex part.

You can learn a lot about women
from that show, and none of it's
good.

I never watched more than when I tuned in early for "The Sopranos." From what I saw, the show makes me glad to be single. As to the plot, really cannot imagine gay women acting that way. Most seem to spend their lives mad at the world.
The President is a fink.
September 10th, 2019 at 2:17:54 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
As to the plot, really cannot imagine gay women acting that way.

And none of them were in the
least overweight and unattractive.
They were all gorgeous super
model types, just like Gay women
in real life.
The four main characters were nasty,
I wouldn't go near any of them. They
were all ball cutters, but in really
devious ways. Entertaining show.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
September 10th, 2019 at 2:22:07 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73

My parents marriage was natural, a man and woman
yet
Many states, my parents marriage was illegal until Loving vs Virginia was decided in 1967
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"