Donald's Mexican wall

Page 3 of 9<123456>Last »
August 26th, 2019 at 2:37:33 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: petroglyph
Didn't even have locks for years or take the keys out of the ignition of my vehicles. But that has nothing to do with it.

Is a perfect example. All security can be breached. Key is make it harder and harder. Make a double wall with a dead zone in the middle like Israel has. Guess what, that wall works!

Quote:
As we have seen posted here before, the wall isn't about deterring illegals. All it would take to deter illegals is take away the incentives which is far cheaper than this wall, which is obscene.

I would be happy to, but we have one party all in agreement about adding healthcare for illegals to their platform, and a media not calling them on it. We have lawsuits every time a law to deny illegals anything is passed. The problem has deep roots.

Quote:
You know explicitly that the majority of illegals are folks that overstayed their work visa. I'm not interested in having a cheap pissing contest with you AZ.

I would say you are, otherwise you would not have posted the link in the first place. "Work visa." Different than coming across for welfare and handouts. But I am in favor of locking a work visa to everything else. At expiration the drivers license is closed to renewal All bank accounts lock to withdraws. Things like that. Even use the banking system to lock an employer from cutting a check. Fairly easy stuff.
The President is a fink.
August 26th, 2019 at 2:41:46 PM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
There are estimated 30 million illegals in the US here now.
Yeah, and without a wall, it will soon be 40 million!

Don't know what's so hard to understand here. If burglars break into my house and I do nothing about it, that will only encourage MORE burglars to break into my house!!
August 26th, 2019 at 2:55:06 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Shrek
Don't know what's so hard to understand here. If burglars break into my house and I do nothing about it, that will only encourage MORE burglars to break into my house!!

I suspect the first set of burglars will have taken anything of value and all the other burglars will see that in the Monthly Burglar Newsletter and know to stay away.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
August 26th, 2019 at 2:56:41 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: AZDuffman
Is a perfect example. All security can be breached. Key is make it harder and harder. Make a double wall with a dead zone in the middle like Israel has. Guess what, that wall works!
I stated in the beginning [years ago] that I don't support this wall project. My objection is because I support animal migrations. Build most of it if they must, but leave large enough sections open for dear, antelope, jaguar Javelina etc.

IMO, a good fence will work as well as this multi billion dollar bollard style obstruction. That's why I posted the video, to show the ridiculousness of spending many billions of dollars. This wall has no intention of being complete even after Trumps next administration. There will be hundreds of miles still open.

It isn't like other government waste, but with trillion dollar yearly deficits this is insane. They will spend us into oblivion regardless. But even if this wall were completed tomorrow, the thirty million already here are not going home. Not going to happen. That does not mean I am for benefits for illegals, just saying what it is.

What people aren't following is how dire the nuances are with the trade war. The dollar is in big trouble, to me the wall is a distraction. And it's ugly.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
August 26th, 2019 at 3:08:36 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188

The analogy more correctly would be someone breaking into your house and then you hire them. You don't need extra security to fix that.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 26th, 2019 at 3:17:15 PM permalink
rxwine
Whereas it's negative EV to go after thousands of poor people when you can go after fewer people with money who can pay fines and support your mission. That being the businesses who hire them.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 26th, 2019 at 3:21:46 PM permalink
rxwine
The third benefit of this, any competitive edge a business is having against people using legal labor is hit extra hard. You're not just taking employees they can replace but literally costing them money and hurting the practice.
August 26th, 2019 at 3:23:25 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Nevermind.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
August 26th, 2019 at 3:27:39 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
What is your solution then, for the negative birth rate? I need enough of these Latinos to learn working English, or I need to learn more Spanish before I get put in the rest home. How many of us worn down impoverished boomers, would you be willing to take in?

Quote:
I think the home invasion problem is more closely related to dope than race.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
August 26th, 2019 at 4:19:08 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
There are estimated 30 million illegals in the US here now. Add to that Dreamers. Add to that ladders and fences. It's a terrible waste.

I'm not sure what reliable source you have for that estimate.

Quote: Pew Research
There were 10.5 million unauthorized immigrants in the U.S. in 2017, representing 3.2% of the total U.S. population that year. The 2017 unauthorized immigrant total is a 14% drop from the peak of 12.2 million in 2007, when this group was 4% of the U.S. population.

The number of Mexican unauthorized immigrants declined since 2007, while the total from other nations ticked up. Mexicans made up less than half of all unauthorized U.S. immigrants (47%) in 2017 for the first time, according to the Center’s estimate, compared with 57% in 2007. Their numbers (and share of the total) have been declining in recent years: There were 4.9 million Mexican unauthorized immigrants living in the U.S. in 2017, down from 6.9 million in 2007.

A rising share of unauthorized immigrants have lived in the U.S. for more than a decade. About two-thirds (66%) of unauthorized immigrant adults in 2017 had been in the U.S. more than 10 years, compared with 41% in 2007.
Page 3 of 9<123456>Last »