What I Ate Today

November 5th, 2021 at 9:06:22 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: Evenbob
The one carb bread has made this 800 calorie diet actually pleasant. It allows me to eat sandwiches, French toast, to make croutons, and really expand the parameters of what I eat. The lowly sandwich has to be the most versatile food delivery method in history. Look at how many fast food chains are built around the sandwich. A hamburger is a sandwich. Subway serves nothing but sandwiches. For 90% of fast food chains the sandwich is the main thing they sell.

Are you really on an 800 calorie a day diet, 7 days a week? Don’t you drink 100+ calories each evening in some form of alcohol?
November 5th, 2021 at 9:18:40 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: SOOPOO
Are you really on an 800 calorie a day diet, 7 days a week? Don’t you drink 100+ calories each evening in some form of alcohol?

Pure grain alcohol is neither here nor there when it comes to losing weight. Alcohol is never turned into fat, if it were alcoholics would be huge. Most true alcoholics are skinny. What alcohol does when you're on a diet is slow down the weight loss process while the alcohol is in your system. Your body will burn the alcohol for fuel before it burns fat. But it burns it very fast and the effect doesn't last very long. I have done both in the past, had diets with and without alcohol and have not noticed any difference in the weight loss. This only applies to pure grain alcohol, not beer and wine. So no I don't count the calories from alcohol when I'm dieting. As a doctor you will now say, oh Bob, you're such a fool. You have to count those calories. And I'm telling you from personal experience they don't matter. If you drink in moderation. Limiting calories from carbohydrates and fats is how you lose weight.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 5th, 2021 at 10:03:54 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Pure grain alcohol is neither here nor there when it comes to losing weight. Alcohol is never turned into fat, if it were alcoholics would be huge. Most true alcoholics are skinny. What alcohol does when you're on a diet is slow down the weight loss process while the alcohol is in your system. Your body will burn the alcohol for fuel before it burns fat. But it burns it very fast and the effect doesn't last very long. I have done both in the past, had diets with and without alcohol and have not noticed any difference in the weight loss. This only applies to pure grain alcohol, not beer and wine. So no I don't count the calories from alcohol when I'm dieting. As a doctor you will now say, oh Bob, you're such a fool. You have to count those calories. And I'm telling you from personal experience they don't matter. If you drink in moderation. Limiting calories from carbohydrates and fats is how you lose weight.

I agree with everything you say. Except you are not on an 800 calorie diet if you don’t count the calories from alcohol. ‘Burning the alcohol for fuel’ is proof that the calories count. So you are on a very successful 1000ish calorie a day diet. You probably eat healthier than any person I know.
November 5th, 2021 at 11:13:15 AM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: SOOPOO
I agree with everything you say. Except you are not on an 800 calorie diet if you don’t count the calories from alcohol..

If they don't matter, and they don't, I'm not going to count them. Just like I don't count the calories in celery or lettuce. They don't matter.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 5th, 2021 at 1:02:58 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
If you wait a few minutes I'll show you what I ate yesteday, or was it the day before?

November 5th, 2021 at 2:25:36 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: missedhervee
If you wait a few minutes I'll show you what I ate yesteday, or was it the day before?

You actually never show us what you eat you just criticize what I do. Being on the Left Coast I'm sure you keep the fast food restaurants in business
November 5th, 2021 at 3:43:29 PM permalink
Evenbob
I love Himalayan pink salt. It comes from the oldest salt mine in the world at the foot of the Himalayas in Pakistan. It's from an ocean that dried up millions of years ago. It's pink because it has 64 trace minerals in it. It also has less sodium than table salt. I just like the taste of it. Any salt that you eat that is mined comes from an ocean that dried up millions of years ago. But it's usually not pink. I like the big crystals so I can put it in a salt grinder.

The question was how long will this 5lb bag of salt last me. I weighed how much salt I used in the last 25 days and it was 8 grams per day. At that rate this bag will last me 9.5 months. The recommended amount of salt you should eat a day is 7 grams, so I'm just over that a bit.
November 5th, 2021 at 4:20:25 PM permalink
Evenbob
Sweet and savory French toast and poached chicken breast. This time I added some pickled jalapeno peppers to the sandwich. Bowl of homemade chicken soup made with a ton of fresh mushrooms celery and fresh spinach. Homemade croutons on top.

November 5th, 2021 at 4:48:54 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
You actually never show us what you eat ...

Of course I don't; why should I?

Your daily report on what you ate for dinner, coupled to a photo of same, is YOUR adventure in OCD-Land, not mine.
November 5th, 2021 at 5:11:49 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: missedhervee
Of course I don't; why should I?

Your daily report on what you ate for dinner, coupled to a photo of same, is YOUR adventure in OCD-Land, not mine.

It's actually a food diary. I use it all the time. I make so many different things that I can go back and look at what I was eating 2 months ago then I had forgotten about and make it again.