Dumb scenes in movies? :/

Page 2 of 2<12
August 25th, 2019 at 1:00:00 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Mosca
If I want to watch a movie based around ABBA songs, I will shoot myself in the head.

I concur. Tony Bourdain went on and
on when he visited Sweden on how
they should be punished for foisting
ABBA on the world. Worst songs
ever written.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
August 25th, 2019 at 1:50:15 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Worst??
Popular group; sold out concerts, zillions of songs played.
August 25th, 2019 at 2:53:06 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Fleastiff
Worst??

What's your point, that lots of
people have no taste?
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
August 25th, 2019 at 3:48:47 PM permalink
Mosca
Threads: 22
Quote: Evenbob
I concur. Tony Bourdain went on and
on when he visited Sweden on how
they should be punished for foisting
ABBA on the world. Worst songs
ever written.

The music, I can take it or leave it. It’s been around so long it doesn’t register. But the idea of creating a movie around the songs? That’s flat out ridiculous.
August 26th, 2019 at 1:58:05 AM permalink
KNathan
Threads: 37
Quote: Fleastiff
Worst??

And to boot , MILLENIALS have recently covered ABBA songs in ABBA Vegas Tributes. :) Millenials weren't even born when ABBA were relevant and active in the 70's, so that's noteworthy. :) But according to Reviews, the Millennial Tribute isn't all that good. :/
September 7th, 2019 at 7:49:40 AM permalink
KNathan
Threads: 37
Home Alone 1 and 2 have dumb scenes. In Home Alone, the McAllister Family just stupidly tell a fake Cop(He doesn't show them a badge or an ID, just shows up in Cop looking clothes) their security system and that they will be out of town for a while. Stupid! The fake Cop turned out to be a future Robber who was actually casing their house. I guess this can be forgiven by the fact that they were under a lot of stress in this scene as they had lots of family coming over for a big family vacation.

Home Alone 2. Kevin stops to change the battery in his Talkboy when he should have just waited until they were on the plane to do so. He accidentally follows some complete stranger who was wearing the same coat as his Dad. Later on, the Flight Attendant just blindly and stupidly takes Kevin's word that the complete stranger is hus Dad. A simple,"Sir, is this young gentleman your son?" Would have shown common sense and have been sufficient. The guy would answered that Kevin was not his son and Kevin would have seen that the stranger was not his Dad.
Page 2 of 2<12