No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

April 9th, 2021 at 3:23:04 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: AZDuffman
Maybe because it is just a bad flu and not very serious?

This is wrong for so many reasons. For one it implies the Flu is not dangerous, which it is, which is why we line up every year for the last 60 years to get Flu shots because the Flu is at best a major annoyance for a week, and at worse life ending.

However, the COVID-19 is far worse. There are many long term effects. Some people have what appear to be permeant brain damage, decreased lung capacity, and loss of taste. Even if you survive there is a chance that your life will be changed forever. The idea that people are so flippant about getting COVID is mind boggling to me.

I dread getting the Flu, its one of my biggest fears most years (I don't even like the common cold), getting COVID scares me more right now than the most active terrorist threat out there (and the math backs this up). I honestly think if I had to choose between breaking both of my legs and getting COVID I would choose the broken bones, because at least I know that I can survive, and I know the pain I can expect, and even if there are permanent effects it will not be life changing, unlike COVID which could permanently lower my lung capacity mental abilities, and physical ability. I manage to go most years with never getting the Flu or common cold in my adult life, because I jump on the vaccines every season and exercise extreme caution. COVID is flu season X1000 to me in which we all need to be unified to fight it.

I have a family member who got COVID, very smart guy multiple degrees, peak physical shape, high level job, and now he has "brain fog" and he thinks dramatically slower (you can tell when he talks or even texts now). It is unknown if this will be a long term effect that is recoverable or permanent. I don't like anecdotes, but sadly people here don't seem to believe that there are long term effects, and probably won't until they know somebody or experience it (one member literally said that it does not exist because they or their family have not met anyone with COVID). Personally I will do everything that I can to never experience it. This is one of the biggest threats of our lifetime, and if you are not terrified you are not thinking about it correctly.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/coronavirus/in-depth/coronavirus-long-term-effects/art-20490351
April 9th, 2021 at 4:35:03 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Gandler
This is wrong for so many reasons. For one it implies the Flu is not dangerous, which it is, which is why we line up every year for the last 60 years to get Flu shots because the Flu is at best a major annoyance for a week, and at worse life ending.

However, the COVID-19 is far worse. There are many long term effects. Some people have what appear to be permeant brain damage, decreased lung capacity, and loss of taste. Even if you survive there is a chance that your life will be changed forever. The idea that people are so flippant about getting COVID is mind boggling to me.

Some of us refuse to live in fear. Locked down and hiding forever is worse than catching it. Living in a years long depression is not worth a "maybe" to us. It is being the kind of person tells the DA that they are not afraid of the death penalty, life in prison scares them more. The kind that says they are not doing chemo as they do not want to live that way. The kind that prefer to die on their feet than live on their knees.

We are the kind more afraid of how people beg to have their rights taken away to "be safe from the virus" than we are of the virus itself.

I have been hearing the vaccine is not technically a "vaccine." Maybe more “experimental gene therapy."
The President is a fink.
April 9th, 2021 at 4:56:14 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27

Some of us refuse to live in fear. Locked down and hiding forever is worse than catching it. Living in a years long depression is not worth a "maybe" to us. It is being the kind of person tells the DA that they are not afraid of the death penalty, life in prison scares them more. The kind that says they are not doing chemo as they do not want to live that way. The kind that prefer to die on their feet than live on their knees.

We are the kind more afraid of how people beg to have their rights taken away to "be safe from the virus" than we are of the virus itself.

I have been hearing the vaccine is not technically a "vaccine." Maybe more “experimental gene therapy."

That's great. This is a pandemic, and precedent has been set by past Supreme Court rulings that some of your rights can be taken away during such emergencies, and they have the final say. That being said, none have, there is no government mask mandate or lockdown ever (not where I live anyway). It is all private buinsesses that choose to enforce mask rules and social distancing. And, I will support buisneses that make me feel safe as is my right, as it is your right to go to buinseses that have no rules..... I want to shop places that check temperatures, require masks, require hand sanitation upon entry, and enforce social distancing, as is my right, and millions of Americans agree with me....

I'll continue to be safe until I get my second dose. I will happily continue my streak of many years of not being sick. I certainly am not going to risk it in the most dangerous time of my life.

As for the vaccine, it is very effective. Even with just one dose (Pfizer), you are drastically protected, with two doses its basically back to normal. There is a possibility that boosters will be recommended throughout later in the year (that is why you should not laminate your card after the second shot), and I will happily get any boosted that is required.

And, no it does not alter your DNA. The government has packets you can download on the website that disprove this. Also, there are physcial brochures on this topic in the health department, but I did not take them to avoid contact.
April 9th, 2021 at 5:03:49 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29

No one cares what you have “been hearing” in regards to vaccines. You’ve always been an anti-vaxxer, your opinion on the subject means nothing.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
April 9th, 2021 at 5:17:08 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: ams288
No one cares what you have “been hearing” in regards to vaccines. You’ve always been an anti-vaxxer, your opinion on the subject means nothing.

If he was really worried about being genetically altered he'd worry about the relaxation of regulations about chemical exposure usually promoted by pro-business Republicans.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 9th, 2021 at 5:59:02 PM permalink
Tripdufan
Threads: 0
Quote: rxwine
If he was really worried about being genetically altered he'd worry about the relaxation of regulations about chemical exposure usually promoted by pro-business Republicans.

Great point!
April 9th, 2021 at 6:57:07 PM permalink
JimRockford
Threads: 2

Are these the same people who bought up all the ammo?
The mind hungers for that on which it feeds.
April 10th, 2021 at 8:00:02 AM permalink
AZDuffman

That's great. This is a pandemic, and precedent has been set by past Supreme Court rulings that some of your rights can be taken away during such emergencies, and they have the final say. That being said, none have, there is no government mask mandate or lockdown ever (not where I live anyway). It is all private buinsesses that choose to enforce mask rules and social distancing. And, I will support buisneses that make me feel safe as is my right, as it is your right to go to buinseses that have no rules..... I want to shop places that check temperatures, require masks, require hand sanitation upon entry, and enforce social distancing, as is my right, and millions of Americans agree with me....

There are mask mandates and lockdowns in many if not most states. My state still requires the silly masks.
The President is a fink.
April 10th, 2021 at 8:04:08 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: rxwine

Examples, please? Hard to comment unless I know which ones you are talking about. I cannot remember many that are a real issue.

I have worked around "chemicals" on the job for many years. You wear gloves and a respirator when needed but for us that was not all that often. Some do-gooders wanted to make us wear them when handling rodent bait, which was silly because nothing about it became airborne. Getting rid of that kind of regulation will always be fine with me.
The President is a fink.
April 10th, 2021 at 9:21:57 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: ams288

The Trumper position is bizarre
Trump should get total credit for an evil vaccine
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"