15 members have voted

May 18th, 2020 at 11:53:36 PM permalink
Wishuponacomet
Threads: 2
sock post redacted
May 19th, 2020 at 1:11:13 AM permalink
redietz
Threads: 1
I think the Prez has put on a good 20 pounds since he took office, maybe more. That "234" listed as his official weight must be if he were on Venus or something. "Morbidly obese" wasn't very nice, but that is the term.

You know, as much as the Prez throws nicknames at others, the obvious one for him would be "Chubby" or "Slim" or something, but the U.S. is pretty much the fattest country outside of the Middle East and various South Pacific islands and Mexico (which caught us). No American politician throws the "fatty" at him because it alienates too many obese Americans. So Pelosi stepped out and did it at just the perfect time, when it actually had bearing on the subject.

It's good she put it out there, because now everybody for the next couple of weeks is going to be looking at him and asking, "Is he morbidly obese, or is he just obese? Hmmm....."
May 19th, 2020 at 3:28:14 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Quote: terapined

The ‘clinical trials’ referred to in that article is that Veterans Affairs patients "study" conducted by two pharmacists, an engineer, two PhD’s in Biostatics, and an ophthalmologist. Six non-scientists who wrote an unscientific report. They never treated any of the patients in the study, and concluded that the use of HQC is related to higher rates of death, despite the fact that the patients in the small study, who were not treated with HQC were ‘expected’ to have the lowest death rate, since they were less sick to begin with.

"However, hydroxychloroquine, with or without azithromycin, was more likely to be prescribed to patients with more severe disease, as assessed by baseline ventilatory status and metabolic and hematologic parameters. Thus, as expected, increased mortality was observed in patients treated with hydroxychloroquine, both with and without azithromycin."

There was no control group. No dosage study. No peer review.

The clueless, accepted that worthless report as though it was a Johns Hopkins or CDC study.

This is a letter from the AAPS to Arizona Governor Doug Ducey, asking him to rescind his Executive Order forbidding prophylactic use of HCQ.

The letter included this summary of peer-reviewed evidence.

“The HCQ-AZ combination, when started immediately after diagnosis, appears to be a safe and efficient treatment for COVID-19, with a mortality rate of 0.5%, in elderly patients. It avoids worsening and clears virus persistence and contagious infectivity in most cases.”

Turkey, which currently has 151,000 total cases and a low mortality rate of 2.78%, claims success using HCQ. The policy there is to give HCQ to anyone who tests positive for the disease.

"Doctors prescribe hydroxychloroquine to everyone who is tested positive for coronavirus"
May 19th, 2020 at 3:51:45 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Tanko

The clueless, accepted that worthless report as though it was a Johns Hopkins or CDC study.

Foxnews clueless
This is rich
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
May 19th, 2020 at 4:48:52 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: redietz
I think the Prez has put on a good 20 pounds since he took office, maybe more. That "234" listed as his official weight must be if he were on Venus or something. "Morbidly obese" wasn't very nice, but that is the term.

I'm fine with her calling him names. He does what he does; she can do what she does.

If he is 100 pounds over the recommended weight, he is morbidly obese. Like many, many Americans he is probably between overweight and obese on some of the charts.

Her comment and his use of the drug masked his stupid comments on investigations from what I see on the news today (so far)...so he may have done better in the daily news cycle than I expected...
May 19th, 2020 at 5:20:00 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
If the Red states which are 'opening too early' are successful, that will be a big win for Trump. It will not matter if their death rate ends up 10 or 15% higher than it would have been. People will be happy their economies have gotten on a start back to normalcy sooner. And if by some chance there is a study which ends up showing a slight positive effect for hydroxychloroquine, which is certainly possible, well, then Trump will get a HUGE push from that.

I am watching the Bellmawr gym story. The police apparently arrived, told the owner he is in violation, and left. Maybe someone will be serving the owner with a fine today? But it does not look like it will be shut down. The owner has taken reasonable COVID-19 precautions, like limiting number of people, frequent wipe-downs, silly temperature checks, etc...

By the way, I never knew there was a Bellmawr, New Jersey. I thought it was a typo of Belmar, New Jersey, which has been in the news for the lines to buy 'beach tickets' last week. I went to the beach in Belmar last summer with my sister and B inlaw. You had to pay for a day pass if you didn't have a 'season sticker'.
May 19th, 2020 at 6:33:23 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: RonC
If he is 100 pounds over the recommended weight, he is morbidly obese. Like many, many Americans he is probably between overweight and obese on some of the charts.

He’s definitely more than overweight on ANY chart.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
May 19th, 2020 at 8:09:46 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: ams288
He’s definitely more than overweight on ANY chart.

Isn't that the same Dr that said not only is his health perfect, but he would be the "healthiest President in American history"?....

I guess an old obese man is far healthier than a sportsman like Roosevelt (original).... There are plenty of other examples of Presidents that are far healthier than him....
Heck FDR with his chainsmokimg and paralysis was probably healthier.....
May 19th, 2020 at 8:25:22 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Quote: terapined
Foxnews clueless
This is rich

Cavuto makes my point. The clueless accepted that worthless report as though it was a Johns Hopkins or CDC study. He repeatedly refers to it as a VA study, and gives it credibility by implying it was conducted by the VA, when it was not.

He ignores the fact, indicated in the report, that those who were not treated with HCQ, and died at a lower rate as 'expected', were not as sick as the other two groups.

These 27 sources represent 5,335 patients who received early stage treatment with HCQ, Zinc Sulphate and AZ.

The case fatality rate for these patients is .54% vs. the 7.01% worldwide case fatality rate.

Also included is the case fatality rate for those countries that utilize HCQ. Overall 2.93% vs. 7.01% worldwide.
May 19th, 2020 at 8:36:45 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: SOOPOO

I am watching the Bellmawr gym story. The police apparently arrived, told the owner he is in violation, and left. Maybe someone will be serving the owner with a fine today? But it does not look like it will be shut down. The owner has taken reasonable COVID-19 precautions, like limiting number of people, frequent wipe-downs, silly temperature checks, etc...

Those cops are to be commended, they are oath keepers not oath breakers. Nobody is being harmed and no "victim" to the "crime." We need to see more and more of this. Those still favoring lockdowns are on the wrong side of this now. Hopefully the cops just asked if the owner is noticing anyone sick and told him/her to "keep things quiet" in the same way the RAs in college told us not to be stupid if we had beer in our room.
The President is a fink.