Bring back New Coke

August 13th, 2019 at 12:31:29 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Everyone was wrong about it. It was the best!
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 13th, 2019 at 12:36:30 PM permalink
gamerfreak
Threads: 4
There is a limited re-release for Stranger Things, but it’s going to cost you $20 for 2 cans (along with 2 ST bottles of regular code) -

https://www.cokestore.com/new-coke-and-stranger-things-1985-limited-edition-collector-s-pack/

Shamefully I bought it because I was *really* interesting in trying New Coke.

I didn’t like it. It wasn’t terrible but not nearly as good as regular coke. A bit sweeter and less spiciness. I think it was pretty obvious they were trying to get something closer to Pepsi, because it tasted exactly like Pepsi to me.
August 14th, 2019 at 10:11:44 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Look guys, ordinarily I would not favor any legislation on this matter. Neither mandatory (thou shall not sell sugar water) nor coercive (thou can sell it but must collect a humungous tax so people eventual change their habits).

However, I just woke up from my post prandial somnolence (sugar jag) and it ain't fun. If any of you took the H1N1 flu vaccine, you may soon be finding out far more about somnolence than you want to.

I had my meals on Wheels lasagna, vegetable and two mini cupcakes as well as the dessert cookie.

Day is half gone, all my energy is gone. Ability to focus on tasks is impaired. Headache and confusion level is high. I couldn't add to 21 right now if I was being held at gunpoint!

New coke, old coke, whatever coke. Steer clear of them all. Somnolence is a living hell.
August 14th, 2019 at 10:55:48 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Fleastiff

New coke, old coke, whatever coke. Steer clear of them all.

I agree
I cut sugary soft drinks out of my diet.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
August 14th, 2019 at 11:22:12 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: terapined
I cut sugary soft drinks out of my diet.
Good for you. I wish the Food Bank people would cut sugar out of my diet, but its all fruit juice, breads, pastries, etc. Even the beans are in syrup. Cereals are all frosted. I not only have will power problems but I can't really get to the store on my own.

By the way, that H1N1 vaccine hits pediatric cases hardest, so if you let your kids get the flu vaccine: beware somnolence.

I hope someday Coke has to pay for all the diseases they caused.
August 14th, 2019 at 1:58:39 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

New coke, old coke, whatever coke. Steer clear of them all. Somnolence is a living hell.

The President is a fink.
August 14th, 2019 at 9:20:19 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51

I hope someday Coke has to pay for all the diseases they caused.

I disagree completely. I think the ones that pay for it should be the ones abusing it, and I think they are.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
August 15th, 2019 at 6:43:24 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: gamerfreak
There is a limited re-release for Stranger Things, but it’s going to cost you $20 for 2 cans (along with 2 ST bottles of regular code) -

https://www.cokestore.com/new-coke-and-stranger-things-1985-limited-edition-collector-s-pack/

Shamefully I bought it because I was *really* interesting in trying New Coke.

I didn’t like it. It wasn’t terrible but not nearly as good as regular coke. A bit sweeter and less spiciness. I think it was pretty obvious they were trying to get something closer to Pepsi, because it tasted exactly like Pepsi to me.

That is a total scam, 20 USD for two cans?

It's good, but not that good...

I'll wait to them to bring it back in stores as will likley happen with the trend of bringing back classic drinks over the last few years....
August 15th, 2019 at 7:04:19 AM permalink
KNathan
Threads: 37
Quote: Gandler
That is a total scam, 20 USD for two cans?

It's good, but not that good...

I'll wait to them to bring it back in stores as will likley happen with the trend of bringing back classic drinks over the last few years....

I agree with you. With $20 you can buy 36 cans of normal coke. Makes no sense that they charge $20 for only two cans of New Coke. If they really wanted to go with the 1985 vibe, they should have charged the way cheaper 1985 can price. That would have had it flying off the shelves.