Quote: Evenbob

He lives in a 5 house compound
in FL. His personal car is a $450,000
Maybach 57 S. He has a garage
with 7 $250,000 Maybach's for
guests to drive, at least one is
a Maybach limo. He has a $57
mil Gulfstream.

The guy really started living better when he left for Florida about 1996. I remember the time because I ironically moved to Albany about the same time. You stopped hearing "From the EIB Building!" when he would broadcast. His golf trips he talked about seemed impossible from NY even on his own jet. Slowly he let on he moved to Florida.

It is weird realizing you have listened for like 25 years. Places lived, jobs had, all of it. But the show has been around.
The President is a fink.
July 6th, 2020 at 6:47:13 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: rxwine
4th stage survival at 5 years is around 10%. I'd assume he's paying for top dollar care, although likely he had a platinum level plan if he even had one.
What does top dollar care consist of other than cut, burn and poison?

It would be interesting for some, to see what kind of treatments the rich get versus the middle class with decent insurance.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
July 6th, 2020 at 7:42:20 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: petroglyph
What does top dollar care consist of other than cut, burn and poison?

His hands don't shake from alcohol problems, and he has more than one working eye.

or this

Quote:
the price tag for two recently approved CAR-T cell drugs -- one is $373,000 for a single dose, the other $475,000 -- are benchmarks on the road to ever-higher cancer drug price tags.
“The one truth about cancer drugs is that prices are always higher than they were the year before,” says Bach, director of the Drug Pricing Lab at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center in New York.

No doubt, there's some fancier medical equipment. Has lots of experience. And so forth. Nurses are prettier.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 6th, 2020 at 8:02:56 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: rxwine
His hands don't shake from alcohol problems, and he has more than one working eye.

or this

No doubt, there's some fancier medical equipment. Has lots of experience. And so forth. Nurses are prettier.
Good deal, the old stuff was miserable.

There are indeed some real "lookers" in professional medicine.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
July 6th, 2020 at 8:26:45 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
"the price tag for two recently approved CAR-T cell drugs -- one is $373,000 for a single dose, the other $475,000 -- are benchmarks on the road to ever-higher cancer drug price tags."

You can bet that's what Rush is
doing. The first 2 programs
failed miserably, this is the 3rd.
Spare no expense, cash talks
and always has, especially with
doctors. It's no accident that
ex presidents live a very long
time. Carter is still alive, Bush
was in his 90's.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
April 19th, 2022 at 10:59:49 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29

This is so true.

Rush has absolutely no legacy other than being a rich, pull-popping dickhead.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
April 19th, 2022 at 12:41:32 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
I didn't know that Rush was dead,
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
April 19th, 2022 at 1:40:35 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: ams288

This is so true.

Rush has absolutely no legacy other than being a rich, pull-popping dickhead.

Didn't some cartoon guy succeed him
Telling
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
April 19th, 2022 at 2:14:56 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
I actually listen to a fair amount of conservative radio (or at least used to and occasionally still do), I like talk radio in general (and many shows are conservative).

Rush Limbaugh never impressed me. Just not an engrossing speaker. And, not many interesting stories.

Michael Savage has always impressed me (even if I think he is crazy politically), but he is a great speaker, and excellent story-teller (I have even read some of his books, which are actually decent, especially his non-political books). I think this has to do with his eclectic background, and having a PhD in Anthropology so he actually has a decent cultural understanding. Many of the other popular radio hosts are lawyers, which is fine, but generally less interesting than somebody whose career before radio was travelling the world and studying local diets in remote places.

Rush Limbaugh is kind of the exception in conservative radio, he dropped out of college and has worked in radio since his teens. Which I guess is good for being good at radio, but it certainly puts you in a bubble as far as life experience. And, that also explains why he is just not that interesting, he show literally feels like empty conservative talking points with no substance. He just feels like an announcer reading bullet points....

I don't know why he was so popular, even in the spectrum of conservative radio he just never did anything for me, just bland.....
Versus a show like Michael Savage where one night he can talk for two hours about living with some tribe in a remote island in the 70s in an absolutely interesting way, or a long story about his time working at Timothy Leary's LSD compound, and you can completely forget you are listening to a conservative show.

-I mean Rush Limbaugh's prescription drug addiction is about the most interesting life experience that I can think of, and you can only talk about that so much-
April 19th, 2022 at 2:20:58 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Gandler

I don't know why he was so popular

No doubt. You still wouldn't get it if somebody tried to explain it to you. So nobody's going to try.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
Page 16 of 18« First<131415161718>