I will see if Shrek answers.
The President is a fink.
May 14th, 2020 at 5:08:48 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: AZDuffman
You totally missed it.

I know what you are alluding to, its a false allegory.

Elective medical procedures are heavily restricted. I can't even get my 6 month dental appointment until well into July, most Healthcare procedures are at a standstill....

Also, we are talking about a temporary ban, not making activities permanently illegal.... I have no issue with the government allocating medical supplies from abortion clinics to more urgent care centers, I don't see anyone arguing otherwise. I am not a big abortion person, so you are pushing an open door with me....
May 14th, 2020 at 5:10:56 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29

Possibly the saddest sentence ever typed on this board.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
May 14th, 2020 at 5:27:20 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: Gandler
https://in.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-usa-trump/trump-mobilizing-u-s-military-to-deliver-coronavirus-vaccine-idINKBN22Q1Q2

'“You know it’s a massive job to give this vaccine,” Trump said in an interview broadcast Thursday on Fox Business Network. “Our military is now being mobilized so at the end of the year, we’re going to be able to give it to a lot of people very, very rapidly.” '

I love this. It's going to make the anti-vax right crazy, mandatory vaccines given by the military, but since it came from Trump they can't denounce it. Great move by Trump, credit where credit is due.

There is nothing in that article that says it is mandatory and being enforced by the military. The military mobilization is to have the military do the logistics and likely provide additional medical personal to administer the vaccine. Nice spin though to politicize the announcement, must be learning that from CNN.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
May 14th, 2020 at 5:33:13 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: kenarman
There is nothing in that article that says it is mandatory and being enforced by the military. The military mobilization is to have the military do the logistics and likely provide additional medical personal to administer the vaccine. Nice spin though to politicize the announcement, must be learning that from CNN.

As per current guidance the plan is to make it mandatory for many. Similar to how many other vaccines are mandatory.

You won't be shot for not getting it. But, you will be limited from many aspects of society..... As you should be with all vaccines in my opinion....
May 14th, 2020 at 5:43:01 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Dalex64
Then there is the other mixed messages, where you have Trump and his family, and other scientific representatives from the administration such as Dr Fauci, contradicting each other, sometimes within moments of eachother speaking.

Yup
Science (honesty) vs politics (spin)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
May 14th, 2020 at 5:45:16 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Back Alley haircuts? Seriously?

I have a clipper set I bought on Amazon for about less than 50 bucks over 2 years ago, and saves me 20 dollars a week for haircuts.... Any male should be able to cut their own hair.... Its really not complicated.... You just pop the length guard on the clippers and run it over your head....

Yup
Been doing it for years
I never go to the barber
Waste of money
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
May 15th, 2020 at 1:35:09 AM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
It is about control. Do they not realize that by keeping the barber shops closed they are driving people to unsafe, back-alley haircuts?
Back Alley haircuts? Seriously?
You totally missed it.

Good god! I actually unblocked him just to see what he wrote, and I think I lost a few brain cells after reading his post.

I can't believe he actually freakin wrote this in response to your "back alley haircut" comment!

I have a clipper set I bought on Amazon for about less than 50 bucks over 2 years ago, and saves me 20 dollars a week for haircuts.... Any male should be able to cut their own hair.... Its really not complicated.... You just pop the length guard on the clippers and run it over your head....

If you need your haircut that desperately (which if you are retired you don't), do it yourself....

Also, if you are feeling brazen barber shops have been open anyway (at least in GA), its not like haircuts are illegal or hard to get if you really must get the "salon experience"..... You can literally go outside and walk down the block and get one if you feel the need....

I don't know whether to laugh or cry at such a pathetic post.

May 15th, 2020 at 1:37:10 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
The auto industry started up again
on Monday, that explains the
extra traffic on my road. Goes
into full production next week.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 15th, 2020 at 2:19:25 AM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Face Masks Pose Serious Risks To The Healthy

Hey libbies, keep wearing those police state masks! 🙄

Quote: Brief excerpt from article
There is another danger to wearing these masks on a daily basis, especially if worn for several hours. When a person is infected with a respiratory virus, they will expel some of the virus with each breath. If they are wearing a mask, especially an N95 mask or other tightly fitting mask, they will be constantly rebreathing the viruses, raising the concentration of the virus in the lungs and the nasal passages.......By wearing a mask, the exhaled viruses will not be able to escape and will concentrate in the nasal passages, enter the olfactory nerves and travel into the brain.