The 2010s, a decade full of immense progress.

Page 3 of 9<123456>Last »
January 11th, 2020 at 2:54:57 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: AZDuffman
It would be BS if you chose to be Black. You choose who you want as a mate.

Nobody chooses who they are sexually attracted to....
January 11th, 2020 at 3:03:32 AM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Quote: Gandler
For much of history gays were restricted from many jobs and positions, military, boy scouts, many private jobs that did not want gays, many religious positions....
Notice how the libbie is doing a bait and switch?

This is what he initially said:
Before 10 years ago not many rights

Sorry, but you do NOT have a "right" to a job, you do NOT have a "right" to be in the military, you do NOT have a "right" to be a Boy Scout, etc.

Now watch him totally ignore what I said like I didn't even say it. 🙄
January 11th, 2020 at 3:06:30 AM permalink
Shrek
You choose who you want as a mate.
Nobody chooses who they are sexually attracted to....

Again, notice the bait and switch?

AZ specifically said "You choose who you want as a mate", which is totally true. The libbie totally ignored this like he didn't even say it. 🙄
January 11th, 2020 at 3:29:10 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
It would be BS if you chose to be Black. You choose who you want as a mate.

Not according to you. You have to marry the opposite sex according to you.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 11th, 2020 at 4:49:20 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
For much of history gays were restricted from many jobs and positions, military, boy scouts, many private jobs that did not want gays, many religious positions....

The idea that gay people had full accsess to everything straight people did is absurd.

In fact until very recently they were probably the most discriminated group which is why the 2010s were so important to propel America into the future.

Not "religious reasons," but practical reasons. Have you not seen the abuse of Boy Scouts by gay scoutmasters? Have you heard of Jerry Sandusky? Pat Patterson? Let me ask you, should straight males be allowed intimate contact with teenage females?

Please in the future put this kind of thread in the Gay section. Gays requested it and that is what it is there for. I thought it would be a nice little discussion about upcoming trends in the 2020s. Just another homophile thread.

BLOCKED.
The President is a fink.
January 11th, 2020 at 9:10:54 AM permalink
Gandler
Not "religious reasons," but practical reasons. Have you not seen the abuse of Boy Scouts by gay scoutmasters? Have you heard of Jerry Sandusky? Pat Patterson? Let me ask you, should straight males be allowed intimate contact with teenage females?

Please in the future put this kind of thread in the Gay section. Gays requested it and that is what it is there for. I thought it would be a nice little discussion about upcoming trends in the 2020s. Just another homophile thread.

BLOCKED.

Ummmmmmmmmmm

This is the Gay Section........... And, has always been in this section....

"Born This Way"...........

Don't come into the Gay section and then complain about gay discussion in the gay section....

Also, as an Eagle Scout I can tell you, abuse has vastly decreased since gays have been allowed to be open. This is probably mostly due to increased enforcement and polices such as no leader being allowed to be alone with any scout, but non the less, there is a positive correlation of less abuse since gays were allowed to be open....

I dont know much about Sandusky or Paterson. I am 90% sure Sandusky was/is straight married though....
January 11th, 2020 at 9:25:15 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Ummmmmmmmmmm

This is the Gay Section........... And, has always been in this section....

"Born This Way"...........

Don't come into the Gay section and then complain about gay discussion in the gay section....

Also, as an Eagle Scout I can tell you, abuse has vastly decreased since gays have been allowed to be open. This is probably mostly due to increased enforcement and polices such as no leader being allowed to be alone with any scout, but non the less, there is a positive correlation of less abuse since gays were allowed to be open....

I dont know much about Sandusky or Paterson. I am 90% sure Sandusky was/is straight married though....

I think what AZ means is that there is a specific thread here on DT called "The gay thread". And that he was looking for other issues from the 2010's to discuss on this thread.

I take issue with your statement "abuse has vastly decreased since gays have allowed to be open". You know this how? And even if true, you know that it is not just a coincidence? You yourself mention a few possible alternative explanations.
January 11th, 2020 at 10:09:03 AM permalink
Gandler
Quote: SOOPOO
I think what AZ means is that there is a specific thread here on DT called "The gay thread". And that he was looking for other issues from the 2010's to discuss on this thread.

I take issue with your statement "abuse has vastly decreased since gays have allowed to be open". You know this how? And even if true, you know that it is not just a coincidence? You yourself mention a few possible alternative explanations.

Also as of 2008 all leaders must go through background checks (before that only new leaders had to around 2004ish I think, so a lot of old school people were grandfathered in to avoid the checks, but the 2008 rule changed that), this also happened shortly before gay people were allowed in. Did this and the other policy changes (enforcement, placement rules, etc...) do more to stop abuse than allowing gays in ? Probably.

But, the fact still stands is more (openly) gay scouts and abuse is decreasing.....

Also, the gay thread is more of an anti-gay thread.... It is basically a place for all of the social cons to rail about truck stop conspiracies....

In recent years abuse is down.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-news/boy-scouts-sexual-abuse-perversion-files-825608/amp/

And, if you look at the history of abuse, the council knew the abusers, and kept files on them, but did not press charges or get rid of them, they covered, very similar for the Catholic Church. They did not care about pedophiles, they only cared about their image (so ban gays, but dont prosecute pedophiles.....) It never was a gay issue, it was a pedophile issue....
January 11th, 2020 at 11:54:22 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Also as of 2008 all leaders must go through background checks (before that only new leaders had to around 2004ish I think, so a lot of old school people were grandfathered in to avoid the checks, but the 2008 rule changed that), this also happened shortly before gay people were allowed in. Did this and the other policy changes (enforcement, placement rules, etc...) do more to stop abuse than allowing gays in ? Probably.

But, the fact still stands is more (openly) gay scouts and abuse is decreasing.....

Also, the gay thread is more of an anti-gay thread.... It is basically a place for all of the social cons to rail about truck stop conspiracies....

In recent years abuse is down.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-news/boy-scouts-sexual-abuse-perversion-files-825608/amp/

And, if you look at the history of abuse, the council knew the abusers, and kept files on them, but did not press charges or get rid of them, they covered, very similar for the Catholic Church. They did not care about pedophiles, they only cared about their image (so ban gays, but dont prosecute pedophiles.....) It never was a gay issue, it was a pedophile issue....

yeah.... I know being gay does not make you a pedophile, just as being a straight man does not make you a molester of young girls.
But you would never think of letting a straight man in the locker room with the girls swimming team. But you would let a gay man in the locker room with the boys swimming team. I see the two as analagous.
January 11th, 2020 at 12:16:44 PM permalink
Shrek
Quote: SOOPOO
But you would never think of letting a straight man in the locker room with the girls swimming team. But you would let a gay man in the locker room with the boys swimming team. I see the two as analagous.

Exactly. This is another example of how gays want special treatment. Like if I'm the parent of a young boy who's on a swimming team, there's no way in hell I'd want him to be around a gay guy in the locker room. Just like if I'm the parent of a young girl on a swimming team, there's no way in hell I'd want her to be around a regular guy in the locker room.
Page 3 of 9<123456>Last »