Tulsi Gabbard

January 23rd, 2020 at 5:56:33 AM permalink
AcesAndEights
Threads: 6
Quote: terapined
I did not read the article
I did not need to.
Campaigning for 2024?????
Got news for you. I doubt Tulsi will win another political race the rest of her life regardless if its for President or dog catcher. Telling she is giving up her Rep seat.
She may get appointed to a position but no way she actually wins any kind of election in the future

She was very popular in Hawaii and I think she would have had a shot to win a US Senate seat there. Until her no-show on the impeachment vote. I'm pulling this out of my ass, maybe there are popularity polls for congressmen, not sure. But just based on social media and news reports, most of her constituents were pissed at that move. Sit on the fence, piss off both sides....
"You think I'm joking." -EvenBob
January 23rd, 2020 at 7:22:13 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: Evenbob
The consensus is it's around $75mil.
You ask for 3 times more than you
expect to get in a settlement. The
kid was a minor, and clearly was
maligned. Slam dunk case.

Agree on ‘slam dunk case’. But disagree on amount. Damages hard to quantify. In actuality, this has probably been good for him. He was just a wise ass kid before, now he is a famous wise ass kid. I stand by my 1-10 million guess. Remember, this is ‘life changing’ money for the kid. If they offered ‘$5 million or we go to court... last offer’, the kid has to decide on 2/3 of 5 million or possibly lots more or possibly ZERO!
January 23rd, 2020 at 8:22:25 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: SOOPOO
Agree on ‘slam dunk case’. But disagree on amount. Damages hard to quantify. In actuality, this has probably been good for him. He was just a wise ass kid before, now he is a famous wise ass kid. I stand by my 1-10 million guess. Remember, this is ‘life changing’ money for the kid. If they offered ‘$5 million or we go to court... last offer’, the kid has to decide on 2/3 of 5 million or possibly lots more or possibly ZERO!

Wise ass kid? Because he wore a hat you disagree with and was mobbed by a bunch of crazy people who also disagree with the hat?
January 23rd, 2020 at 8:49:06 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

Wise ass kid? For what reason? Standing quiet and polite?
The President is a fink.
January 23rd, 2020 at 12:41:51 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Agree on ‘slam dunk case’. But disagree on amount.

That's what I read, $75mil. No lawyer,
especially the top tier lawyer that the
kid has, sues for $250 mil and settles
for $1 mil. They would take it to court
for the full $250 and win.

I don't get the wise ass crack. What did
he say or do that was wise ass.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 23rd, 2020 at 12:44:48 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: Gandler
Wise ass kid? Because he wore a hat you disagree with and was mobbed by a bunch of crazy people who also disagree with the hat?

Easy to walk away. To avoid the confrontation. It's what I would have done. My use of 'wise ass' might not even be an insult. In this case closer to a term of endearment. I repeat that he did absolutely nothing wrong. Just not how I would have handled it. He is obviously smarter than I am, though. I had to work my butt off over 30+ years to get my 7 figures. He just had to stare hard!
January 23rd, 2020 at 1:23:19 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Easy to walk away. To avoid the confrontation. It's what I would have done. My use of 'wise ass' might not even be an insult. In this case closer to a term of endearment. I repeat that he did absolutely nothing wrong. Just not how I would have handled it. He is obviously smarter than I am, though. I had to work my butt off over 30+ years to get my 7 figures. He just had to stare hard!

He was minding his own business. Why should he have to walk away? Because he was the white guy?
The President is a fink.
January 23rd, 2020 at 1:38:21 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: AZDuffman
He was minding his own business. Why should he have to walk away? Because he was the white guy?

Bingo! A white kid is a MAGA hat,
who does he think he is. Some
old creep with a drum gets in your
face you hold your ground.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 23rd, 2020 at 3:23:18 PM permalink
Gandler

He also had to get his reputation ruined, slandered on international television, be referred to as a villain by people intentionally sharing a partial story....

I am glad you expanded.
But, it is not his duty to back down. The idea of the 1st amendment is to allow you to peacefully express your allegiances without mob violence or lynching....

He was a high school kid who was rushed by a bunch of 60 year olds chanting and screaming at him... He was probably in shock... I would have been....
January 23rd, 2020 at 3:38:50 PM permalink
Gandler
https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/hillary-clinton-russian-agent-accusation-about-tulsi-gabbard-irresponsible/

This is an excellent article that echoes what I have been trying to explain:

'You could probably make the same argument about former CIA directors who accuse others of treason. Because of the nature of classified information and the potential risk to sources and methods, there are times that American policymakers have to say to the public, “trust us.” Off-the-cuff accusations of serious crimes without supporting evidence are bad from anyone, but an off-the-cuff accusation of serious crimes, without supporting evidence, from someone with access to secret materials is even worse. Didn’t we have this whole discussion after the era of McCarthyism? '

People do not understand how damaging an allegation from a secratary of state is and how personally and professionally compromising it is to somebody who requires a security clearance to work....