1 vote (8.33%)
No votes (0%)

12 members have voted

January 16th, 2020 at 3:46:43 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: AZDuffman
I am going by the usage I have heard.

You do that - and the rest of us will continue to go by the *correct* usage.

Quote:
pe·do·phile
/ˈpedəˌfīl/
noun
a person who is sexually attracted to children.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
January 16th, 2020 at 4:48:05 AM permalink
KNathan
Threads: 37
I am going by the usage I have heard. It does not matter because the issue is a poster called other posters "pedophiles" because he could not intellectually make a point. And another poster has the position that the night before a male's 18th birthday is somehow different than the morning after in regards to the pedophile's motives.

I am just filing the attack under "some animals are more equal than others" and moving on.

IIRC, an 18 year old boy was sent to prison for allowing his 17 year old girlfriend to give him a sexual favor on his 18th birthday! O.O. Literally, just one day prior it would have been legal!
January 16th, 2020 at 5:53:26 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
"New photos uncovered by 60 Minutes reveal billionaire pedophile Jeffrey Epstein’s face of death and the torn sheet of prison linen he allegedly used to kill himself."

https://torontosun.com/news/world/shocking-photos-show-pedophile-jeffrey-epstein-in-death

"The ‘sex slave’ scandal that exposed pedophile billionaire Jeffrey Epstein"

https://nypost.com/2016/10/09/the-sex-slave-scandal-that-exposed-pedophile-billionaire-jeffrey-epstein/

The world pedophile is often used to describe Epstein and others of his ilk. Pedophile appears to apply to sexual predators of both young girls and boys.

One can decide to use the term to describe one type of sexual predator and not another, but that doesn't change the fact that it is correctly used to describe people who are sexually attracted to children.

Anyone here who used that term to describe another member should be suspended and perhaps barred for life. It is not a descriptive one should use just because they don't like someone.
January 16th, 2020 at 5:58:07 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: Shrek
Funny how you're defending someone who called other members "pedophiles". Oh well........... 🙄

I am not "defending" anything; I have not read every instance of a person being suspended for an old comment. I'll put it this way, I just stated that calling someone a pedophile should perhaps result in a suspension (and a longer than normal one) or a ban of that person. If it was anything less heinous than that, send the offender a PM and call it a day.
January 17th, 2020 at 1:25:08 AM permalink
KNathan
I've got a smart idea. Have Suspensions given for insults ONLY if the recipient feels insulted. For example, a poster posted a GIF of a man in a straitjacket as a reply to one of my threads. The perceived notion was that he was implying that I was crazy. A certain Admin asked me if I thought the Straitjacket GIF was insulting to me and if I wanted that person suspended for a personal insult. The Admin thought the GIF was insulting to me but he put the ball in my court. I didn't find the GIF insulting, I found it amusing. I told the Admin I didn't find the Straitjacket GIF insulting and told him I didn't want the guy suspended. The Admin heeded what I said and didn't suspend the guy. :) The guy admitted himself he wasn't implying that I was crazy, he was lightheartedly making a reference to how closeknit the Forum is. :)

Another Poster made a lighthearted Roast that could have come off as insulting, and the recipient lightly pretended to be mad. The recipient then went on a flight(Therefore not having any internet access for a few hours until he landed due to Airplane Mode). He mentioned he knew that the lighthearted Roast was just good natured banter and that he wasn't really insulted, just lightheartedly pretended to be insulted. He mentioned there could have been a real possibility of inadvertently getting his good Friend Suspended if Admins took it seriously for something that was just good natured banter and he would have had no idea his Friend was suspended until a few hours later.

I had an Admin suspend someone because they felt they were insulting me(This Admin did not ask me beforehand if I felt insulted). I mentioned I didn't feel insulted at all and asked that the person be reinstated immediately, but for some odd reason, the person had to serve the full Suspension despite me mentioning I didn't feel insulted at all.

I feel that waiting for the "Insulted," to say that they felt insulted or asking them beforehand if they feel insulted should be proper protocol before issuing suspensions for insults.
January 17th, 2020 at 8:39:32 AM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83
Pedophile = male that goes after underage males. If a male goes after underage females he is simply a molester. I have never heard of a male going after young females called "pedophile."

January 17th, 2020 at 6:39:19 PM permalink
KNathan
I feel like like Restricted Members should have their names in black. :) On another Gambling website, Admins are RED, which is confusing if you are used to WOV or DT. ;) Black is the color of nothing, which fits for a Suspended or banned Member. ;)
January 17th, 2020 at 7:28:40 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: aceofspades

Totally wrong, not the modern medical or psychological addiction at all.

Medical Definition of pedophilia

: sexual perversion in which children are the preferred sexual object specifically : a psychiatric disorder in which an adult has sexual fantasies about or engages in sexual acts with a prepubescent child.
Page 5 of 5« First<2345