Andrew Yang seems pretty awesome

August 15th, 2019 at 6:56:58 PM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Money from tax cuts are also "spent and put back into the economy", yet the libbies always rail against them. Libbies can't be consistent about anything. 🙄
August 15th, 2019 at 7:01:55 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Let's apply some proper ridicule.

Quote:
Trump, Republicans Ridiculed As Federal Deficit, $3.7 Trillion Spending Hit Record Highs
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 15th, 2019 at 7:06:36 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Shrek
Money from tax cuts are also "spent and put back into the economy", yet the libbies always rail against them. Libbies can't be consistent about anything. 🙄

If Trump can balance the budget, sure I support tax cuts
but
If tax cuts mean the govt cant pay their bills and the deficit goes up, then we cant afford them
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
August 15th, 2019 at 8:43:52 PM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Quote: terapined
If tax cuts mean the govt cant pay their bills and the deficit goes up, then we cant afford them
So then we can't afford UBI either, thank you very much.
August 15th, 2019 at 8:51:20 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Shrek
So then we can't afford UBI either, thank you very much.

I never said I supported UBI
I'm a registered republican voter that's a fiscal conservative.
I strongly believe that we should all live under a balanced budget
but
The budget is exploding under Trump
Why vote republican if its the spend spend spend party. Its fiscally irresponsible.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
August 15th, 2019 at 9:01:15 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Ironic that it's Republicans opposing a program to end welfare and create wealth by putting more people in the work force.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
August 16th, 2019 at 2:13:18 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Wizard
Ironic that it's Republicans opposing a program to end welfare and create wealth by putting more people in the work force.

How does it "create wealth?" All it does is redistribute. I do not see how it puts people back in the workforce, either. We already have the problem of hard to fill low end jobs because people would rather sit on the dole than work entry level.
The President is a fink.
August 16th, 2019 at 3:48:42 AM permalink
gamerfreak
Threads: 4
Quote: kenarman
Go and make sure you understand what Gross Domestic Product (GDP) is and then come back and tell me how you can give that away. As a starting point the current total federal budget is 21% of GDP.

I understand what GDP is. But you still aren’t explaining how UBI is “giving away” GDP.
August 16th, 2019 at 6:32:18 AM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: AZDuffman
How does it "create wealth?" All it does is redistribute. I do not see how it puts people back in the workforce, either. We already have the problem of hard to fill low end jobs because people would rather sit on the dole than work entry level.

The system now rewards these people to sit on the dole. If they work, they get removed from the dole. In other words, they are punished for working. Under a UBI, they will think, I get barely enough to live on for free, but if they will have an incentive to work because they will get to keep what they make.

Plus, everybody who previously work for any welfare agency can find a job that produces a product or service.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
August 16th, 2019 at 7:46:40 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Wizard
The system now rewards these people to sit on the dole. If they work, they get removed from the dole. In other words, they are punished for working. Under a UBI, they will think, I get barely enough to live on for free, but if they will have an incentive to work because they will get to keep what they make.

Plus, everybody who previously work for any welfare agency can find a job that produces a product or service.

I agree on the first part. Not so much on the second. The lazy will remain lazy. The "welfare trap" does exist, but there is a class of people who is choose life at substance level over work. On a higher level, have you ever worked with that person who just would not take any OT when offered? Not for other commitments, but they just did not want it. This is hard for those of us with ambition to understand, but they are out there.
The President is a fink.