Science and Religion

Page 22 of 22« First<19202122
May 30th, 2020 at 11:29:07 AM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83
Quote: FrGamble
Time is a succession of moments that follow one another. As such it is contingent on what came before. Therefore it cannot be infinite in the past but must have a start or beginning. If there was no beginning then there could be no present moment. Think of a stack of Lego stretching beneath the floor. You would know that this stack of Legos must have a foundation on which the whole stack rests upon even without seeing it. Time stretches back and back beyond our sight but if there is a present moment it is neccessary to have a first moment when time began.

How do you know that time is not a Mobius loop?
May 30th, 2020 at 11:43:46 AM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83
I have never dismissed a link you posted because it was secular. I have dismissed links you've posted because they were literally crazy from fringe websites with disturbing lies and falsehoods. I don't care about if a source is secular, Christian, or whatever. I'm after the truth. If you were you would read the article when you have the time.

Exactly how religious websites appear to atheists
May 30th, 2020 at 12:03:14 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
1. Incorrect

2. False

3. Not true

4. Wrong, and you don't know me

5. It does no good to discuss these things with you.

June 1st is Mon. Isn't this the
time of year you fly off to some
flea ridden part of the world
on the Church's dime and tell
the natives how incorrect, false,
wrong, and just how totally
screwed up their way of thinking
is and you're right about everything,
just listen? How do you bear that
burden day to day, of always
being right about EVERYTHING?

Of course you aren't really right
about almost anything, but deep
down you know that.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 26th, 2023 at 1:08:46 PM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
"If you want to prove to me there is no God, show me how life rises from no life."

AZDuffman, that's a good one.

I believe humans are a little different (compared to other animals), such that we have a conscience inside our temporarily assigned human spirit.

This assigned human spirit also gives us the spiritual authority to "pro-create" human life (provided we aren't physically sterile).

We cannot "create" a human life. Only pro-create a human life.

This is very important because it implies we are not the owner of our assigned life (human spirit).

If we were the owner of our life, then we could choose to live indefinitely.

The way we know we are not the owner, is because we cannot create a human life.

We cannot take anything (without permission, aka stealing) in which we are not the owner, including our temporarily assigned human life.

If we do, then it is wrong, and can be recorded on our conscience.
Page 22 of 22« First<19202122