Andrew Yang seems pretty awesome

August 20th, 2019 at 10:33:38 AM permalink
beachbumbabs
Threads: 6
Quote: petroglyph
I would like stores such as WM or especially Lowe's, to have kiosks at the front of the store for customers to search items locations. Lowe's is a long ways around. My local store, I can check the location of items on my laptop before I go.

I don't like searching for an employee to ask where an item is, after I've already searched on foot for the item. Then sometimes when they don't know either they try to fast walk me around the store while they search.

It would help with the turnover problem as well, and certainly make things easier on me. How hard could that be?

Both my local Lowe's and Target let me search the store for an item, and if it's in the store, they give me the aisle and bin where I can pick it up. Just used it yesterday, in fact. I'm sure it saved me 15 min, because the stuff wasn't where I would have placed it if I were planning the stock.

I just do it on my phone. Easy as can be.
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
August 20th, 2019 at 10:51:18 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: beachbumbabs
Both my local Lowe's and Target let me search the store for an item.

People actually go in Target to shop?
I buy from Target a lot, never been
in one of their stores to shop. Why
would I.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
August 28th, 2019 at 5:05:12 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Andrew Yang will be one of the 10 confirmed for the SEP debate. Will for sure be the strongest person on stage.
December 4th, 2019 at 10:33:15 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/full-service-presidential-candidate-yang-raises-eyebrows-after-dispensing-whipped-cream

The 2020 White House candidate raised eyebrows on Tuesday when he shot whipped cream into the mouths of two kneeling men at the opening of his brand new New Hampshire field office.

"That's a full service presidential candidate!" Yang exclaims as he dispenses the creamy confection into the first man's mouth.

As Yang began to shoot more whipped cream into another kneeling man's mouth, an aide can be heard saying "Stop. That's enough, that's enough," as he corrals the presidential candidate away.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
December 4th, 2019 at 10:46:53 AM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: petroglyph

As Yang began to shoot more whipped cream into another kneeling man's mouth, an aide can be heard saying "Stop. That's enough, that's enough," as he corrals the presidential candidate away.

Yang is such a putz. He has aides? Who
knew.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 6th, 2020 at 2:17:12 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
I think somebody has brought this up earlier in the thread, but the experiment continues successfully:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.courthousenews.com/citys-experiment-with-basic-universal-income-showing-promise/amp/

In Stockton CA, a select group of residents receive 500USD /month no strings attached.

Of course the program is funded through private donations, so it is not funded by tax money, so it's not a government UBI. But, it shows on a local scale how it can improve the mental health and financial security of individuals (without any negative consequences that people speculate such as laziness or working less hours...)
January 6th, 2020 at 4:05:04 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Gandler
I think somebody has brought this up earlier in the thread, but the experiment continues successfully:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.courthousenews.com/citys-experiment-with-basic-universal-income-showing-promise/amp/

In Stockton CA, a select group of residents receive 500USD /month no strings attached.

Of course the program is funded through private donations, so it is not funded by tax money, so it's not a government UBI. But, it shows on a local scale how it can improve the mental health and financial security of individuals (without any negative consequences that people speculate such as laziness or working less hours...)

So you are saying a free $500 can help people? Maybe you can get the Nobel Econ medal.

The problem is that UBI relies on magic beans that do not exist. To give everyone $500 a month you need to steal $600 a month from everyone to account for admin costs.

Give up the idea, it is fantasyland.
The President is a fink.
January 6th, 2020 at 4:15:07 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: AZDuffman
So you are saying a free $500 can help people?

$500 doesn't buy dick squat. Make
it $5000 and you might make a
difference.
January 6th, 2020 at 4:24:16 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
So, $500 means nothing to the person you give it to, but $600 means everything to the person you take it from.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
January 6th, 2020 at 4:25:19 PM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Quote: AZDuffman
The problem is that UBI relies on magic beans that do not exist. To give everyone $500 a month you need to steal $600 a month from everyone to account for admin costs.

Yep, and not only that, I can see libbies trying to raise it every election year. They'll be like "$500 isn't enough! Let's make it $1000!!" Then the next election after that they'll be like "$1000 isn't enough!! Let's make it $1500!!" And it will never stop. It will become the new minimum wage. 🙄