Initial Reviews of Iron Man 3 from overseas

Page 2 of 2<12
May 6th, 2013 at 2:02:15 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
I hadn't heard he had performed in blackface ... usually you get newspaper articles and protests about that sort of stuff.

He is not the one who plays the current Sherlock on TV is he... where he is a total druggie under the supervision of a female Watson? I watched only the first two episodes but think the show is still running.
May 6th, 2013 at 10:08:47 AM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
Quote: Fleastiff
I hadn't heard he had performed in blackface ... usually you get newspaper articles and protests about that sort of stuff.

He is not the one who plays the current Sherlock on TV is he... where he is a total druggie under the supervision of a female Watson? I watched only the first two episodes but think the show is still running.

No, that's 'Elementary' with Johnny Lee Miller.

As opposed to 'Sherlock' with Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman, where a modern Sherlock is a sociopathic jerk, but also a brilliant deductionist.

Robert Downey Jr played the steampunk-esque Sherlock.

Do keep up :)
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
May 6th, 2013 at 12:25:26 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: TheCesspit
Do keep up :)
This board helps me to at least know what I've missed. Several financially successful Iron Man movies that I had never heard of.
I saw that Tropical Thunder or whatever it was called but didn't realize that was an actor in blackface.

I don't go to the talkies often.
May 17th, 2013 at 1:16:03 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
As expected Iron Man 3 became the first movie of 2013 to go over a billion dollars worldwide (16th movie in history to do so with Titanic the first).

This is the 29th film made from a Marvel Comic character. The Marvel comics date from the early 1960'.s. All but two of the films were made starting in 2002. There are 10 more movies planned or in production and one TV series. Stan Lee (age 91) who created most of the characters has done a cameo in about half the movies.

The first Iron Man got 45.6% of it's box office sales from outside the USA, and has now climbed to 70% so far for Iron Man 3. The final tally should be much higher. The juggernaut of exporting cultural products from America continues unabated.
Page 2 of 2<12