1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

February 27th, 2020 at 5:56:58 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: terapined
I'm amazed at the difference in conservative response to ebola and Coronavirus
Ebola does not spread easily and righties on this board and foxnews were completely freaking out
Coronavirus spreads so easily, Japan just shut down their school system , and conservatives are saying to remain calm
Too funny
There is no doubt the stock market is reacting to the reality of this virus doing damage to the world economy
I was not personally concerned with ebola. This virus, I am extremely concerned and rightfully so

We should remain calm. Why would it be better to panic?

We should treat it seriously.

The market is reacting and it will react as long as the virus is spreading in the short term. Good news will have it go up; bad news will cause it to drop.

I am concerned about this virus, but I am not ready to panic and cancel travel plans.

My hope is that if it just isn't going to disappear (it won't) the spring does, as with the flu, reduce the number of cases so that the work going on to study it and work on a vaccine and other options can be done before too many people are impacted. If it does follow that pattern, it will be back...so, hopefully, we will be more ready for it.
February 27th, 2020 at 6:21:53 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
In August, 2019 Canada launched an investigation into China’s Biological Espionage. Experts wanted to know why Canada was sending lethal viruses to China.

Twitter recently permanently banned Zero Hedge, and accused the site of advancing the conspiracy theory that the Chinese stole the virus from a Canadian lab and were trying to turn it into a bio-weapon for which only they would have the cure.

They followed this with a second article that included a paper published by Indian scientists who claimed the virus contains ‘HIV Insertions’.

"This uncanny similarity of novel inserts in the 2019- nCoV spike protein to HIV-1 gp120 and Gag is unlikely to be fortuitous in nature," meaning - it was unlikely to have occurred naturally.

Days later, the Indian scientists retracted their paper after critics said their findings were rushed and untrue.

Turns out they were correct about the HIV proteins.

Today, the South China Morning Post published an article saying researchers in China’s Nankai University found the virus has a ‘mutated’ gene similar to those found in HIV and Ebola.

"However, since the scientists did not make the scandalous claim that Chinese scientists had created an airborne version of HIV, but instead blamed a mutation, they will likely not be forced to retract it,.." Zero Hedge

“When looking at the genome sequence of the new coronavirus... (scientists) found section of mutated genes that did not exist in SARS, but were similar to those found in HIV and Ebola.”- Dr. Eric Feigl-Ding

A woman in Japan who recovered from the virus in January has tested positive a second time.
February 27th, 2020 at 7:46:04 AM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: Shrek
Can we send that virus to San Francisco, New York, LA, and every other libbie infested city? 😂😂

Hate speech. 30-day suspension.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
February 27th, 2020 at 9:15:26 AM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Quote: AZDuffman
No bet but probably less than 100.

Quote: AZDuffman
I am very relieved we have Trump in charge.

Quoting for posterity.

Our CDC budget slashing, anti- vax president who just put his science denying veep in charge of the issue is gonna keep a hyped version of a disease that regularly kills tens of thousands Americans to less than 100.

Not even Don Draper could write a better ad for progressivism.
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
February 27th, 2020 at 10:29:46 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: Wizard
Hate speech. 30-day suspension.

Interesting. Is rooting for SPECIFIC large numbers of famous conservatives to die not hate speech? Planning celebrations on their deaths?

The above for which you suspended Shrek for is more certainly more tongue in cheek than the hundreds of posts here wishing ill to specific conservatives/republicans.

Be honest. You just don't like Shrek?
February 27th, 2020 at 10:34:06 AM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Quote: SOOPOO
Interesting. Is rooting for SPECIFIC large numbers of famous conservatives to die not hate speech? Planning celebrations on their deaths?

The above for which you suspended Shrek for is more certainly more tongue in cheek than the hundreds of posts here wishing ill to specific conservatives/republicans.

I am open to considering any specific post I may have overlooked.

However, I definite hate speech as wishing/advocating harm or death to general groups of people, including, but not limited to, classification by nationality, race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation.
February 27th, 2020 at 10:41:08 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: Wizard
I am open to considering any specific post I may have overlooked.

However, I definite hate speech as wishing/advocating harm or death to general groups of people, including, but not limited to, classification by nationality, race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation.

Not from me. Too taxing to find them all. I think fleaswatter might have done a compilation. Since you have included the word 'politics' in there you might be doling out a bunch of suspensions soon.

If I was the boss, none of the posts I am talking about would be suspension worthy, but neither would the Shrek post. You the boss..... you make the rules.....
February 27th, 2020 at 10:45:25 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Face
Quoting for posterity.

Our CDC budget slashing, anti- vax president who just put his science denying veep in charge of the issue is gonna keep a hyped version of a disease that regularly kills tens of thousands Americans to less than 100.

Not even Don Draper could write a better ad for progressivism.

CDC “slashing?” I doubt it. Cuts happen. The CDC is so well funded they had the money to study death by non-diseases like gun deaths. That alone means they needed cure.

By “anti vaccine” do you mean he is keeping people from getting vaxed? Or just allowing my body my choice freedom?

What science is Pence denying?

How can a new disease “regularly kill tens of thousands?”
The President is a fink.
February 27th, 2020 at 11:30:02 AM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Quote: SOOPOO
Not from me. Too taxing to find them all. I think fleaswatter might have done a compilation. Since you have included the word 'politics' in there you might be doling out a bunch of suspensions soon.

I will await to see if anyone presents anything. I will say mentioning specific names is not nearly as bad as large groups of people. For example, even I'll say that the world is a better place without Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi in it.

Quote:
If I was the boss, none of the posts I am talking about would be suspension worthy, but neither would the Shrek post. You the boss..... you make the rules.....

That's right, I do make the rules. Anyone who doesn't like them is not forced to participate.
February 27th, 2020 at 11:59:44 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Coronavirus could cause Diet Coke shortage due to supply chain disruption of artificial sweeteners from China.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman