Minimum wage

Page 2 of 12<12345>Last »
November 23rd, 2019 at 5:39:10 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: SOOPOO
I live in NY. As soon as the Democrats took control of all 3 powers of government last year, many totally bizarre‘progressive laws were enacted. I think within a year or so MW Afro FF workers will be $15. I’m not good at finding sources to quote. Google it and you will find it.

It appears NYC as a City has a local law that makes Fast Food workers guaranteed 15 an hour. The defintion of what defines a fast food establishment is pretty obtuse.... This is pretty bizarre....

NY State will have a 15 minimum for all jobs statewide by 2021.

"All fast food workers in New York City must make at least $15.00 an hour. For the rest of the state outside of New York City, minimum wage rates will increase annually until they reach $15.00 in the middle of 2021."
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://labor.ny.gov/formsdocs/factsheets/pdfs/p716.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwjCl6782YHmAhVuTd8KHWxWBPgQFjABegQIDxAG&usg=AOvVaw25pjIDW_pvWeqOnyGXwssS

WHAT IS A FAST FOOD ESTABLISHMENT?
A fast food establishment is any business that meets the
following criteria:
• Primarily serves food or drinks, including coffee shops,
juice bars, donut shops, and ice cream parlors
• Offers limited service, where customers order and pay
before eating, including restaurants with tables but
without full table service, and places that only provide
take-out service
• Is part of a chain of 30 or more locations, including
individually owned establishments associated with a
brand that has 30 or more locations nationally
November 23rd, 2019 at 5:58:48 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
I have a friend that has worked at Taco Bell since he was 16. He is now 52. He has worked his way through the ranks and is a regional manager. If I had to guess he probably makes $120,000.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
November 23rd, 2019 at 8:23:51 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: DRich
I have a friend that has worked at Taco Bell since he was 16. He is now 52. He has worked his way through the ranks and is a regional manager. If I had to guess he probably makes $120,000.
So we went without the meat and cursed the bread; and one fine night Richard Corey went home and put a bullet through his head.

History degree? Sheepskin Psychosis. Sign on employer's wall: Ditch diggers wanted. No PhDs will be hired.

Planera Plateau? Better than nothing but how much of his money will go to drugs and alcohol when he realizes he is firmly glued to that mole hill and his old flame's biological clock sounded long, long ago.

didn't taco bell just file for bankruptcy? how many regional managers will they need now?
November 23rd, 2019 at 8:34:09 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: Fleastiff
So we went without the meat and cursed the bread; and one fine night Richard Corey went home and put a bullet through his head.

History degree? Sheepskin Psychosis. Sign on employer's wall: Ditch diggers wanted. No PhDs will be hired.

Planera Plateau? Better than nothing but how much of his money will go to drugs and alcohol when he realizes he is firmly glued to that mole hill and his old flame's biological clock sounded long, long ago.

didn't taco bell just file for bankruptcy? how many regional managers will they need now?

That is another rumor that pops up every few years.... The fake meat meme /email and closing rumor that has been going around once again recently.

It one of those online email fowards that just won't stop.....

https://www.google.com/amp/s/rare.us/rare-life/food-and-drink/taco-bell-closing/amp/

"Fast food chain, Taco Bell is closing. Like most internet gossip, this did not coming from a “credible” source. Turns out the whole situation was the doing of an article from a fictional site called Weekly World News. Their slogan is “The World’s Only Reliable News”, except in all caps. It’s a super real site."
November 23rd, 2019 at 8:51:36 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quite the opposite they are hosting hiring parties based on new adventurous menus and alcohol sales. Only buffalo taco bell actually filed and that waseons ago.
November 23rd, 2019 at 9:19:24 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Fleastiff

""Taco Bell is ringing the closing bell at some restaurants. .... The chain recently filed for bankruptcy,"

They're owned by the same
people who own Pizza Hut
and KFC.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 24th, 2019 at 5:37:07 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: DRich

I think it was Taco Bell but might have been one of the other at-the-time YUM brands. He was there when Pepsico spun it off. He was my regional manager.

Even store manager there is no cakewalk. Never was. Once on a bid in Buffalo I met the guy ran the McDonald's nearest me when I was a kid. Go figure dem odds. Deligatti (inventor of Big Mac and breakfast idea at MCD) paid him $40,000 a year in the early 70s to run the place.

Think on it. You have 20-40 non-management employees in most cases and you need to hire 80-100 per year to stay fully staffed. As anyone who knows anything about this kind of place will tell you, some will be great and need little supervision and some will be rim-of-life people who need to be told every little thing. Most are just passing thru and will last less than a year. You do not have an HR department to send you a stream of people, it is on you to find them. You have to handle all kinds of issues. This is more than some chick with an HR degree who does initial interviews will ever get to experience.

Then people who go beyond either work up line in regional or go staff and there are all kinds of staff jobs to be done.

I respect it more than a History degree.
The President is a fink.
November 24th, 2019 at 11:23:28 AM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: AZDuffman

I respect it more than a History degree.

I knew a guy in the early 70's
who had a teaching history
teaching degree and never
found a job for years. When
he finally did, the pay was so
poor he started a sheet rock
business and now has 40
employee;s.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 24th, 2019 at 12:19:47 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Quote: SOOPOO

My main point is it is easy at 21 with a roomie to make ends meet on the present artificially high MW. But that once life comes your way (no roomie, car breaks down, appendix bursts, a kid!, etc... ) then that ‘good’ Panera job ain’t good anymore.

The fake high MW, which overvalues low end work, misleads young people. I truly believe that my younger son, by working a summer at Walmart, seeing how little he actually made, learned a valuable lesson.

I know a guy, about 60. Still balls with the chil'run, believe it or don't. I feel it would do him good to get kneecapped. I mean, ballin' is no future; the future is osteoporosis and heart disease. Maybe a cappin'... that forced rehab may help him. Maybe it would give him appreciation and encourage planning for the future. He's got it good now, sure... but I feel he needs to be upended. For his own good.

I know that's not your point, but it's been two days and it's still all I can hear.
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
November 24th, 2019 at 12:24:23 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: Face
I know a guy, about 60. Still balls with the chil'run,

He plays ball with kids? He has
sex with kids, as in 'you wanna
ball'. I don't get it.
Page 2 of 12<12345>Last »