CL deal gone sour. What would you do?

Page 2 of 3<123>
September 13th, 2019 at 6:54:49 AM permalink
KNathan
Threads: 37
Quote: ams288
There is only one person I'd trust to sort this all out:

But she's an ARBITRATOR, no longer a JUDGE. A JUDGE can make a person pay someone whereas an ARBITRATOR is more of a glorified Mediator....
January 5th, 2020 at 5:51:28 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
I am selling a coffee table on Craigslist
The responses I got were almost all from scammers
I got several replies which were all pretty much the same scam
Below is the scam.
The check is bogus. Takes the bank about 2 weeks to determine no funds and your item has already been picked up

I'm certified with the price and the condition on the list, kindly withdraw the advert from list and considered it sold. I will add extra $50 with the original price while you remove the ads. I will overnight a Cashier Check/ Certified Check drawn from a local bank to you, and I will make the pick up arrangement as soon as you have the check clear and your have your cash, I would have loved to come and take a look and purchase with cash, but my work schedule is tight. So, I'll need you to provide me with the following information to overnight the Payment :
Name to be on the payment ...........
Address to mail the check to ........
City, state and Zip code ............
Last Asking price...................
Phone number to text you on .........
The check will be delivered next business day to you asap and deliver to you within 24hours. hope to read back from you soon
Best Regards
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 5th, 2020 at 7:38:39 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Hadn’t used Craig’s list in quite awhile. Don’t they have a flagging system for spam?
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 5th, 2020 at 8:06:50 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
My favorite was when selling one of my motorcycles on Craigslist. I think I listed it at $4,500 and got a call from someone very interested that was going to pay with cash. They wanted me to bring it to their house for them to see. I couldn;t because I had other people coming to look at it. They said they didn't have a car to come look at it so I told them to take a taxi. They said they couldn't afford a taxi, so I offered to pay for the taxi if they bought the motorcycle. They never showed up. I am sure it was a scam because who has $4500 in cash to buy it and not $20 for the taxi. I never heard back.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
January 6th, 2020 at 2:56:44 AM permalink
KNathan
Threads: 37
Quote: DRich
My favorite was when selling one of my motorcycles on Craigslist. I think I listed it at $4,500 and got a call from someone very interested that was going to pay with cash. They wanted me to bring it to their house for them to see. I couldn;t because I had other people coming to look at it. They said they didn't have a car to come look at it so I told them to take a taxi. They said they couldn't afford a taxi, so I offered to pay for the taxi if they bought the motorcycle. They never showed up. I am sure it was a scam because who has $4500 in cash to buy it and not $20 for the taxi. I never heard back.

Smart man to protect your finances. :)
January 6th, 2020 at 11:17:55 AM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
I gave away my old Playboy collection on CL years ago and got plenty of interest. The woman who called first said they were for her husband to whack off with while she was late in her pregnancy. While she was pregnant, she put them up for sale shortly afterward.

When I put up an ad looking for tickets to the Clinton/Trump debate, a few people responded asking me to send the money in advance and they would have a friend meet me locally to give me the tickets. When I insisted to pay on site, they said they had other interested buyers. I said to sell to them and I never heard anything further.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
January 7th, 2020 at 4:03:47 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
I put up a free TV. Tube set but if you need a free TV it worked great. Guy said "are you mobile?" I asked what he meant then he asked when I could drop it off. I replied, "You want me to deliver a TV I am giving you for free? You must have voted for Obama!"

He got all huffy and said "now I don't want it" as if he was actually giving me something for it.

Had to pay to get rid of it, but no way I am dealing with that kind of idiot.
The President is a fink.
January 7th, 2020 at 12:08:57 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: AZDuffman
I put up a free TV. Tube set but if you need a free TV it worked great. Guy said "are you mobile?" I asked what he meant then he asked when I could drop it off. I replied, "You want me to deliver a TV I am giving you for free? You must have voted for Obama!"

He got all huffy and said "now I don't want it" as if he was actually giving me something for it.

Had to pay to get rid of it, but no way I am dealing with that kind of idiot.

Never pay to get rid of anything. If you set it on the curb with a sign that says it is free, it might or might not go. If you put a sign on it that says $20, someone will steal it off of the curb.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
January 7th, 2020 at 12:27:40 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
A decent size new tv is pretty cheap. Hardly worth lifting an old tv from the curb. Especially a tube.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 7th, 2020 at 4:46:51 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: DRich
Never pay to get rid of anything.

CL has a free section. A friend was looking for a fridge and found a free one on CL
Easier that hauling that thing to the curb
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
Page 2 of 3<123>