No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

April 3rd, 2020 at 2:25:48 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: Gandler
The GA governor just made a huge mistake.

He put out an Emergency order statewide that is very lenient, and overrides city level restrictions. Pretty much overriding all progress made on local levels.

In my County, we were testing everyone entering county limits even at airports and train stations.... No more..... And, now just about every business can reopen..... It's going to be a disaster.... We are probably going to go from one of the safest counties to a higher rate of infection.....

"April 2 2020

Andisheh Nouraee @andishehnouraee - 0:49 UTC · Apr 2, 2020
A stunning admission of deadly ignorance from Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp, who says he only just learned that asymptomatic people can transmit #Covid19. “ndividuals could have been infecting people before they ever felt bad, but we didn’t know that until the last 24 hours.” - vid"

I almost posted this yesterday when I could pull it up, for some reason it won't today? Don't know if it's because I don't have a twitter account? If I read this correctly [if] Ga. gov Kemp until the 1st of April did not know that the Corona virus could be transmitted by people without symptoms? Hard to accept this kind of ignorance if true.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
April 3rd, 2020 at 2:34:44 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Quote: aceofspades
The Federalist suggests sacrificing NYC for the good of the country

I think I should sue them for plagiarism. I been saying the same for 20yrs =p

Quote: RonC

It would take more evidence for me to think it was connected, given that I get crap from them all the time and the airwaves are bombarded with the commercials.

I was just taking the piss. I don't think Don is in cahoots with Mr Pillow.
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
April 3rd, 2020 at 3:07:51 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Our incompetent dumbass surgeon general
was saying all last week that we shouldn't
be wearing masks or face coverings, they
did no good. Today he just said EVERYBODY
should be wearing a face covering in public,
even if it's just a bandana.

He had Scott Adams screaming at him in
his videos that he was 100% wrong about
not wearing masks. Pretty funny.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
April 3rd, 2020 at 3:10:39 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Face
I think I should sue them for plagiarism. I been saying the same for 20yrs =p

Movie Escape from NY has 1st dibs, almost 40 years old.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
April 3rd, 2020 at 4:09:19 PM permalink
OnceDear
Threads: 11
Quote: Evenbob
Our incompetent dumbass surgeon general.
You mean VADM Jerome Adams nominated and recruited by hmmmm. Let me see now ... donald j trump
Quote: trumpy
“We’ve created a number of new stars, including the gentleman right behind me,” Trump said on March 14 at a White House news conference, turning to Adams. “I watched him the other day. It was such a fantastic job you did, and I really appreciate it.”
Appearing on the March 2 edition of “Fox and Friends,” the surgeon general said he remained “convinced that more people are going to die by far from the flu than from coronavirus — not only in our country, but across the planet.” At the time, public health officials were urging Americans to stop comparing the new outbreak to the flu, noting that it minimized the risk of the far more deadly coronavirus, but Trump had used the comparison to allay concerns.

donald trump only hires the best people!
April 3rd, 2020 at 4:10:23 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: petroglyph
"April 2 2020

Andisheh Nouraee @andishehnouraee - 0:49 UTC · Apr 2, 2020
A stunning admission of deadly ignorance from Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp, who says he only just learned that asymptomatic people can transmit #Covid19. “ndividuals could have been infecting people before they ever felt bad, but we didn’t know that until the last 24 hours.” - vid"

I almost posted this yesterday when I could pull it up, for some reason it won't today? Don't know if it's because I don't have a twitter account? If I read this correctly [if] Ga. gov Kemp until the 1st of April did not know that the Corona virus could be transmitted by people without symptoms? Hard to accept this kind of ignorance if true.

Yeah, he is so wrong on everything regarding this.

He is putting GA in danger by his lack of action on one hand, and his action of overruling local protections on the other to protect the corporations who all wanted to reopen....

I don't know if anyone else here is from GA so most probably don't care, but its absurd what he is both doing and not doing.
April 3rd, 2020 at 5:34:42 PM permalink
Tripdufan
Threads: 0
Next time we get the chance to elect a failed businessman turned reality tv star we might wanna take a pass on that, mmkay?

#thanksMAGAts.

“Leadership is about taking responsibility for everything that goes wrong while giving your subordinates credit for everything that goes right”

This sound Donny to you guys?

“I don’t take any responsibility at all” - Donald Trump

#thanksMAGAts.
April 3rd, 2020 at 5:47:20 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: Tripdufan
Next time we get the chance to elect a failed businessman turned reality tv star we might wanna take a pass on that, mmkay?

#thanksMAGAts.

“Leadership is about taking responsibility for everything that goes wrong while giving your subordinates credit for everything that goes right”

#thanksMAGAts.

Trump is both the best and worst thing to happen to America.

It shows the issue with the celebrity and reality-TV obsessed culture of the right.

He will win in 2020. And, it will be four more years of drama.

But, it will pave the way for more egalitarian Commanders in Chief going forward.

The right loves failed businessmen when they have catchy TV shows.... It is what it is.....

I will say, the one thing that Trump has going for him, is that he has no principles, he will do whatever he thinks will make him popular (not necessarily praised, but talked about), which can be a good thing in times of crisis, if the population is pushing the proper measures.....
April 3rd, 2020 at 5:48:55 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Tripdufan

#thanksMAGAts.

#thanksMAGAts.

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
April 4th, 2020 at 6:17:22 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
what is correct ?

a] we were lucky to be hit with C-19 and not something else, the death rate will probably be shown to be less than 1% and the nation will be slowly building herd immunity. In the meantime, we are learning from this, best lesson being we better be serious about these things and be prepared. We'll know better how to be prepared now for when something worse hits, and it looks like the future.

b] getting hit with something similar like Mers or Sars would have been better. Though the death rate would be much higher, this makes it easier to control and we probably would have controlled it early on. Basically, you don't have the symptomless or near symptomless walking around with it and spreading it. The other bit about 'learning lessons' would be the same.

I'm not sure. I might be leaning towards 'b'
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]