No votes (0%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

August 6th, 2021 at 5:02:09 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
"Recovered COVID Patients Suffering 'Significant Cognitive Deficits' According To Large-Scale UK Study"

"Common complaints include a lack of smell and taste, as well as "brain fog" - in which sufferers often complain of ongoing confusion, lack of focus, and migraines - well after they've 'recovered' from the disease."

"...up to one-third reportedly suffer from lingering symptoms of varying severity"
August 6th, 2021 at 7:05:09 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
United Airlines just mandated vaccines for all employees. They said if you wish to continue working for United you must get the vaccine.

Edit: All workers in the U.S.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
August 6th, 2021 at 7:21:07 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: DRich
United Airlines just mandated vaccines for all employees. They said if you wish to continue working for United you must get the vaccine.

Edit: All workers in the U.S.

Good.

Get ready for more and more of this.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
August 6th, 2021 at 8:43:43 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: ams288
Good.

Get ready for more and more of this.

Hopefully!! The recent change is do to the courts finding an employer can be held responsible if an employee catches it at work. By mandating the vaccine the company has plausible deniability.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
August 6th, 2021 at 8:59:33 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: DRich
Hopefully!! The recent change is do to the courts finding an employer can be held responsible if an employee catches it at work. By mandating the vaccine the company has plausible deniability.

Absolutely
Companies must provide a safe workplace
Thus
A vaccine requirement
Businesses are doing what they have to do to protect their business
It amazes me that Trumpers are against this
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
August 6th, 2021 at 3:41:04 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: AZDuffman
So you are saying that if gay sex is illegal it doesn't happen?

1. Two individuals having gay sex does not result in pregnancy. (Child Birth Transmission Rates).

2. Of course people (probably, its an assumption) have gay sex where illegal (though some of these governments claim publicly that there are zero gay residents). However, you can't blame it on a culture of gay decadence when such activities (and even thoughts in some cases) are illegal (and actually enforced, its not just old laws on the books....) But, we can only base our knowledge on the laws of the countries and the published data.

The big problem in these countries is not gay sex, its the lack of condoms (also illegal in some cases), lack of birth control, lack of drugs that suppress the HIV from spreading/advancing.

Gay sex is on the rise in America and AIDs rates are on the decline. This is because of all of the protections we have as well as ART meds for people infected as well as medication for HIV positive pregnant women to vastly lower the chance of HIV spreading to the developing baby. Without such treatment about 40% of the time a HIV positive mother will transfer to baby. With treatment its in the single digits.

Every day over 700 children are born with HIV (mostly in such countries), you can see how this can easily have a compounding effect in countries with no prevention or treatment options (they develop, spread it to their partners, including women who get pregnant, cycle continues.)

https://www.careforaids.org/hiv-aids-info/2015/8/13/mother-to-child-transmission-preventable-and-pointless?gclid=Cj0KCQjwu7OIBhCsARIsALxCUaNsDzkAiPiu_AimF7Jv4Hgvw7aAo4EFiuvOpXStqRQUWIrpahIZDpMaAn3DEALw_wcB
August 6th, 2021 at 8:22:45 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Vocal anti-vax right wing shock jock dies peacefully of natural causes.
Just kidding,
It was COVID and he was 65

https://www.wptv.com/lifestyle/taste-and-see/vocal-anti-vaccine-broadcaster-dies-from-covid-19-complications
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
August 7th, 2021 at 2:21:43 AM permalink
OnceDear
Threads: 11
Quote: terapined
Vocal anti-vax right wing shock jock dies peacefully of natural causes.
Just kidding,
It was COVID and he was 65

https://www.wptv.com/lifestyle/taste-and-see/vocal-anti-vaccine-broadcaster-dies-from-covid-19-complications
Oh Dear. What a pity. Never mind.

Seeing a few of these articles in various Media. British fools dying in Britain. American fools dying in America. I think I even saw a Canadian fool dying in Canada.

In other news Grass is green and don't eat yellow snow.

We need these vocal antivaxxers to die more vocally.
August 7th, 2021 at 2:43:36 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: OnceDear

We need these vocal antivaxxers to die more vocally.

Wishing death on people, how classy!

I have to wonder if you wish people who are against guns to die by gunshot?
The President is a fink.
August 7th, 2021 at 2:56:32 AM permalink
OnceDear
Threads: 11
Quote: AZDuffman
Wishing death on people, how classy!

I have to wonder if you wish people who are against guns to die by gunshot?
Did I claim to be classy?

No. Those who are obsessed by guns, maybe.

I wish death on certain scam callers too, when they call me from Microsoft or amazon or my isp to rob me.

No. I'm not classy.

I watched a bit of the film 'Killer Bees' yesterday. A couple of funny scenes. The deputy going in to the bee infested barn with his pistol at the ready: And an old lady defending her home from the bees with her trusty shotgun. Blew out a window and in came the bees.

Back to topic.
These vocal antivaxxers are killing people. IDK how many, but it's a non-zero number and I think it's a significant number. I'd rather they die before they kill more. It can be their last and most powerful influencer message.