The Gay Thread

September 10th, 2019 at 2:43:03 PM permalink
gamerfreak
Threads: 4
Quote: AZDuffman
There was no "law" on marriage. It just was. Like making a law saying grass has to be green. No sane person thought otherwise.

Never cared if there were or were not. Though if you support banning guns to save lives you should support such laws to save lives by preventing AIDS and other disease spreading.

What?? There are clearly laws on marriage, we just established that. The grass analogy makes no sense. Marriage is a social construct, grass being green is an objective truth. If someone figured out how to grow purple grass, we wouldn’t make a law against it.

I’ve always been pro 2A and against banning guns. My views on personal freedom are logically consistent. Claiming to want limited government and then wanting to use the arm of government to tell people how to live is not.
September 10th, 2019 at 2:46:03 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Evenbob
And none of them were in the
least overweight and unattractive.
They were all gorgeous super
model types, just like Gay women
in real life.
The four main characters were nasty,
I wouldn't go near any of them. They
were all ball cutters, but in really
devious ways. Entertaining show.

The brunette was not bad looking, but you would have to talk to her. "Just like?"
The President is a fink.
September 10th, 2019 at 2:50:12 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
The brunette was not bad looking, but you would have to talk to her. "Just like?"

That was Charlotte, very high maintenance.
Turned out the ball busting lady lawyer,
Cynthia Nixon, was a Lesbian in real
life. I can't imagine a guy who would
want her..
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
September 10th, 2019 at 2:57:30 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Not really. If we are going to redefine marriage so two people of the same sex can marry, why should we restrict it based on age? Isn't that the two people love each other all that matters? I would really like to hear a good, logical reason. Just be prepared to defend your logic. I look forward to the debate. Bring it on.

No, they are textbook religious theocracy. Islamic law is not "social conservatism."

Some do, some do not. What they do not like is these things getting out of control.

Well for one young children cannot make fully rational decisions.... Even most teenagers and young adults are not fully mentally developed.... If anything I would want the age raised for any kind of marriage. There is a reason over 50% end in divorce.... The logic is simple young kids are not capable of making rational decisions and can be easily manipulated.....

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_conservatism#targetText=Social%20conservatism%20is%20the%20belief,This%20can%20include%20moral%20issues.

'Social conservatism is the belief that society is built upon a fragile network of relationships which need to be upheld through duty, traditional values and established institutions.[1] This can include moral issues.'

Islamic countries are about as socially conservative as you can get. Oh also, illegal abortion, another key issues for social conservatives.
September 10th, 2019 at 3:40:30 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Gandler
Well for one young children cannot make fully rational decisions.... Even most teenagers and young adults are not fully mentally developed.... If anything I would want the age raised for any kind of marriage. There is a reason over 50% end in divorce.... The logic is simple young kids are not capable of making rational decisions and can be easily manipulated.....

Well, are you for requiring parental consent for birth control pills and abortions? Kind of same thing.
The President is a fink.
September 10th, 2019 at 3:43:08 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Evenbob
That was Charlotte, very high maintenance.
Turned out the ball busting lady lawyer,
Cynthia Nixon, was a Lesbian in real
life. I can't imagine a guy who would
want her..

Was she the tramp?
The President is a fink.
September 10th, 2019 at 4:16:59 PM permalink
Gandler
Well, are you for requiring parental consent for birth control pills and abortions? Kind of same thing.

Its not the same thing at all, one is a medical issue, one is a legally binding contract that can be very difficult to get out of...

But, to answer your questions, yes , parents should be involved in Abortion, and birth control. Parents/guardians should be involved in all medical decisions for minors.

That being said, Physicians should be able to override parents for birth control if there is not rational reason to restrict it (some parents are against birth control for religious or secular naturalistic reasons). If more kids had better accsess to birth control
September 10th, 2019 at 4:24:48 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Gandler
Its not the same thing at all, one is a medical issue, one is a legally binding contract that can be very difficult to get out of...

But, to answer your questions, yes , parents should be involved in Abortion, and birth control. Parents/guardians should be involved in all medical decisions for minors.

That being said, Physicians should be able to override parents for birth control if there is not rational reason to restrict it (some parents are against birth control for religious or secular naturalistic reasons). If more kids had better accsess to birth control

Actually it is the same thing. Either kids are able to make decisions or they are not. Your answer is wishy-washy. You are for parents being involved unless the kids don't want them to be. As to hard to get out of, an abortion can affect a woman for life. Marriage you just get a divorce.
The President is a fink.
September 10th, 2019 at 4:34:13 PM permalink
Gandler
Actually it is the same thing. Either kids are able to make decisions or they are not. Your answer is wishy-washy. You are for parents being involved unless the kids don't want them to be. As to hard to get out of, an abortion can affect a woman for life. Marriage you just get a divorce.

It's not wishy-washy at all, I don't support underage people marrying or having sex with adults, I never thought that this would be controversial. It is well known that marriage is the one legal way for adults to have sex with minors and wealthy men use this to get very young women....

As for medical decisions, I think it should ultimately be up to the physician and child, but parents should be involved. If a kid wants BC, but Mom says no, I say too bad let the psycican write the prescription.

I will grant you abortion is trickier, and it is morally complex, especially when dealing with minors. I am against abortion philosophically, but I support it legally. I would hope that a better alternative can be found for unwanted pregnancies.
September 10th, 2019 at 4:35:14 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Was she the tramp?

That was the blonde, Samantha. Yuk.
The worst was the star, Carrie Bradshaw.
She was just nasty, why any guy would
give her more than a one night stand
is a mystery. Of course on the show
she ended up marrying a jillionaire.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.