Israel deny entry for American congresswomen

Page 2 of 8<12345>Last »
August 15th, 2019 at 1:16:01 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: Gandler
No clue, I don't have a subscription so I am blocked from the article.
FWIW, I don't either and I can see the article fine. Maybe I have burned up my free content this month yet, idk.

Quote:
Also, they have socialized healthcare and an excellent higher education system which probably upsets you even more. .....
I don't gaf what kind of system they have, but I would prefer not to pay for it.

I would appreciate you not trying to tell me what I think.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
August 15th, 2019 at 1:23:53 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: petroglyph
FWIW, I don't either and I can see the article fine. Maybe I have burned up my free content this month yet, idk.

I don't gaf what kind of system they have, but I would prefer not to pay for it.

I would appreciate you not trying to tell me what I think.

You seem to care a lot about their immigration and visitor systems....
August 15th, 2019 at 1:28:10 PM permalink
petroglyph
I've been interested in MENA, international topics, and anti-war since high school, for no particular reason I can put my finger on. Maybe because I came up during the Vietnam conflict? You and I traded posts a few years back iirc over at wov.
August 15th, 2019 at 1:29:22 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73

Aren't my tax dollars supporting this foreign country

I think its sad that the President of the USA is siding with a foreign govt against US citizens democratically elected to serve the United States
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
August 15th, 2019 at 1:35:04 PM permalink
Gandler
Quote: terapined
Aren't my tax dollars supporting this foreign country

I think its sad that the President of the USA is siding with a foreign govt against US citizens democratically elected to serve the United States

Your tax dollars are also supporting a lot of countries with far more visitor restrictions.....
August 15th, 2019 at 1:38:47 PM permalink
Gandler
I've been interested in MENA, international topics, and anti-war since high school, for no particular reason I can put my finger on. Maybe because I came up during the Vietnam conflict? You and I traded posts a few years back iirc over at wov.

Probably, if you were posting negative things about Israel.

But, being anti-war is not always a good thing. Israel is one of the most progressive countries in the world.
August 15th, 2019 at 1:55:51 PM permalink
petroglyph
Probably, if you were posting negative things about Israel.
Have I posted something negative about Israel? Pretty quick to accuse. Is posting facts that you don't like, necessarily negative?

Quote:
But, being anti-war is not always a good thing. Israel is one of the most progressive countries in the world.
Israel, you, whoever, go have a war. Just leave America out of it.

To a "not Israel firster" she is an Apartheid theological state. I'm also not fond of god religions.

I noticed in the "Vice" video Terapined posted, right off the get-go was a quick copy of Ahmadinejad shaking hands with Jews. He as the Iranian PM that was accused of [but only mis-interpreted] of saying "death to Israel" or some such. What he was speaking about was the Zionists, not the people or the faith. About @ 50 sec.
August 15th, 2019 at 2:05:06 PM permalink
Gandler
Have I posted something negative about Israel? Pretty quick to accuse. Is posting facts that you don't like, necessarily negative?

Israel, you, whoever, go have a war. Just leave America out of it.

To a "not Israel firster" she is an Apartheid theological state. I'm also not fond of god religions.

I noticed in the "Vice" video Terapined posted, right off the get-go was a quick copy of Ahmadinejad shaking hands with Jews. He as the Iranian PM that was accused of [but only mis-interpreted] of saying "death to Israel" or some such. What he was speaking about was the Zionists, not the people or the faith. About @ 50 sec.

I said I probably debated you if you posted something negative about Israel on WOV, which now seems likely since you just called it an apartheid state....

Yeah, he has called death to the Zionists and is a despicable person. Zionism is probably the best thing to happen in the middle east since the fall of the Ottoman Empire....
August 15th, 2019 at 2:39:24 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Your tax dollars are also supporting a lot of countries with far more visitor restrictions.....

Yea but Israel gets the biggest piece of the pie
Israel gets billions. Why should they get way way way way more of our aid then other countries
Why cant Israel just support itself instead always looking for a massive handout from the US
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
August 15th, 2019 at 2:43:06 PM permalink
Gandler
Quote: terapined
Yea but Israel gets the biggest piece of the pie
Israel gets billions. Why should they get way way way way more of our aid then other countries
Why cant Israel just support itself instead always looking for a massive handout from the US

I agree, I wish we would cut the aid (and all foreign aid) so people can stop using it as a talking point.

The why is complex, but during the cold war after their military success, we needed a vital military ally in region, and it kept ballooning from there.
Page 2 of 8<12345>Last »