the Gay NBA.

Page 2 of 2<12
May 4th, 2013 at 11:15:39 AM permalink
MakingBook
Threads: 1
NBA players are notorious for fathering multiple children with multiple women. The amount of money they spend for child support and alimony is substantial.

From a financial perspective, homosexuality is definitely recommended for any NBA player.
May 6th, 2013 at 2:02:42 PM permalink
Hunterhill
Threads: 0
How do you think this will go over in the locker room. Will some players be uncomfortable in the showers etc,with an openly gay player or is this a non issue?
May 6th, 2013 at 2:13:41 PM permalink
MakingBook
Quote: Hunterhill
How do you think this will go over in the locker room. Will some players be uncomfortable in the showers etc,with an openly gay player or is this a non issue?

A non issue, at least for me. I would judge the guy as a teammate, straight or otherwise.

I never heard of Jason Collins before the "coming out." Checked his stats, and they suck. Perhaps this is an effort to remain a player in the NBA. Now if he is cut, he can cry that it was because he is gay.
May 6th, 2013 at 2:28:06 PM permalink
Hunterhill
Threads: 0
Quote: MakingBook
A non issue, at least for me. I would judge the guy as a teammate, straight or otherwise.

I never heard of Jason Collins before the "coming out." Checked his stats, and they suck. Perhaps this is an effort to remain a player in the NBA. Now if he is cut, he can cry that it was because he is gay.
He has made 30 million over his 12 year career. I saw an analysis that said he had a 30% chance of making a team next year,so gay or not his chances were not that good.
May 6th, 2013 at 3:43:11 PM permalink
MakingBook
He has made 30 million over his 12 year career. I saw an analysis that said he had a 30% chance of making a team next year,so gay or not his chances were not that good.

If I were an owner, I would like to have Mr Collins on my team. Any businessman that ignores the gay community is an idiot.
May 6th, 2013 at 4:21:23 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Quote: MakingBook
NBA players are notorious for fathering multiple children with multiple women. The amount of money they spend for child support and alimony is substantial.

From a financial perspective, homosexuality is definitely recommended for any NBA player.

I heard an interview that left me both inspired and disgusted at the same time.

It was one of his teammates. He said that he can play with, hang with, and be totally normal around Collins, but his Christian values could never accept his lifestyle. It didn’t mean he couldn’t work with the guy or even be friends with him, but he would never condone or accept Collins’ lifestyle.

I was inspired by his tolerance, but disgusted by his hypocrisy. What about the hundreds of other players who lack Christian moral character? Nope, no comment on that. But dudes touching other dudes? Nah man, crossed the line.

Pfft.
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
May 7th, 2013 at 8:56:56 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068

I would think most adult men don't worry about stuff anymore.
Page 2 of 2<12