Advantage Player? Or Scum?

Page 1 of 51234>Last »
October 25th, 2019 at 12:02:10 PM permalink
KNathan
Threads: 37
On Wizard's Livestream yesterday, a fan of Wizard confessed that they signed up for food apps and claimed their Birthday was October 22nd in order to get free food... when their Birthday is really in March. They admitted that they got free food twice. One for signup and one for "Birthday,". Advantage Player or Scum?
October 25th, 2019 at 12:06:57 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Did you do your penance yet? I'll accept it in written form, as long as you type it yourself, as opposed to copy and paste. The Man in the Sky is watching.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
October 25th, 2019 at 12:09:48 PM permalink
KNathan
Quote: Wizard
Did you do your penance yet? I'll accept it in written form, as long as you type it yourself, as opposed to copy and paste. The Man in the Sky is watching.

Okay, okay, I'll tell the real truth! It was me who asked that question! :) :\ My penance was to say Hail Mary and Holy Father or something like that... :)
October 25th, 2019 at 5:07:58 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: KNathan
Okay, okay, I'll tell the real truth! It was me who asked that question! :) :\ My penance was to say Hail Mary and Holy Father or something like that... :)

You have to recite the entire prayers. Those are just the titles of them.

However, Father Michael says he will yield to FrGamble, if he thinks another penance is more appropriate.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
October 25th, 2019 at 5:52:17 PM permalink
KNathan
Quote: Wizard
You have to recite the entire prayers. Those are just the titles of them.

However, Father Michael says he will yield to FrGamble, if he thinks another penance is more appropriate.

LMAO! :D I'm probably going to have to say a few extra Hail Marys and Holy Fathers for my other food and drink "Sins." ...;)
October 27th, 2019 at 6:19:08 PM permalink
KNathan
I asked this question on other websites and didn't mention it was me who did it. The responses were something like, "Fraudulent, deceitful liar," "Scam Artist/Thief/Scum. ," "Desperate or dishonest," "Cheater, Scum, Deadbeat. "Good luck getting free food on actual birthday in March." "This person deserves to be sent to a Penal Colony".

Other responses were like,"I don't see anything wrong with putting fake birthday to get free food. "People need to lighten up, this isn't that serious. "
October 28th, 2019 at 8:19:04 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
This is not something that I would do for a free meal but if I was poor, desperate, and hungry I would probably do it.

I have an issue with lying for something that isn't significant to me. Another poster said that they signed up for a class action suit even though they were not affected by the suit just so they could try and claim the $100 payout. I would never do that because $100 wouldn't affect me enough to lie for $100. If it was more significant to me my ethics would probably go out the window.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
October 28th, 2019 at 9:31:43 AM permalink
OnceDear
Threads: 11
Advantage Player or Scum?
Since you specifically asked... I believe it is a very lame and dishonorable advantage play.. I would not call that person an advantage player even though technically she played an advantage. I believe that KN looks up to advantage players and aspires to be one. I suggest this is not the best way. The person in question seems to have lied, so can I call her a liar? By revealing that that anonymous person is yourself, you render me disallowed from calling that person a liar, here.

I wouldn't call her 'Scum' because that would surely be a very strong personal insult and maybe she could justify her lying by being hungry or ignorant of the wrongness of her deceit.. Maybe she's learning.

Judge for yourself what that person should be called.
October 28th, 2019 at 9:36:54 AM permalink
OnceDear
Threads: 11
I asked this question on other websites and didn't mention it was me who did it. The responses were something like, "Fraudulent, deceitful liar," "Scam Artist/Thief/Scum. ," "Desperate or dishonest," "Cheater, Scum, Deadbeat. "Good luck getting free food on actual birthday in March." "This person deserves to be sent to a Penal Colony".

Other responses were like,"I don't see anything wrong with putting fake birthday to get free food. "People need to lighten up, this isn't that serious. "

Posting the original question is like admitting that robbing a blind old lady might be an advantage play, or that lying just because you can get away with it is acceptable: A good way to get shunned by decent (and even less decent than average) society.
October 28th, 2019 at 11:47:40 AM permalink
KNathan
Quote: OnceDear
Posting the original question is like admitting that robbing a blind old lady might be an advantage play, or that lying just because you can get away with it is acceptable: A good way to get shunned by decent (and even less decent than average) society.

At least one person said that I, err... This person deserves to be sent to a Penal Colony! A Penal Colony! LMAO! :D. No wonder a poster responded after the
Penal Colony post, "People are taking this way too seriously. Lighten up!" ;)
Page 1 of 51234>Last »