What I Ate Today

November 26th, 2021 at 5:27:21 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: missedhervee
Store bought or did you bag the bird yourself?

I don't go hunting and wild turkeys are almost inedible anyway/
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 27th, 2021 at 12:29:54 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
I was so glad tonight, I got to eat what I'd call my first real food in months. I had a Avocado mixed into scrambled egg on Rye bread with Philly cheese sandwich with enough butter to soggy up the toast. It was work to get it down, but I felt human eating it.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
November 27th, 2021 at 4:10:51 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: petroglyph
I was so glad tonight, I got to eat what I'd call my first real food in months. I had a Avocado mixed into scrambled egg on Rye bread with Philly cheese sandwich with enough butter to soggy up the toast. It was work to get it down, but I felt human eating it.

Congrats!

I don't know if anyone considers Walmart deli pizza's as real food but that was my dinner last night. We still don't have pots and pans to cook with. I have been in Florida for four days now and have charged $15,000 on credit cards yet we don't have any furniture yet. We are sleeping on a blow up air mattress. Shipping of items is taking a ridiculous amount of time. Our living room won't be here for 3 more weeks.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
November 27th, 2021 at 4:36:27 PM permalink
Evenbob
The sweet spot for Thanksgiving leftovers seems to be two days after Thanksgiving. The flavors of everything have reached their peak. Made a better gravy and it was a delicious plate.

If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 28th, 2021 at 5:00:06 PM permalink
Evenbob
Third meal Thanksgiving leftovers and they're all gone. Turkey and dressing hash, which is a real thing and lots of people have it after Thanksgiving. You fry the turkey and stuffing with onions green pepper and mushrooms and I added a half-and-half mixture of egg whites and heavy cream and let it get firm and it was really good. Totally different taste than it the regular way. With stuffing the third day after Thanksgiving is usually the best for stuffing, it was all I could do not to eat the stuff ing cold it was so good. The big fat oysters in it were especially tasty.

November 29th, 2021 at 4:11:33 PM permalink
Evenbob
Green bean casserole soup which is a real thing, I got the recipe off the internet.

November 30th, 2021 at 4:18:37 PM permalink
Evenbob
Hit a home run with this one. Chicken breast, broccoli, tomato stuffing also called in the South tomato pudding. Never made it before never even heard of it till yesterday. It's a poor people's Southern dish. It is sweet and savory at the same time. I made a peppercorn tomato sauce that really tied everything together. Great meal.

November 30th, 2021 at 7:25:24 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
If you watch any of this, you'll probably want to skip a meal.

You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 1st, 2021 at 5:26:28 PM permalink
Evenbob
I like one dish meals because there's only one dish to clean up,
I cooked dinner in it and ate dinner out of it. Put frozen salmon
filets in the dish add whole mushrooms slices of onion and a bag
of frozen cauliflower. Poured in a quart of my super secret super
delicious homemade marinara sauce and topped it with parm cheese.
Bake for over an hour was enough left over for tomorrow.

December 2nd, 2021 at 6:56:20 PM permalink
Evenbob
Sometimes I amaze myself. I took the bread pudding/stuffing from
two days ago and mixed it with some liquid egg whites hit it with
the stick blender and nade batter out of it. Added some
cinnamon and vanilla and made waffles out of it.
Fried eggs and the egg white omelet on top. Good stuff.