No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

April 10th, 2021 at 9:34:47 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: rxwine
If he was really worried about being genetically altered he'd worry about the relaxation of regulations about chemical exposure usually promoted by pro-business Republicans.

On one level AZD is correct the your RNA is changed and instructed to make a protein.

"‘RNA’ stands for ribonucleic acid, which is a molecule that provides cells with instructions for making proteins. Messenger RNA (mRNA) vaccines contain the genetic instructions for making the SARS-CoV-2 spike protein, which is found on the surface of the virus that causes COVID-19."

This is how the Pfizer vaccine works I am not sure if any others also work this way.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
April 10th, 2021 at 9:35:43 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: terapined
The Trumper position is bizarre
Trump should get total credit for an evil vaccine

Wow! I did not even think about that aspect. You just uncovered massive hypocrisy from most of the right that has been out in the open, but has been overlooked.

(Paraphrasing) "Trump should get credit for pushing through vaccines with emergency approval"
(Paraphrasing) "The vaccines are not safe because it does not have traditional approval" (lets not even get into the more outrageous conspiracies).

So to summarize the right (at least in this thread) think that Trump should get credit for pushing for private companies to distribute vaccines with emergency approval, but does not think they are safe because it is not traditionally approved.... (Not even getting into these claims being true or not, they are not, it just shows how illogical the right is....)

Its the same people who think Trump University was a great business model, but the students were "suckers".... So I suppose you can only expect so much from Trump worshipers.
April 10th, 2021 at 9:45:24 AM permalink
kenarman
Quote: Gandler
Wow! I did not even think about that aspect. You just uncovered massive hypocrisy from most of the right that has been out in the open, but has been overlooked.

(Paraphrasing) "Trump should get credit for pushing through vaccines with emergency approval"
(Paraphrasing) "The vaccines are not safe because it does not have traditional approval" (lets not even get into the more outrageous conspiracies).

So to summarize the right (at least in this thread) think that Trump should get credit for pushing for private companies to distribute vaccines with emergency approval, but does not think they are safe because it is not traditionally approved.... (Not even getting into these claims being true or not, they are not, it just shows how illogical the right is....)

Its the same people who think Trump University was a great business model, but the students were "suckers".... So I suppose you can only expect so much from Trump worshipers.

Your position is also total hypocrisy. Either you are happy we have early vaccines and accept the danger of not testing for years before approval or you would sooner see Covid running rampant and very likely causing many more deaths than any shortcomings the vaccines might have. If you are happy we have vaccines then you need to credit the Trump administration for getting them out in record time.

AZD's position has been consistent, he has expressed antivaxer positions on this forum long before Covid.
April 10th, 2021 at 9:57:18 AM permalink
Gandler
Quote: kenarman
Your position is also total hypocrisy. Either you are happy we have early vaccines and accept the danger of not testing for years before approval or you would sooner see Covid running rampant and very likely causing many more deaths than any shortcomings the vaccines might have. If you are happy we have vaccines then you need to credit the Trump administration for getting them out in record time.

AZD's position has been consistent, he has expressed antivaxer positions on this forum long before Covid.

Not at all. I have consistently been pro-vax. I have zero problems with the vaccine, I had my first shot of Pfizer the other day, which base on my readings seems to be the most effective (even after just the first dose), but I am happy for people to get their brand of preference.

I have no problem with crediting people for things they got right. Operation Warpspeed was great, I love the idea of the military, health department, and private companies being incentive to work towards a goal. President Trump for his part deserves credit (he loses credit on many other COVID related things) for whatever extend that he was involved (I suspect its far less than his fans claim).

However, the hypocrisy is saying "Operation Warpspeed is brilliant Trump deserves full credit for the vaccine, but I would never take the vaccine because it was approved in a non-traditional way and I don't feel its safe". So essentially (in their mind) they are saying Trump deserves credit for an unsafe product (not true, but in their mind) that they would never take. Its pure irony.

https://www.defense.gov/Explore/Spotlight/Coronavirus/Operation-Warp-Speed/
April 10th, 2021 at 10:02:23 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

Anybody who confuses a seminar with an actual "university" is too stupid to spend their money correctly.
The President is a fink.
April 10th, 2021 at 10:15:17 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: AZDuffman
Anybody who confuses a seminar with an actual "university" is too stupid to spend their money correctly.

The students were suckers; Trump conned them--both things can be true simultaneously.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
April 10th, 2021 at 10:34:39 AM permalink
kenarman
Not at all. I have consistently been pro-vax. I have zero problems with the vaccine, I had my first shot of Pfizer the other day, which base on my readings seems to be the most effective (even after just the first dose), but I am happy for people to get their brand of preference.

I have no problem with crediting people for things they got right. Operation Warpspeed was great, I love the idea of the military, health department, and private companies being incentive to work towards a goal. President Trump for his part deserves credit (he loses credit on many other COVID related things) for whatever extend that he was involved (I suspect its far less than his fans claim).

However, the hypocrisy is saying "Operation Warpspeed is brilliant Trump deserves full credit for the vaccine, but I would never take the vaccine because it was approved in a non-traditional way and I don't feel its safe". So essentially (in their mind) they are saying Trump deserves credit for an unsafe product (not true, but in their mind) that they would never take. Its pure irony.

For AZD it is not hypocrisy because he won't take any vaccine. Since you won't give Trump much credit for Warpspeed remember that in the unlikely event some of the vaccines go sideways and cause major problems. He won't need to wear much of the problem either or you are the hypocrite.
April 10th, 2021 at 11:08:56 AM permalink
Gandler
Quote: kenarman

For AZD it is not hypocrisy because he won't take any vaccine. Since you won't give Trump much credit for Warpspeed remember that in the unlikely event some of the vaccines go sideways and cause major problems. He won't need to wear much of the problem either or you are the hypocrite.

I literally just said I give President Trump credit for operation Warpspeed. He will not be responsible if some of the vaccines go sideways, that is on the the companies that developed it. And, nobody anywhere on the left (or right) is saying that Trump will be responsible for negative vaccine reactions.

What I said is praising somebody for rushing a product, but then saying that such a product is not safe is at best silly.

Quote: AZDuffman

Exactly my point. This is the issue with people who defend known fraudsters. Its the same people on Youtube who defend MLM cults (which is basically what Trump University was).... Praise the leader, the victims were either stupid or not actually victims ("they received a product").

Trump University is a great personification of Trump, a sham that was built upon worship of a name and nothing of value. Basically tricking people into paying thousands of dollars for a very basic seminar on real estate basics that you could get online for free in a few minutes (none of the instructors even had real estate or investing experience, most were former salesmen whose primary purpose was to upsell students....) There are endless public record investigations and court cases over this, anyone who still defends Trump University is living in Trump fantasy land.... Also, in typical Trump fashion, he said that the Judge presiding over the most recent class action should not be allowed to preside because he was Mexican and would not rule fairly....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trump_University
April 10th, 2021 at 11:31:34 AM permalink
Tripdufan
Threads: 0
What I said is praising somebody for rushing a product, but then saying that such a product is not safe is at best silly.

I've been saying that on this board for a few months now. Their arguments make zero sense. If they truly didn't feel the vaccine was safe or any of the other wild eyed conspiracies they spew about it, they would let Biden own it. But they don't let Biden own it. They not only don't let him own it, they refuse to give him any credit for it.
April 10th, 2021 at 1:15:31 PM permalink
JCW09
Threads: 12
Quote: ams288
No one cares what you have “been hearing” in regards to vaccines. You’ve always been an anti-vaxxer, your opinion on the subject means nothing.

Unless its one of your special knowledge areas: pee tapes, your fascination with Trump's appearance & sticking lights up his ass,
No one cares about your opinion either.
Stay in your lane of what defines attractive male physiques and rectal penetration.
It's all so informative.
Def. of Liar - "A Person Who Tells Lies" / "I lied. Deal with it" - ams288