No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

April 4th, 2020 at 9:32:00 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: ams288
Donny and Melania voted by mail in 2018.

Of course the GOP is terrified of voting by mail. Not because of fraud. Because when more people are able to vote, THEY LOSE. Donny openly admitted this on Fox and Friends the other morning...

It all depends. If its a self addressed stamped envelope, the Democrats win in a landslide. If you have to put your own stamp on it, the Democrats do not have a chance.
April 4th, 2020 at 9:38:44 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: SOOPOO

I wonder if Trump will ever get to this point.... "Madam reporter, i am not answering your questions anymore because you report fake news." Next question?

He almost did to that one woman.
The President is a fink.
April 4th, 2020 at 9:57:03 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
It all depends. If its a self addressed stamped envelope, the Democrats win in a landslide. If you have to put your own stamp on it, the Democrats do not have a chance.

What if they actually have to prove who is doing the voting?
April 4th, 2020 at 11:08:57 AM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3
Quote: gamerfreak
Lol where do you get your news from? Because this isn’t even close.

Where do you get your news from?? Twitter??? Rachael Madcow???

Quote: gamerfreak
Trump did not say that at all. Jared Kushner said something to the effect of “The federal stockpile is not to distribute to the states, it is ours.”

Which raises a pretty big question, who the hell is “ours” if not the American people who’s tax dollars funded the stockpile?

I am sure he means there’s ventilators and PPE stockpiled (with your money) for him and his well connected cronies.

JK is a sorry excuse for a leader and the absolute epitome of nepotism.

As usual, you, like others on the "left", desires to spread misleading information by taking a quote or "sound bite" (you didn't even make an effort to provide Kushner's actual words) without it's surrounding context in an effort to make President Trump look bad.

You could have easily found Kushner's words (HERE) but you would rather make ridiculous accusations.

I will make it easy for you so you do not have to read the entire press conference:
Quote:
MR. KUSHNER: Sure. So the first — the first issue that we’ve been dealing with was really the ventilators. That was the number one, number two, and number three from all the states.

What we’ve been finding is that people have a lot of these requests based on the models. And what we’ve been trying to do over at FEMA is say to the states, “Well, if you would like ventilators, we need to see — first, look in your states.” Right? So, for example, in northern Jersey, they’re going down to southern Jersey and they’re finding ventilators and trying to relocate them to where they have their hotspots.

The second thing that we’ve done asked them to survey for alternative ventilators. Dr. Birx spoke before about the anesthesia machines and the ability to — to convert them to be ventilators. So we’re asking people to be resourceful inside their states before they come to the federal government.

The third thing we’ve been asking states to do is to provide what their daily utilization rates are. So everyone is asking for everything. One congressman got a call from his local hospital saying, “I need 250 ventilators.” And he said, “Well, you don’t have a COVID patient within four counties, why do you want 250 ventilators?” And he says, “Well, we just want to be safe. We’re very nervous right now.”

So what you have all over the country is a lot of people are asking for things that they don’t necessarily need at the moment. And the job of FEMA and Admiral Polowczyk has been to try to make sure that we’re getting the real data from the cities, from the states, so that we can make real-time allocation decisions based on the data.

And right now, what’s happening is a lot of the different cities and states are providing FEMA that — that information. We’re talking to them daily. They’re updating that information daily. And that’s enabling the federal government to make much more informed decisions on where they position ventilators.

You also have a situation where, in some states, FEMA allocated ventilators to the states. And you have instances where, in cities, they’re running out, but the state still has a stockpile. And the notion of the federal stockpile was it’s supposed to be our stockpile; it’s not supposed to be state stockpiles that they then use. So we’re encouraging the states to make sure that they’re assessing the needs, they’re getting the data from their local — local situations, and then trying to fill it with the supplies that we’ve given them.

The same thing with the masks. So the N95 mask is actually an item that wasn’t used as frequently in the medical profession before this. It was used mostly for diseases. So speaking to a lot of the doctors and hospital administrators, they would say they used actually a very low percentage of the N95 masks.

What the President and the Vice President were able to do with Congress was to get the waiver so that you could expand the pool because a lot of the masks were used to — for the construction industries. Now there’s a much bigger pool of masks in the country. There was a stockpile. They distributed that based on where they anticipated a lot of the need would go. But a lot of that still is stuck with the states and it hasn’t trickled down to the right places within the states.

So I would just encourage you, when you have governors saying that the federal government haven’t — hasn’t given them what they need, I would just urge you to ask them, “Well, have you looked within your state to make sure that you haven’t been able to find the resources?”

Unlike other countries, a lot of the medical system in America is a private — it’s not a — it’s not a public, government-controlled. So you have to get the data from what’s in their state, look at it in that way, and then make sure that they’re being resourceful in a way to do that. And also ask them what their utilization percentage is because if one governor is asking for more ventilators and if the federal government sends them more than they need, the goal here is not to have ventilators sitting in a warehouse where you have another state or you have people who need them.

So what we’re trying to do is make informed data-driven decisions, both on ventilators, masks, any other supply we can get to make sure it’s going to the people who need them.
Let's go Brandon
April 4th, 2020 at 11:28:20 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
There's proof that the white house edited its website after Kushner spoke as people took screenshots.

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2020/04/us-edits-national-stockpile-website-after-kushner-claims-its-not-for-states/
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 4th, 2020 at 11:33:52 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: rxwine
There's proof that the white house edited it's website after Kushner spoke as people took screenshots.

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2020/04/us-edits-national-stockpile-website-after-kushner-claims-its-not-for-states/

So glad that’s what they’re spending their time on during this crisis.

“Only the best people!”
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
April 4th, 2020 at 6:13:07 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: ams288
So glad that’s what they’re spending their time on during this crisis.

“Only the best people!”

I thought I would share the cure with you all. Chloroquinine is the artificial quinine. The original malaria cure in India when the brits were in India was tonic water made with quinine, hence the name. I have been testing with gin and tonic and can report that after only treatments this afternoon I am already feeling better :-)
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
April 5th, 2020 at 3:03:39 PM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
they're playing it down, but Boris Johnson could bite the dust

https://apnews.com/193a0cfe074685144ade169084a68255
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
April 5th, 2020 at 3:22:54 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: odiousgambit
they're playing it down, but Boris Johnson could bite the dust

https://apnews.com/193a0cfe074685144ade169084a68255

Time flies. Seems like only last month he was bragging about not stopping shaking people’s hands...
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
April 6th, 2020 at 8:52:00 AM permalink
Tripdufan
Threads: 0

I wonder if Trump will ever get to this point.... "Madam reporter, i am not answering your questions anymore because you report fake news." Next question?

Funny, because I’m waiting for the day when a reporter gets to the point of saying, “yeah know what Mr. President, why don’t you go f**k yourself.”