No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

November 17th, 2020 at 6:21:20 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: JCW09

But the Dems & MSM got this theory to stick to the Bad Orange Man, so well played and all of that.

Yup
Trump is the worst leader when it comes to covid
He insisted on holding super spreader events
We are closing in on a quarter million dead and he aint doing jack because he cant deal with being called a loser
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 17th, 2020 at 1:23:13 PM permalink
JCW09
Threads: 12
"The Orange Man is Bad, Bad Orange Man".
"Taiwan is the Covid recovery road map".
WTF Ed, your narrative is old/tired and was always useless.
UK, Spain, France, Italy & Spain are closing in on 200,000 dead, so what.
Are all their leaders Bad Orange Men/Women as well?
Think for yourself, add something new to the dialogue.
You know, something like my hero Biden is going to do this to change the Covid crisis.
But you got nothing except people are dying in the US like they are dying all over the world.
Well except Taiwan, remember that island county Taiwan!
And it's all the Bad Orange Man's fault.
Your just a pathetic CNN/MSNBC Sheeple repeating a boring disingenuous narrative.
The good news is America isn't going to have to wait for the Presidential House Plant to do anything.
Trump's Warp Speed program has produce & procured hundreds of millions of vaccine doses for the US.
Biden will take the credit, but anyone with a brain knows the Covid problem was solved during the Trump Administration's watch.
And the economy will boom in 2021 and beyond despite The House Plant.
But the narrative will be about what a horrible transition he was given and the economy was in shambles.
And the great House Plant & Heels Up came in to save the American people from Covid and lift up the US economy.
With a Covid Vaccine gift wrapped for him, I'll be impressed if the House Plant can beat Trump's pre-Covid unemployment numbers.
You remember those Ed, they were at 50 year lows in a world without Covid just 10 months ago.
Well Biden will get a world without Covid by 7/1/2021, but I won't hold my breath.
Def. of Liar - "A Person Who Tells Lies" / "I lied. Deal with it" - ams288
November 17th, 2020 at 2:06:09 PM permalink
Tripdufan
Threads: 0
Last three years of Obama netted 1.5 million MORE jobs than the first three years of Trump, BEFORE the pandemic. A pile of dog s**t could deficit spend a trillion bux in a "boomin" economy and get 2.5% gdp. There was NOTHING, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING special about Trump's economy before the pandemic. I don't give a f how many times he said it to get his dumbass supporters to believe it. The economy was humming along at about the same pace as it was before Trump. The only difference was Obama and House Republicans were cutting deficits, not ballooning them.

And since presidents have their biggest impacts on economies in times of crisis, you can point to really the only crisis Trump faced during his presidency to see what his impact was...a disaster. I haven't checked the latest numbers, but is he still the first president in modern history that will have LOST jobs?

I saw an interview with Billy Bush post access hollywood tape and he told a story about when him and Trump were doing some media events. A reporter asked Trump about Celebrity Apprentice and Trump went on to talk about how they were number one in the ratings, only they weren't number 1. They weren't even close to number 1 at the time. When Billy asked Trump why he said they were number 1 when he knew they weren't, Trump replied, "Billy, you just say it, and they believe it. Just say it, and they will believe it."

He was talking about you JC and all the other Trump supporters that fell for this con.

"I love the poorly educated." - Donald Trump

Yeah...no s**t.
November 17th, 2020 at 2:08:26 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
November 17th, 2020 at 4:48:23 PM permalink
JCW09
Threads: 12
Quote: Tripdufan
There was NOTHING, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING special about Trump's economy before the pandemic.

Unemployment rates at 50 year lows in 2019 pre-pandemic. Unemployment lower than pre the 2008 financial crisis or before Y2K.
Black unemployment at all time lows of 5.4% in 2019 pre-pandemic (the previous low was 7% in 2000).
A 6.8% increase in family incomes in 2019.
American families employed making more money than ever pre-pandemic.
That is why 56% of Americans felt better off economically than they did in 2016.
That is what matters, not GDP growth, but since you brought it up.
A pile of dog s**t could deficit spend a trillion bux in a "boomin" economy and get 2.5% gdp.

Actually not, as Obama increased the debt by $1.4T from the end of 2015 to the end of 2016
And GDP growth fell from 2.91% in 2015 to 1.64% in 2016, a decelerating growth rate into the Trump Administration.
But not to worry, Trip, Trump turned that bitch around and the economy grew by 2.37% in 2017 and 2.93% in 2018
With the economic accelerators of decreased regulation and tax cuts.
And the Debt went up by a smaller $1.25T each of those years, less than Obama in 2016.
See, you use terms like "humming along" and I provide actual facts & figures.
So who is the dumbass, because its looking like you Trip.
You know, the guy that has never signed the front of a paycheck.
And since presidents have their biggest impacts on economies in times of crisis, you can point to really the only crisis Trump faced during his presidency to see what his impact was...a disaster. I haven't checked the latest numbers, but is he still the first president in modern history that will have LOST jobs?

You mean like when Obama guided us through the slowest economic recovery in history.
Do I blame Obama for that, well he was really handed a $hit show and with no clear path to escaping it.
Do I think he could have done better, yes, but he was handed an economic recession/depression not seen in what, 80 years?
I'll give him a pass on the first four years, but in 2016 growth started slowing significantly and that is on him.
Actually it is really on Hillary as the biz community was scared to death of 4 years of that bitch and it looked likely.
Similarly, the pandemic has hit Trumpie in 2020 and I would expect really bad numbers on jobs/growth, like 2009, nothing can be done.
But this time there is a get out of jail free card for Biden in the form of a vaccine.
The economy will continue its V shape recovery once the vaccine starts deploying by the end of 2020.
By the end of Q1 2021, we will be rocking again and Biden will give some BS speech like he actually did anything his first 100 days.
That is why the stock market continues to stay elevated while we experience the worst levels of infections ever.
The market looks ahead 6-12 months and sees rainbows and butterflies.
But if GA Senate races both go Dem, and Biden gets his tax hikes and regulations in place.
All bets are off, the economy will sputter, jobs won't come back quickly and the recovery will take the Obama path to recovery.
My bet is that doesn't happen, GOP will hold at least one Senate seat in GA
Should be both seats, but with Dems moving to GA to rig, I mean vote, in that election, who knows
Economy should boom and Biden will be the credited, until someone forgets to water him and he dies.
Then its Heels Up all the way to 2024, its a bold strategy Cotton, let's see how it works out for the them.
Def. of Liar - "A Person Who Tells Lies" / "I lied. Deal with it" - ams288
November 17th, 2020 at 5:19:51 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
"What is clear about the coronavirus today is that we have
no idea how many people currently have it and no idea of
who really died from it.. We know that only 6% of the deaths
recorded as coronavirus deaths are solely related to the
coronavirus only. The remaining deaths recorded as coronavirus
deaths are related to individuals who on average had 2 to 3
comorbidities along with the coronavirus. Tens of thousands
of the deaths counted and broadcast as coronavirus
deaths are related to heart attacks and accidents."

They are also finding that about
75% of people being tested are
re-tests, they were already tested.
Yet these re-tests are being added
to the grand total as if they were
new. Some people get tested 3-4
times. One guy was tested 4 times
in one day and 2 were positive and
2 were negative. And it all goes
into the database as individual tests.

Scam, fraud, I've said this since
the start.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 17th, 2020 at 5:29:07 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73

And it's all the Bad Orange Man's fault.

He held super spreader events and he convinced many on the right not to wear masks
History will not treat Trump well no matter how much you type
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 17th, 2020 at 6:29:01 PM permalink
Tripdufan
Threads: 0

And the Debt went up by a smaller $1.25T each of those years, less than Obama in 2016.
See, you use terms like "humming along" and I provide actual facts & figures.

Unemployment and job growth trends that he inherited and actually under performed in. He created 1.5 million less jobs in his first three than Obama's last three.

https://www.thebalance.com/us-deficit-by-year-3306306

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/how-trumps-economy-went-from-rocket-ship-to-lead-balloon-2019-09-27

When I bring up deficit spending, what I mean is that ANYBODY could deficit spend in what they are classifying as a "booming" economy and get an average GDP. When economies boom, it's time to cut the deficit, not increase it. And as you can clearly see by "actual facts and figures" provided above in a sourced link, Trump ran a deficit in his "greatest economy ever". I would contend that 2.5% gdp, with under performing job growth, WHILE you are deficit spending, AFTER you promised 6% gdp (lmfao), is NOT the "greatest economy the world has ever seen." There was NOTHING special about it. Now, 6% gdp LIKE YOU PROMISED while creating more jobs than your predecessor WHILE also cutting the deficit, sure, you might have an argument for "greatest economy ever."

What would be nice is if conservatives weren't blatant hypocrites. They cried and moaned and bitched about the deficit being the biggest problem America was facing during the Obama years, but yet when they had "the greatest economy ever" with control of the purse strings, they ran an even bigger deficit? Oh kick rocks. You want to be taken seriously on ANY subject, at least pretend to be genuine.

And the reason he lost is because he wasn't honest about this and everything else he ever talked about. I don't mind having an honest discussion with people but we can't have a debate unless we agree on what's not up for debate, the FACTS.

https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/MEHOINUSA672N

You brought up income. It's true that median income was going up before the pandemic. But the trajectory before Trump was on the up as well! So your argument is "it was the greatest economy ever" while mine is "it was above average, not the greatest ever, and for the most part trends he inherited, while bringing trillion dollar deficits back."

Regardless of what you may believe, my mind can be changed. But Trump repeating "we had the greatest economy the world has ever seen" when the facts clearly show we've seen better economies isn't going to do it for me. It reeks of bullsh*t.
November 17th, 2020 at 7:08:16 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: Evenbob
.... Some people get tested 3-4
times. One guy was tested 4 times
in one day and 2 were positive and
2 were negative. And it all goes
into the database as individual tests.

Scam, fraud, I've said this since
the start.
Elon Musk was one of the people tested 4 times in one day, two positive and two negative.

https://www.zerohedge.com/medical/elon-musk-says-he-may-have-covid-calls-antigen-tests-extremely-bogus
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
November 18th, 2020 at 4:17:53 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Last three years of Obama netted 1.5 million MORE jobs than the first three years of Trump, BEFORE the pandemic. A pile of dog s**t could deficit spend a trillion bux in a "boomin" economy and get 2.5% gdp.

You are describing what Obama did just so you know.
The President is a fink.