No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

October 25th, 2020 at 3:35:07 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
And not much has changed.
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/10/25/white-house-chief-of-staff-controlpandemic-432236
Quote:
‘We’re not going to control the pandemic’: White House chief’s comments undermine Trump’s message.

Mark Meadows acknowledged the situation is not easily handled, with nine days left in a presidential campaign dominated by the coronavirus.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
October 25th, 2020 at 3:56:16 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Gandler

I mean to be somewhat fair, both are technically correct.

I thought I’d hate the button-less iPhone, but I have really grown accustomed to it.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
October 25th, 2020 at 3:57:51 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Dalex64

The virus is surging in rural areas
It's bad
When you need to go to a hospital and all the local beds are filled and you are told to drive a long distance, you know it's bad. That's typical in the areas I have been traveling.
I considered walking across the border today. I actually walked as far as I was allowed. One more step towards that bridge and Border patrol told me they would consider me leaving the country.
I thought about it but did not want to end up in a crowd trying to get back into the US. Other side of road very very busy with entry into US.
Was site seeing El Paso Juarez border
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
October 25th, 2020 at 5:14:35 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: ams288
I thought I’d hate the button-less iPhone, but I have really grown accustomed to it.

We just got the new iPhone at work (I had the IPhone 6 forever), and I can't stand not having a home button.

To be fair, I much prefer Android phones in general. I am not an Apple person in general. I would never use an Iphone consensually.
October 25th, 2020 at 5:41:02 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
I've been visiting a good amount of elderly sick recently as I am a younger priest and they figure if I get COVID I will hopefully be okay. On of the workers there recently told me that she thinks more people have died from broken hearts than COVID in their nursing home. She was close to tears showing me this plexiglass cage they put people in to talk to their loved ones with no hugs or touch with muffled voices for 15 mins. She said for the sake of these elderly people who miss their families we need to open up to visitors again no matter what. She also mentioned the amazing difference in residents she sees when they are somehow able to see their families, usually when they get transferred to hospice.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
October 25th, 2020 at 7:15:17 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: FrGamble
I've been visiting a good amount of elderly sick recently as I am a younger priest and they figure if I get COVID I will hopefully be okay. On of the workers there recently told me that she thinks more people have died from broken hearts than COVID in their nursing home. She was close to tears showing me this plexiglass cage they put people in to talk to their loved ones with no hugs or touch with muffled voices for 15 mins. .

Nursing homes make no money off
pf dead old people. My wife can
only Skype with her 94 year old
mom, they won't let her near
the place.

Here's a 104 year old woman
begging to see her kids. It's
heartbreaking.

https://www.facebook.com/cathie.russell.56/videos/3435593763202666
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
October 26th, 2020 at 12:12:10 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Quote: FrGamble
I've been visiting a good amount of elderly sick recently as I am a younger priest and they figure if I get COVID I will hopefully be okay. On of the workers there recently told me that she thinks more people have died from broken hearts than COVID in their nursing home. She was close to tears showing me this plexiglass cage they put people in to talk to their loved ones with no hugs or touch with muffled voices for 15 mins. She said for the sake of these elderly people who miss their families we need to open up to visitors again no matter what. She also mentioned the amazing difference in residents she sees when they are somehow able to see their families, usually when they get transferred to hospice.

Normally I'd say, if both sides want to see each other knowing the risks, let them. And if they get covid and die, it's not anyone's else's fault but their own. HOWEVER. Nursing homes aren't equipped or staffed to then handle a potentially infected patient who will now be likely coming into contact with the other elderly patients who didn't make that choice. Even if you had twice the staff, you'd still need more rooms, because you would probably have to not have several shared rooms. Patients wouldn't be able to move around in the common areas, like the dining room or lounges, some being contaminated and some not.

Heck the article below is before the covid started
https://nurse.org/articles/nurse-staffing-unsafe-long-care-facilities/
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 26th, 2020 at 5:20:21 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: JCW09
So much ams288 "Fan Fiction" becoming reality it must be scary for him?
LMAO

JCW09 hasn't visited the board in 3 weeks.

Wonder why?

lol
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
October 26th, 2020 at 10:11:40 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: ams288
JCW09 hasn't visited the board in 3 weeks.

Wonder why?

lol

Caught the fake virus?
going on a hike today checking out the dripping springs trail
Pretty unsafe around here. El Paso hospitals filled to capacity
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
October 26th, 2020 at 12:32:30 PM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83