Anne Ransom
Lisa Kearney-Griffin
Bridget Esposito
Lucy Crifasi
Gennady Boyarsky
Yvonne Bonomo

REST IN PEACE
WE WILL NEVER FORGET

"Entitled 11 Tears, it occupies a lobby corner of American Express’ corporate headquarters at the World Financial Center.
It “unites sky and ground, heaven and earth” and incorporates natural elements: water, light, quartz crystal and black granite. At the center is a 600 pound tear-shaped piece of Brazilian quartz, which was carved to have 11 sides, one for each victim.
The massive crystal is set into a stainless steel ring and suspended from the ceiling by 11 thin cables. Beneath the point of the upside-down tear is an 11 sided black granite pool; each side is inscribed with the name of an employee and a few words, selected by those who knew them best, to summarize the people they were.
At random intervals, 11 drops of water fall from the ceiling into the pool, creating intersecting ripples, “symbolizing the connections among the close-knit group of colleagues and friends.” The fountain is surrounded by benches of matching black granite.
11 died, working as American Express Travel Counselors on the 94th floor of One World Trade Center.
We will Never Forget"
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
September 11th, 2019 at 4:22:51 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
TY Ed for mentioning some specific examples. It means something. I had two separate jobs in the World Trade Center. One was owned by an uncle, 23rd floor.
My ex wife had a job there. Hers was on the 105th floor. It was 20 years before the bombing, but she can be sure a few of her co-workers were still at the company. My mother worked there for a very short time as well. Brother in Law worked at NYSE. He was already there when the towers were hit. He ran across the Brooklyn Bridge. My sister and he had a friend who died in the attack.

My mother was dying of cancer on 9/11/01. She was still with it, but suffering a pulmonary death. I hated that her last few days were in the unsure times immediately following the attack. She passed on 9/17/01.

I was at my regular day job. I was in the middle of my two cases when I was told that something had happened. After the second case I was able to go home for 5 or 6 hours to watch TV waiting for my night moonlighting gig. I did labor epidurals for laboring women. I was involved with 3 mother/child combos.... born on 9/11/01.
September 11th, 2019 at 4:42:25 PM permalink
KNathan
Threads: 37
It's pretty sad that every year September 11th posts get fewer and fewer responses. I'm talking across the board with different websites dedicated to different things. September 11th, 2001 was such a horrific tragedy that you'd think there'd be PAGES dedicated to it each year instead of just like literally a couple of posts. But talk about Trump being President and you'd get like 20 pages in like 1 day. Sad really....:(
September 11th, 2019 at 4:51:14 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: KNathan
It's pretty sad that every year September 11th posts get fewer and fewer responses. I'm talking across the board with different websites dedicated to different things. September 11th, 2001 was such a horrific tragedy that you'd think there'd be PAGES dedicated to it each year instead of just like literally a couple of posts. But talk about Trump being President and you'd get like 20 pages in like 1 day. Sad really....:(

Sadder is that we have not learned the dangers of islam and now elect muslims to congress where they say "some people did something" on 9/11. Europe is filled with no-go muslim zones and they are coming to the USA. You would think the attacks were the "hard way" alone. Hate for Trump is so bad that the left fights to let anyone in the USA no matter how much the society is a declared or undeclared enemy of the USA.
The President is a fink.
September 11th, 2019 at 8:05:17 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
I worked that day
We had clients stuck all over the country.
Most had rental cars
We pretty much told everybody, keep the car and make the long drive home and drop it off at the car rental location closest to home.
Most drove home, a few waited for flights to resume.
Car rental companies were totally reasonable
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
September 11th, 2019 at 8:47:56 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
New 9/11 doc on Nat Geo channel
9/11 : Control the Skies
1 hour
Its pretty much all Gander ATC, the pilots landing at Gander and all the problems and issues they faced.
Really good
September 12th, 2019 at 4:47:02 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: AZDuffman
Sadder is that we have not learned the dangers of islam and now elect muslims to congress where they say "some people did something" on 9/11.

lol

Even sadder still is the fact that we now have a president who wanted to invite the Taliban to the U.S. for a photo op.

I'm glad Obama killed Bin Laden before Donald could become friends with him.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
September 13th, 2019 at 9:26:46 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
This 9/11 tribute Budweiser commercial
aired only one time.

If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.