Tulsi Gabbard

Page 4 of 38<1234567>Last »
August 19th, 2019 at 1:03:49 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Gandler
Bush41 is complex, there are a whole host of reasons culminating in him losing re-election to an (at the time) relatively unpopular canidate. Ross Perot ran, and ended up taking a good 16% from Bush, Clinton won with a small minority (less than 50%).

A biggie was that a mild recession was presented as a depression. Clinton harped on it even as the economy was in recovery. 41 never responded, let himself be cut down chop by chop. In the end you got the impression he just had enough of politics and didn't care. Perot had all the energy until he dropped out but picked the worst VP in history. If not for him and the drop out/get in stunt Perot might have taken 25-24% of the popular vote.

IMHO Perot got in because he hated Bush then someone mentioned he might win, scared the heck out of him.
The President is a fink.
August 19th, 2019 at 1:59:32 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: AZDuffman
..;.. Perot had all the energy until he dropped out but picked the worst VP in history. If not for him and the drop out/get in stunt Perot might have taken 25-24% of the popular vote.
Are you talking about Pat Choate?

To bad nobody wanted to read his book, "Agents of influence".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pat_Choate
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
August 19th, 2019 at 2:05:50 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: petroglyph
Are you talking about Pat Choate?

No, I think it was Stockman. They guy looked literally insane. I still voted Perot because Clinton was too radial and Bush both raised taxes and had no leadership left in him.

I to this day wonder if Tsongas dropping out so early was not a fix.
The President is a fink.
August 19th, 2019 at 2:36:36 PM permalink
petroglyph
No, I think it was Stockman. They guy looked literally insane. I still voted Perot because Clinton was too radial and Bush both raised taxes and had no leadership left in him.

I to this day wonder if Tsongas dropping out so early was not a fix.
I gathered signatures to get Perot on the ballot in Ak.
August 19th, 2019 at 2:49:42 PM permalink
AZDuffman
I gathered signatures to get Perot on the ballot in Ak.

I had GOP buddies that laughed at his charts and graphs infomercial (pre-powerpoint for those too young.) They laughed. I told them it was the best job of explaining the situation I had ever seen by a pol. Still is to this day. A "roadblock" ad like that will never happen again.
The President is a fink.
August 19th, 2019 at 4:10:22 PM permalink
petroglyph
I had GOP buddies that laughed at his charts and graphs infomercial (pre-powerpoint for those too young.) They laughed. I told them it was the best job of explaining the situation I had ever seen by a pol. Still is to this day. A "roadblock" ad like that will never happen again.
He spent his own money trying to get his employees back that were held captive in Iran.

He had me there. He wasn't waiting for congress or anyone else. That was probably before hostage insurance became popular. The kind of guy you want to work for if you go over to that ****hole.
August 19th, 2019 at 4:28:06 PM permalink
AZDuffman
He spent his own money trying to get his employees back that were held captive in Iran.

He had me there. He wasn't waiting for congress or anyone else. That was probably before hostage insurance became popular. The kind of guy you want to work for if you go over to that ****hole.

They had a made for TV movie about that caper.
The President is a fink.
August 19th, 2019 at 10:44:47 PM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
I was actually thinking about registering Dem and voting for Tulsi in the primary. At least she's nicer to look at than Hillary. 😂😂😂
August 20th, 2019 at 2:19:13 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Shrek
I was actually thinking about registering Dem and voting for Tulsi in the primary. At least she's nicer to look at than Hillary. 😂😂😂

Not a very high bar you have set there.
The President is a fink.
August 20th, 2019 at 5:48:25 AM permalink
AcesAndEights
Threads: 6
Quote: Shrek

This is why I like living in an open primary state. I'm registered as "unenrolled" and can vote in any primary I want on an election-to-election basis.

The system really is kind of baffling. When you register, you can choose a party if you want to. But then you can *only* vote in that party's primaries. As far as I can tell, there is no benefit to this (other than saying you are a registered XYZ if that is a bragging point for you). Registering as unenrolled is really the best move.
"You think I'm joking." -EvenBob
Page 4 of 38<1234567>Last »