Issue for the 2020s -- fertility rate

January 6th, 2021 at 4:41:03 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: AZDuffman
Interesting video on fertility rate. One important part says millennial fertility rate at the moment is about 1.0. That is South Korea level and a real "WOW!"

For Wiz old footage of SS cards being printed up.

I think that is a good thing. More people equates to more problems and more suffering.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
January 6th, 2021 at 4:45:10 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: DRich
Interesting video on fertility rate. One important part says millennial fertility rate at the moment is about 1.0. That is South Korea level and a real "WOW!"

For Wiz old footage of SS cards being printed up.

I think that is a good thing. More people equates to more problems and more suffering.

Birthrate going down means more room for immigrants :-)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
May 5th, 2021 at 2:36:25 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
China likely lost population in 2020! About 5-6 years faster than projected, but these population declines seem to always come faster than projected.

The President is a fink.
August 13th, 2021 at 6:06:02 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Early census numbers out, two things stand out.

White population outright declined even if by only about 16,000.

52% of counties lost population.

As most counties are rural and most of the rural population is whiter than the rest the two trends are related. I will ask Wizard if the crash in the fertility rate starting at the 2008 financial crisis is coming home to roost already. But the oldest boomers were 64 at the start of the decade and 74 at the end. Life expectancy is going to start giving a reverse now that they are right in the sweet spot.

Look for the mainstream media to be giddy over this news.

Expect housing costs in cities to keep rising as this shows even more consolidation to city living.
The President is a fink.
August 13th, 2021 at 11:16:51 AM permalink
JimRockford
Threads: 2
Early census numbers out, two things stand out.

White population outright declined even if by only about 16,000.

52% of counties lost population.

As most counties are rural and most of the rural population is whiter than the rest the two trends are related. I will ask Wizard if the crash in the fertility rate starting at the 2008 financial crisis is coming home to roost already. But the oldest boomers were 64 at the start of the decade and 74 at the end. Life expectancy is going to start giving a reverse now that they are right in the sweet spot.

Look for the mainstream media to be giddy over this news.

Expect housing costs in cities to keep rising as this shows even more consolidation to city living.

The number of Americans who call themselves multiracial more than tripled in the past 10 years, from 9 million to 33.8 million. While the proportion of white population continued to decline it might look more dramatic than it is because of people that previously called themselves white now calling themselves multiracial.
The mind hungers for that on which it feeds.
August 13th, 2021 at 11:40:03 AM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
What if a person has equal amounts of negro and caucasian genes, are they white or black, and who makes the call?

Obama identified as black but acted white.
August 13th, 2021 at 1:06:09 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: missedhervee

What exactly does that mean?
The President is a fink.
August 13th, 2021 at 1:08:04 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: JimRockford
The number of Americans who call themselves multiracial more than tripled in the past 10 years, from 9 million to 33.8 million. While the proportion of white population continued to decline it might look more dramatic than it is because of people that previously called themselves white now calling themselves multiracial.

That could be the case. The media has made it "cool" to be multi-racial to the point I have seen people think they are better than people who are not. But we still have the elephant in the room, the Boomers hitting the age to die out. Match that with the younger white generation wanting kids far less and there you have it.
The President is a fink.
August 13th, 2021 at 1:12:37 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: missedhervee
What if a person has equal amounts of negro and caucasian genes, are they white or black, and who makes the call?

Who cares? They are a person why do we need to label anyone?
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
August 13th, 2021 at 1:15:37 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
What exactly does that mean?

It means he dressed, spoke and acted like a well educated, well heeled white guy unless his audience was black.

The media considered himself black due to black blood, but as he was half negro and half caucasian I don't see why he should be identified as black as he was equally white.

He's a mulatto, but for reasons unclear the media and common usage avoids using this term.

I wonder why?