The Bible is good reading! :D

Page 1 of 212>
August 30th, 2019 at 6:53:23 PM permalink
KNathan
Threads: 37
If you read the bible, you will find good reading!

Let's see

Two sisters marry the same guy, who is their COUSIN(I SWEAR I saw something like that on Jerry Springer). ;) O.O

A husband and wife steal money FROM GOD!!!!!!!!!O.O

A brother sells his birthright for porridge and bread! Dummy! LMAO! :D :/

A man kills his brother because his brother does better with his job....O.O

The first scam in history happens when a TALKING serpent scams a woman out of eternal life and happiness...... :/

A town killls a man who was just trying to save them, but let's a robber go free.....:/

A woman gives her baby up for adoption, but ends up being the baby's nanny! :)

:D
August 30th, 2019 at 7:14:49 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
Finally a thread of yours that Evenbob won't block.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
August 30th, 2019 at 7:15:56 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: FrGamble
Finally a thread if yours that Evenbob won't block.

I will bet you an old sock that he does.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
August 30th, 2019 at 7:38:36 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Wizard

You'd win. Blocked.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
August 30th, 2019 at 7:51:02 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: KNathan

Let's see

Two sisters marry the same guy, who is their COUSIN(I SWEAR I saw something like that on Jerry Springer). ;) O.O

A husband and wife steal money FROM GOD!!!!!!!!!O.O

A brother sells his birthright for porridge and bread! Dummy! LMAO! :D :/

A man kills his brother because his brother does better with his job....O.O

The first scam in history happens when a TALKING serpent scams a woman out of eternal life and happiness...... :/

A town killls a man who was just trying to save them, but let's a robber go free.....:/

A woman gives her baby up for adoption, but ends up being the baby's nanny! :)

:D

A man offers his daughters to a crowd of gay men to save his male guests but the men would rather have his male guests?
The President is a fink.
August 30th, 2019 at 7:55:22 PM permalink
KNathan
Quote: Wizard

An old Sock....lmao! Is that a light hearted jab at me? ;)
August 30th, 2019 at 8:20:44 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
An old Sock....lmao! Is that a light hearted jab at me? ;)

It's an expression for a bet for low stakes. I didn't want to serve more time in purgatory for beating FrG out of real money, that may otherwise have gone to charity.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
August 30th, 2019 at 11:35:36 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068

Usually people who make these lists include the story of Elisha sending bears to maul 42 children for calling him "baldy". As bible stories go this one "brought more criticism of the Bible than almost any other narrative.”

From there Elisha went up to Bethel. As he was walking along the road, some boys came out of the town and jeered at him. “Get out of here, baldy!” they said. “Get out of here, baldy!” He turned around, looked at them and called down a curse on them in the name of the Lord. Then two bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the boys.

A litle over 2 centuries after Elisha's the death, the Babylonians occupied Jerusalem in 586 B.C., destroyed the Temple, and sent the Jews into exile. About 50 years after that, the Persian King Cyrus allowed Jews to return to Jerusalem and rebuild the Temple.
August 31st, 2019 at 3:57:36 AM permalink
KNathan
Quote: AZDuffman
A man offers his daughters to a crowd of gay men to save his male guests but the men would rather have his male guests?

Lot's family was all kinds of messed up. Lot offered his daughters' virginities to complete strangers and Lot's daughters later got him drunk, raped him,(They had sex with him while he was passed out) and got pregnant by him! O.O. Not to mention their mother was killed by becoming a pillar of salt just because she took one last look at their old home.
August 31st, 2019 at 11:38:11 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
I think the explanation for the Elisha/Bear matter revolves around figuring the "children" were actually the juvenile delinquents of the day. At least 42 of the rascals were harassing him, that scenario does suggest E. was in a great deal of peril, maybe back then one would instantly know that.

For some reason the story survived with name-calling alone to describe their misbehavior, which is an unacceptably mild offense today to rate any kind of severe punishment. However, once a figure has been accepted as a true prophet, you have to imagine in those times the offense of name-calling against such a religious man was considered much more outrageous.

And who ever said Elisha was a nice guy?
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
Page 1 of 212>